Will Chiefs play Eric Fisher, Jeff Allen or Jah Reid vs. the Green Bay Packers?

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport tweeted this before last Thursday's game between theDenver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs:

I do not believe this to be injury related because Fisher was listed as probable and a full participant in practice. Coaches can say mostly whatever they want without consequence; it's what he does that really matters. Fisher has played in the last two games when Donald Stephenson was nicked up. Fisher has played on special teams. Armed with that information, this sounds like Chiefs coach Andy Reid covering for his guy. Fair enough.

His replacement, Jah Reid, did an admirable job in replacing him in Week 1 against JJ Watt. Jah Reid didn't do as well last Thursday in a difficult assignment against Von Miller. I asked Jah Reid after the game if he knew what the plan was for next Monday in Green Bay and he didn't. Andy Reid also said the same thing -- "we'll see" how it goes, he said.

What about Jeff Allen? The Chiefs had been playing him at right tackle but Allen went down with a knee injury early in the first preseason game. He, too, was a full participant in practice and listed as probable. That tells us he should have been healthy enough to play. If he wasn't then either I don't understand the injury report or Andy Reid doesn't.

Allen and Fisher seem to be healthy enough to play against Green Bay. If so, this is the week to make a decision because of the extra time they had from last Thursday's game. It would be best for the team if their No. 1 pick was able to beat out the guy signed off the street the week before the season but ultimately the Chiefs have to play the best player they have. That could be Fisher. It could be Allen. Or it could be Jah Reid. This is the week a decision comes.

The key will be monitoring the practice reps. Whoever is getting the most first team reps is the most likely to play.

They should settle on a line and just stick with it. I do question Fishers desire and talent at this point. The guy was number one overall and has been demoted to RT. it feels like he is being coddled by the coaching staff. The offensive line is still the biggest problem the Chiefs have and its week three. Damn.

Don't care much for these insiders, like politicians they have their agenda, mostly they want to sale their story/beliefs.

A player who is 100% will play if they are good enough. A player who is hurt will play sparingly. So Fisher playing on special teams and spotting when needed does not mean he isn't hurt nor does it mean he is not good enough.

I really wish the talking heads and some in here would take this at face value. The coaches say he isn't ready so be it. Until the coaching staff says he is demoted to backup status I will continue to take their word he is still hurt.

Guest 303Chiefs

I think that is a good thing. He is better than Jah Rul. Better than Allen. He just has to stop being so damn timid. Grow a pair and take it to 'em. There's no crying in football!

looks like Tarzan plays like Jane

Archived