Chase Daniel

You're joking right West? You guys wouldn't get anywhere near that compensation for a career backup.... Come on dude...

Supply and demand always dictates the price for players. We have a QB who for at least a short period of time can fill in for Romo so who knows. Besides he is one of if not the best backups in the NFL.

Supply and demand always dictates the price for players. We have a QB who for at least a short period of time can fill in for Romo so who knows. Besides he is one of if not the best backups in the NFL.

Dude, for all anyone knows and even likely, Brandon Weeden (a guy who is already on their roster) is better than Daniel. 

That's true.  Like West, I am certain we will need him this season at some point, in order to preserve a title run.  But, damn!  He is going to get a fat contract for another team after this year.  If we lose him that way, we will get nothing for it.  I would like to see any offer before indulging in any agonizing over it.  I hope that no such offer happens.

Chase is better in this offense than he would be in a number of other offenses. I don't see him having the success in an offense such as Dallas. That is why they went for Cassel. Weeden is their #2 guy, and they got Cassel to be the back up.

Daniel reminds me of a point guard playing QB, He distributes the ball very well. That is what KC's offense calls for. I have to tell you, I don't know if Chase is going anywhere next year. He may be back in KC. If he does go, it could be to a team like New Orleans. He played backup to Drew Brees there, and is of similar style. Drew is out with a shoulder injury, and is 36 years old. They have Garrett Grayson and Luke McCown backing him up. Brees has one more season on his contract.

The last career backup we let go. Get your Daniel jersy now.

AFC Champion (2002)

4× Pro Bowl (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002)

2× AP First-Team All-Pro (2000, 2002)

3× SN First-Team All-AFC (2000, 2001, 2002)

2000 NFL MVP (MX)

2002 NFL MVP (AP, PFWA, NEA, SN, MX)

2× AFC Offensive Player of the Year (2000, 2002)

NFL Passing Yards Leader (2002)

2× Bert Bell Award (2000, 2002)

3× AFC Player of the Year (2000, 2001, 2002)

2× Pro Bowl MVP (2000, 2001)

2× NFL Alumni Quarterback of the Year (2000, 2002)

The last career backup we let go. Get your Daniel jersy now.

AFC Champion (2002)

4× Pro Bowl (1999, 2000, 2001, 2002)

2× AP First-Team All-Pro (2000, 2002)

3× SN First-Team All-AFC (2000, 2001, 2002)

2000 NFL MVP (MX)

2002 NFL MVP (AP, PFWA, NEA, SN, MX)

2× AFC Offensive Player of the Year (2000, 2002)

NFL Passing Yards Leader (2002)

2× Bert Bell Award (2000, 2002)

3× AFC Player of the Year (2000, 2001, 2002)

2× Pro Bowl MVP (2000, 2001)

2× NFL Alumni Quarterback of the Year (2000, 2002)

I trust Reid and Dorsey to know what they have more than what we had then.

It gets back to Alex, his skills, in many ways. I personally believe Aaron Murray has skills equal to the guys ahead of him..maybe better! I also concur that the coaching staff, short of being inept, know or SHOULD know who is who on the pecking order.

Then there's "KNOWING WHAT I KNOW" and that mindset. My point? Upgrading comes with risk. Standing firm with the status quo does as well. It's what coaches continually wrestle with in their heads and..dreams.

I have liked what I have seen in Murray.  I am not ready to say either can for sure lead a team for a 16 game run at the playoffs, but you can't ask anymore than what they have done.

What I worry about is all the backups that look amazing until they get their chance to be a starter.  I think Chase will be a good one, but it is a 50-50 shot with his limited starts for a resume.  I think Murray may also, but I have to put it at a max of 25% chance since he has never played a game in the NFL.

I have liked what I have seen in Murray. I am not ready to say either can for sure lead a team for a 16 game run at the playoffs, but you can't ask anymore than what they have done.

What I worry about is all the backups that look amazing until they get their chance to be a starter. I think Chase will be a good one, but it is a 50-50 shot with his limited starts for a resume. I think Murray may also, but I have to put it at a max of 25% chance since he has never played a game in the NFL.

I would rather go to Murray than Daniel. I feel other teams didn't see Daniel as a starter enough to trade for him; it was obvious in New Orleans because Brees is a good quarterback. Here, we had just traded for the quarterback and then extended him. I feel that we can't say anyone feels that Murray is a back up forever until the situation plays itself out. So I see it as a strike against Daniel but not Murray. It's just unknown.

Many in here are assuming that there have never been inquiries into trading for Booger.

I know we have people who believe they have the fingers on the pulse of the organization but I bet we know a lot less about the inner operations of this organization then we think we do.

So how can anyone say with any certainty that teams have tried to trade for him and the organization didn't see the value in the trade.

Many in here are assuming that there have never been inquiries into trading for Booger.

I know we have people who believe they have the fingers on the pulse of the organization but I bet we know a lot less about the inner operations of this organization then we think we do.

So how can anyone say with any certainty that teams have tried to trade for him and the organization didn't see the value in the trade.

If our team didn't think it was big enough, they weren't interested enough. For example, if they offered a first round pick, we would take it probably. If someone thought he would be a starter, then it would likely be pretty high, even if not a first.

Archived