Thoughts on O-Line

So I wanted to get some thoughts on this...but here's my opinion...

I thought the Chiefs O-Line held up pretty well all things considered.  Yes, during a good portion of the 2nd quarter, they were thrown around.  Other than that though, I thought they did a pretty respectable job, especially considering they were going up against what many people consider the best Front Seven in the league. 

They aren't going to face Denver D every week.  Most of the remaining games they will literally get half the heat coming at them than they did last night.  Yes, its easy to say the O-Line did poor, but in reality, what O-line ISN'T going to do poor against the Broncos? 

While there of course is room for improvement, I do believe this year's O-Line is still average to slightly above average.  We've just seen nothing but Nasty D-Linemen in our 1st two weeks. 

Thoughts?

So I wanted to get some thoughts on this...but here's my opinion...

I thought the Chiefs O-Line held up pretty well all things considered.  Yes, during a good portion of the 2nd quarter, they were thrown around.  Other than that though, I thought they did a pretty respectable job, especially considering they were going up against what many people consider the best Front Seven in the league. 

They aren't going to face Denver D every week.  Most of the remaining games they will literally get half the heat coming at them than they did last night.  Yes, its easy to say the O-Line did poor, but in reality, what O-line ISN'T going to do poor against the Broncos? 

While there of course is room for improvement, I do believe this year's O-Line is still average to slightly above average.  We've just seen nothing but Nasty D-Linemen in our 1st two weeks. 

Thoughts?

Yes I agree.

Wont matter with Dumb and Dumber in charge. That was maybe the most pathetic coaching I have witnessed.

They looked pretty bad to me.  JC was having to make 3 guys missed to gain 2 yards, but it was a very good D.  I think we can evaluate them better over the next month.

A plus is that they should gel together as we go.  This could be a decent line in a few months.

It's time to move on from Fisher.

Stephenson dislocated his ankle and came back into the game. Fisher is still riding the bench with a sprain.

Fisher's ankle is doing well. He came on for a snap or two when Stephenson got hurt and was warming up and jumping on that ankle just fine. He should be ready to go next game. If he doesn't start, then we have a major issue with this kid. He's better than Reid, and they need him for GB. He's been given enough time for that ankle to fully heal. It's time to get back out there

It's time to move on from Fisher.

Stephenson dislocated his ankle and came back into the game. Fisher is still riding the bench with a sprain.

No No No on moving on. How well did you watch LDT perform? Fisher is a bona fide tackle on team hurting for linemen. The offensive line wasbpretty much as we thought it would bem. Denver defense is very good.

No one is comparing Stephenson to Fisher. They are comparing Fisher to Reid. Reid was awful.

I am.  I want to see an Offensive Lineman be willing to do whatever it takes to play.

Stephenson has had his ankle and finger put back in place, taped up and went back in.  Fisher has been out for over a month with a sprain and elected to be taken out.

Almost makes me think he's throwing a fit because he got "promoted" to RT.

No one is comparing Stephenson to Fisher. They are comparing Fisher to Reid. Reid was awful.

I am.  I want to see an Offensive Lineman be willing to do whatever it takes to play.

Stephenson has had his ankle and finger put back in place, taped up and went back in.  Fisher has been out for over a month with a sprain and elected to be taken out.

Almost makes me think he's throwing a fit because he got "promoted" to RT.

Your first mistake is to consider two completely different injuries similar. Your second mistake is to ignore the prognosis for the more severe of the two injuries, the high ankle sprain. Perhaps you don't know what it is; most people not involved in athletics never get such an injury. It can take days to a couple weeks for a common ankle sprain to heal almost completely. High ankle sprains involve significant damage to the lower leg, and can take several months to heal properly. Fisher sustained his injury just over a month ago. I'm not surprised that he wasn't ready, and really wasn't expecting him before week four. He's a player that's seldom been able to play his position at 100% health, and it makes little sense to jeopardize his long-term health for the sake of coming back a couple of games early.

