Peyton Manning Against the Chiefs' Cornerbacks

An Arrowhead Pride article worth reading.

The short version of this is that when Peyton Manning targeted players covered by Jamell Fleming, his passer rating was 124.8. When Peyton Manning targeted players covered by Marcus Peters, his passer rating was 24.4. When Peyton Manning targeted players covered by anyone but Jamell Fleming, his passer rating was 71.5. Almost half of all of Manning's passing yardage for the night came on targets covered by Fleming.

In short, the future for this secondary is bright once Sean Smith comes back and Jamell Fleming is the CB4 instead of the CB3.

An Arrowhead Pride article worth reading.

The short version of this is that when Peyton Manning targeted players covered by Jamell Fleming, his passer rating was 124.8. When Peyton Manning targeted players covered by Marcus Peters, his passer rating was 24.4. When Peyton Manning targeted players covered by anyone but Jamell Fleming, his passer rating was 71.5. Almost half of all of Manning's passing yardage for the night came on targets covered by Fleming.

In short, the future for this secondary is bright once Sean Smith comes back and Jamell Fleming is the CB4 instead of the CB3.

All this proves is that we have pathetic coaches. Its not like we dont have an abundance of Dbs. Fleming was running around like a monkey. I have never seen anyone so consistently lost on an NFL playing field. Could have put Parker there and used a different safety. Actually I think you could have played with one less guy and done better. No excuse for that.

God I love Marcus Peters.  2nd NFL game going up against one of the Nastiest WR corps in the league and he balled all night.  And when he did allow the receiver to catch the ball, he didn't allow any yards after reception. 

I've never seen a 1st round Chiefs draft pick have an immediate impact on the team like he has.  And he's only gonna get better...

i really don't like to use passer rating against to judge a cornerback. 

I don't like to either, but the eye test clearly wasn't enough for some fans. They completely missed that almost every clutch play made by Manning went against #30.

I would be interested in knowing what you do prefer to use to provide a numeric frame of reference for cornerback performance. Whatever it is, it should be taken from a completely transparent algorithm not subject to coloring by the bias of the algorithm's creator, which in turn pretty much rules out anything except Passer Rating.

I don't like to either, but the eye test clearly wasn't enough for some fans. They completely missed that almost every clutch play made by Manning went against #30.

I would be interested in knowing what you do prefer to use to provide a numeric frame of reference for cornerback performance. Whatever it is, it should be taken from a completely transparent algorithm not subject to coloring by the bias of the algorithm's creator, which in turn pretty much rules out anything except Passer Rating.

That gave me a headache 

Archived