Thoughts on O-Line

When the HC won't commit to giving Fisher his job back when healed especially given how Jah has played then their is more to this than we know. It isn't all about his injury.

Why can't this just be a matter of leaving any position open to competition?

I'll agree that Eric Fisher has under-performed, and hasn't locked down either tackle position irrevocably. Nevertheless, if Andy Reid wants Jah Reid to be motivated to take the right tackle position for himself, who does that hurt? But saying that Jah Reid goes back to the bench no matter how well he performs makes no sense. It's not good for Reid, for Fisher, or for anyone else on the team.

In other words, Eric Fisher isn't so good that he couldn't be supplanted, and not so bad that he's already on his way out of Kansas City.

Guest Okiechief1

Why can't this just be a matter of leaving any position open to competition?

I'll agree that Eric Fisher has under-performed, and hasn't locked down either tackle position irrevocably. Nevertheless, if Andy Reid wants Jah Reid to be motivated to take the right tackle position for himself, who does that hurt? But saying that Jah Reid goes back to the bench no matter how well he performs makes no sense. It's not good for Reid, for Fisher, or for anyone else on the team.

In other words, Eric Fisher isn't so good that he couldn't be supplanted, and not so bad that he's already on his way out of Kansas City.

Which is why I said their is more to it than just the injury they are making Fisher do something that they have never done and probably hasn't had to since his soph year of college, compete for the job

I don't think they are trying to motivate Reid but rather Fisher. Reid probably doesn't have to the physical tools to play much better where as Fisher does and they know it and want him to finally show it.

Haley did the same thing to Bowe and even DJ and it worked.

You make a whole lot more money playing LT than you do playing RT. That is what is at issue here. Stephenson developed an attitude last year. Sure, he got caught taking PEDs. That did not keep him on the bench all season long. His attitude before all this went down was he was the better LT, and should get his shot. The fact Fisher was getting so many chances at LT pissed him off, and perhaps he had a cause to be mad. He expressed his anger on Twitter, and among friends. He was a regular punk, and Reid put him in the doghouse, because he could not keep it together. Part of that is understandable, and part of that is immaturity. This year, Stephenson showed he was better than Fisher. 

Fisher has played. He played last week on special teams, and he played this week when Stephenson got injured. Instead of icing up, and calling it a day, Stephenson got his ankle put back in place, and played. He did one heck of a job, despite his injury. If Fisher can play on special teams, there is nothing that serious with his ankle. If he can come in, and take over at LT for Stephenson, he is not that unhealthy. A high sprain is nothing to be trifled with, but I don't need to be a medical doctor to see that Fisher went in, and played when he got the chance. 

I think there is a bit more than an ankle that is stopping Fisher from becoming the player we hoped he would become. It probably comes down to the  6 to 8 inches between his ears. 

You make a whole lot more money playing LT than you do playing RT. That is what is at issue here. Stephenson developed an attitude last year. Sure, he got caught taking PEDs. That did not keep him on the bench all season long. His attitude before all this went down was he was the better LT, and should get his shot. The fact Fisher was getting so many chances at LT pissed him off, and perhaps he had a cause to be mad. He expressed his anger on Twitter, and among friends. He was a regular punk, and Reid put him in the doghouse, because he could not keep it together. Part of that is understandable, and part of that is immaturity. This year, Stephenson showed he was better than Fisher.

Fisher has played. He played last week on special teams, and he played this week when Stephenson got injured. Instead of icing up, and calling it a day, Stephenson got his ankle put back in place, and played. He did one heck of a job, despite his injury. If Fisher can play on special teams, there is nothing that serious with his ankle. If he can come in, and take over at LT for Stephenson, he is not that unhealthy. A high sprain is nothing to be trifled with, but I don't need to be a medical doctor to see that Fisher went in, and played when he got the chance.

I think there is a bit more than an ankle that is stopping Fisher from becoming the player we hoped he would become. It probably comes down to the 6 to 8 inches between his ears.

Yep

concerning offensive lines..

did anyone see Andrew luck last night?..he was terrible!!...awful!..

and he is already being crowned hall of fame future great QB etc..yet he has for 2 straight weeks played worse than our own alex smith.

that is what a bad offensive line will do to not only the quarterback but the offense as a whole..

andy better get this thing fixed..and now.

concerning offensive lines..

did anyone see Andrew luck last night?..he was terrible!!...awful!..

and he is already being crowned hall of fame future great QB etc..yet he has for 2 straight weeks played worse than our own alex smith.

that is what a bad offensive line will do to not only the quarterback but the offense as a whole..

andy better get this thing fixed..and now.

I don't care how good your line is if you fumble the ball away 3 times and throw 2 ints you tend to lose especially when 2 of those turnovers are in the redzone and 2 others are deep in your territory.

Some will say that could be a result odlf a poor line others would say that is bad ball security. I will let Smith sl8de on the hit arm but most of the others was just bad ball security not bad oline play.

Oh forgot bad decisions on the coach was not due to the oline play either.

Archived