There's nothing more than circumstantial evidence to support this notion that Eric Fisher has been dodging having to play games against elite teams. If anything, he would have been playing at less than 100% (and many here haven't been satisfied with his 100% best), and he would have been at increased risk of aggravating the sprain or even breaking his leg. Anyone making a big deal about Eric Fisher's non-readiness is unacquainted with the impact of a high ankle sprain. I wouldn't wish that injury on anyone.

Once again, he was warming up and putting all his weight on his ankles as if one of them wasn't injured at all. The ankle is plenty healed. Enough of this Reid experiment - he's not the future RT. 

They need him. He's got the talent; it's his time to execute coming into his 3rd crucial year. The injury was of only misfortune. 

Oh lawd this argument again. Not a big enough roll eyes emoticon. I don't think there's a bigger homer than phata.

You are the last person here with whom I have any concern about reaching a common understanding. Most of my direct responses to you are not for your sake, but for the sake of anyone who is curious as to the most effective approach to rebuttal in a given situation. You clearly believe you know everything, so I certainly won't be changing your opinion.

Your expression of contempt here says everything everyone needs to know about you.

Oh lawd this argument again. Not a big enough roll eyes emoticon. I don't think there's a bigger homer than phata.

Sprains hurt yes, jesus fuck we all know this already. You're gonna feel hurt all year, still need to perform.

The pile of excuses for him is a tidal wave anymore.

Once again I have to reiterate......when did you get your license to practice medicine. All you know is what you read in the paper. Who do we replace Fisher with? Use your head.

Fisher can play a couple of snaps per game but not start?

It tells me he's in the doghouse more than anything or he flat out sucks and Reid thinks jah-rule is better.

I think fisher is a underperforming piece of glass.

I've heard Bil and others say he was coming into his own.. What the hell did you guys watch? This guy had a terrible year one. A below average year last year and then gets moved back to a posistion he sucked at!!! Wake up.

He is never going to be anything more than a backup utility guy.

I don't know who is right, but I do think Stephenson and Fisher are the 2 best OTs we have. Is he hurt or in the dog house or a candy ass. Not sure, but I will say that Stephenson rode the bench while Smith and Charles got pummeled all year long.

Was Ryan Harris one of the 2 best OTs on the team? Definitely not, but maybe like Jah Rul he tried harder. Maybe Stephenson sleep walked through practice or didn't listen to his position coach or parked in Andy's spot. I don't know, but I do believe the dog house is a real place.

I don't know who is right, but I do think Stephenson and Fisher are the 2 best OTs we have. Is he hurt or in the dog house or a candy ass. Not sure, but I will say that Stephenson rode the bench while Smith and Charles got pummeled all year long.

Was Ryan Harris one of the 2 best OTs on the team? Definitely not, but maybe like Jah Rul he tried harder. Maybe Stephenson sleep walked through practice or didn't listen to his position coach or parked in Andy's spot. I don't know, but I do believe the dog house is a real place.

I know this, fisher is probably better than jah rule, but he isn't playing and there's more to it than we know. Fisher is soft IMO. Fact- he was terrible at right tackle. I'd rather see him go back to left tackle before anything else.

IMO, fisher will not be with this team after his contract is up.

Fisher can play a couple of snaps per game but not start?

Fisher only played a couple of snaps in relief for a player whose health at that moment was worse than his. Jeff Allen couldn't have come in, and apparently Zach Fulton at 100% at the tackle position < Eric Fisher at [X]%. It's not complicated. Once the team taped up Stephenson, Fisher came off of the field. The risk of reaggravating a high-ankle sprain increases with every snap Fisher takes in that situation.

Even if the ultimate goal for the Chiefs is to unload Fisher in exchange for late draft picks, the pick value will be higher if the questions surrounding the player are limited to his potential and his toughness, and not to whether he was run into the ground on top of that.

Guest Okiechief1

When the HC won't commit to giving Fisher his job back when healed especially given how Jah has played then their is more to this than we know. It isn't all about his injury.

Archived