ESPN's Mel Kiper: Chiefs have two of the top three rookies in the NFL

Who the hell is this Mel Kiper?? :D

The early returns on the Kansas City Chiefs 2015 draft class are ... very good. Chiefs CB Marcus Peters and C Mitch Morse in particular have played better than I think many of us expected. Even though they were high picks, they're playing better than many analysts had ranked them.

As evidence of this, ESPN's Mel Kiper recently ranked the top 20 rookies in the NFL. The Chiefs had two players on that list: Marcus Peters, who was ranked NUMBER ONE, and Mitch Morse, who was ranked NUMBER THREE.

Pretty good, eh?

Kiper on Marcus Peters: "Heading into the draft, I wrote "On tape alone, he has an argument as the top cornerback in the class." Peters looks like it so far. He has an interception in each of his first two games, including a pick-six against Peyton Manningin Week 2. So far, so good."

Kiper on Mitch Morse: "I knew the Chiefs were interested in Morse going into the draft, but I can tell you they had him rated a lot higher than I did. This is a case of them seeing a perfect fit, and Morse has looked the part of a veteran through two games."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2015/9/24/9391671/espns-mel-kiper-kansas-city-chiefs-rookies

I can't say I didn't like the pick, but I knew nothing about him, so it left me scratching my head. He came in, took a job and commenced to kicking Vince Wilfork's ass in his first freakin' game.

He's a fuckin' stud.

Kudos to the scouts and Dorsey.

Peters has really impressed me. The first pick he got was the result of Justin Houston's pressure, followed by a bad throw. I thought Manning was going to take advantage of him, but that didn't happen. If fact, it almost seems like Manning went away from him if he could, and just kept picking on poor Fleming. 

I don't know much about Morse, but I do know I haven't heard his name called much, if at all. There also hasn't been a lot of pressure up the middle, even from Denver's strong defense. It all seems to come from the sides. I'm happy with him also.

I can't say I didn't like the pick, but I knew nothing about him, so it left me scratching my head. He came in, took a job and commenced to kicking Vince Wilfork's ass in his first freakin' game.

He's a fuckin' stud.

Kudos to the scouts and Dorsey.

Yep & I live 30 miles from MIZZOU..good job of scouting right there

Should be some nut slapping here then.

But we're not analysts, so it should only be slipping the behind or something. Save the nut-slapping for those who make money for their BS. I never offered my opinion regarding the draft either way, so I get back no back-patting or nut-slapping.

An observation... no slam on Peters, but Morse is the better rookie at this stage. Peters has been lucky a number of times. He is going to be a very good cb. I like his attitude toward the game. He may be the best rookie cb in the league. Morse is playing better. Its unreal what he has done so far this year. 

Archived