Jamaal Charles

I love JC as much as the rest of Chiefs Kingdom, but he gets no free pass from me like I've seen from many of your posts.

This wasn't a bad game. This was fucking up as much, and arguably more than anyone on the o-line, Fleming, Smith, and DAT.

His fumbles cost at least 10 pts and ultimately, the game.

Everybody fucks up from time to time, but fumbling deep in the red zone and again on what would have been the last play of the game deep in your own end is completely unacceptable and he needs to wear the albatross around his neck. He let the team down more than anyone.

Hold on to the fuckin' rock and we're 2-0 despite all the other mishaps.

You have to hold the ball with two hands in that situation....Jamal said it himself and he took full responsibility in the post game interviews.

IMO Jamal Charles is just a fantastic player and a great person.  He holds himself to the highest standards.

This was very unfortunate and I hope ALL of the Chiefs understand the importance of BALL SECURITY.

Kelce hurt us last year in a couple of key situations....

That's it..time to move on

w

You have to hold the ball with two hands in that situation....Jamal said it himself and he took full responsibility in the post game interviews.

IMO Jamal Charles is just a fantastic player and a great person.  He holds himself to the highest standards.

This was very unfortunate and I hope ALL of the Chiefs understand the importance of BALL SECURITY.

Kelce hurt us last year in a couple of key situations....

That's it..time to move on

w

I agree West. The ball was so far away from his body.

Not giving Jamaal Charles a pass means not doing the following:

Step One: "Bad Charles!"

Step Two: "If Smith had played better, the Chiefs would have won anyway."

Not giving Jamaal Charles a pass means you blame Charles for the loss, and you accept that, and you don't turn the discussion of this week two game into a gripefest about the quarterback. If Charles does not lose either fumble, the Chiefs likely win that game. There is your solution. Move on.

It's a mental thing for Charles. He breaks down as the game/season wears on. He got beat up last night.

Kniles, needs to carry more of the load and why not C West as well?

It's just week two. I know you know that, but... broken down? He never looked broken down at all. He just didn't concentrate on the only thing more important than finding the running lane. He committed the Cardinal Sin of Runningbacks -- twice! Broken down runningbacks can at least hold on to the ball when they get stuffed at the line.

Jamaal took responsibility for the loss. He put the blame on himself. Now, we can get down on the man if you like. He did carry the ball loose. The other team mentioned they were gunning for it because they saw he wasn't protecting it. I choose to give him a pass. He was contrite, almost broken.

Ill say this, without Jamaal Charles this team would have been crap, and not worth watching.

I'll have Jamaal's back.

Jamaal took responsibility for the loss. He put the blame on himself. Now, we can get down on the man if you like. He did carry the ball loose. The other team mentioned they were gunning for it because they saw he wasn't protecting it. I choose to give him a pass. He was contrite, almost broken.

Ill say this, without Jamaal Charles this team would have been crap, and not worth watching.

I'll have Jamaal's back.

It's just week two. I know you know that, but... broken down? He never looked broken down at all. He just didn't concentrate on the only thing more important than finding the running lane. He committed the Cardinal Sin of Runningbacks -- twice! Broken down runningbacks can at least hold on to the ball when they get stuffed at the line.

Basically, he carries too much of the load. Fatigue does set in. These players are human Phata.

Basically, he carries too much of the load. Fatigue does set in. These players are human Phata.

He's got 46 touches over five days after 8 touches during the entire preseason. Yes, Charles is human, but there are plenty of runningbacks that can go 46 touches over that span of time and not put the ball on the ground once, let alone twice. If you're speaking of mental fatigue, that still might be a bit much, but generally ball handling is a matter of mental focus, not physical fatigue.

It's a lot easier to just hold onto a ball you are already carrying than it is to throw a ball through secondaries while the pocket is crumbling around you. To ask Charles to hold onto the ball, and then to hold him accountable if he doesn't, really doesn't involve setting an unreasonably high bar.

I don't think I am ready to bench him. He has struggled with fumbles from time to time, but he has also struggled with running so fast his shoes catch on fire.

Fumbles are his weakness. Even in inside the tackles he gets loose with the ball sometimes.

And despite my harshness about him and his two fumbles, I'm not about to recommend benching him. He's far and away a better, more versatile player than Knile Davis. My argument was limited within the scope of allocating blame for a loss.

And despite my harshness about him and his two fumbles, I'm not about to recommend benching him. He's far and away a better, more versatile player than Knile Davis. My argument was limited within the scope of allocating blame for a loss.

Um, Charles is the best RB IN THE GAME...

Um, Charles is the best RB IN THE GAME...

The game seems to be evolving. It's almost better to have 3 decent RB's then one superstar HB. A nice passing game can topple a solid running attack especially in the regular season. You need big plays down the field and turnovers. That's what this league is about now.

The game seems to be evolving. It's almost better to have 3 decent RB's then one superstar HB. A nice passing game can topple a solid running attack especially in the regular season. You need big plays down the field and turnovers. That's what this league is about now.

Charles has the speed and shiftniness to go to the house at anytime. You need a qb to do what you speak of. Ours can't or doesn't seem to want to.

I've never in my life seen a game that a team that practically tried to lose, and then seen practically everything wrong about the game wrapped up in a bundle and placed on the shoulders of a quarterback that was one of the shining spots in the game.

Some of you are not looking at the big picture. You see a 0 touchdowns, 2 interceptions stat line from the quarterback, and you can't get past it. The clutch throws downfield mean nothing. The broken plays Smith did his best to salvage mean nothing. Smith getting hammered in the pocket on plays that had been blown dead seconds before means nothing. Smith making enough plays through the air so that the Broncos' defense couldn't clamp down on the run as they had against the Ravens (less than 3.2 yards per rush, no touchdowns, and a 26.1% first-down conversion rate on rushes) means nothing. Basically, the comprehensive assessment provided by some of you boils down to, 'Smith threw 2 interceptions, no touchdowns, and therefore he is garbage'.

Out of touch.

I've never in my life seen a game that a team that practically tried to lose, and then seen practically everything wrong about the game wrapped up in a bundle and placed on the shoulders of a quarterback that was one of the shining spots in the game.

Some of you are not looking at the big picture. You see a 0 touchdowns, 2 interceptions stat line from the quarterback, and you can't get past it. The clutch throws downfield mean nothing. The broken plays Smith did his best to salvage mean nothing. Smith getting hammered in the pocket on plays that had been blown dead seconds before means nothing. Smith making enough plays through the air so that the Broncos' defense couldn't clamp down on the run as they had against the Ravens (less than 3.2 yards per rush, no touchdowns, and a 26.1% first-down conversion rate on rushes) means nothing. Basically, the comprehensive assessment provided by some of you boils down to, 'Smith threw 2 interceptions, no touchdowns, and therefore he is garbage'.

Out of touch.

I think you need to include here the third-down summary as you did in the other thread. People see 0-7 and I think that's a quarterback issue as opposed to a teams issue. Some or most of those third downs are created by penalties or poor first and second downs. Why is that a third-down problem? The whole offense, team, TO's, and coaching we're an issue. Then, our great defense, was hurt by a bad Flemming.

Archived