Denver is still the champ

With all due respect, the "better team" does not fumble the ball away and give up a a crucial division game on mistakes.  We are not "the better team" until we are the the better team.  Face it.

Bil I respect you and all your post, you know your shit when it comes to football that is evident but you and wilkie and your "Gloom and Doom" mentality makes me laugh. I watched the same game you did, The so called 2nd tier team had the lead late in the 4th quarter after 4 turnovers. You and wilkie can have all your "Gloom and Doom" pity parties all you want and we have all heard it before, I been watching the Chiefs for 96 years when they had leather helmets yadda yadda yadda! This Chiefs team is a great team that will go to Denver and beat the Broncos and will finish first in the AFC West. Call me a kool-aid drinker, say I wear rose colored glasses or what ever you want but I tell you! "The Chiefs was the better team last Thursday night even if they didn't win and you say they wasn't!"

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bil I respect you and all your post, you know your shit when it comes to football that is evident but you and wilkie and your "Gloom and Doom" mentality makes me laugh. I watched the same game you did, The so called 2nd tier team had the lead late in the 4th quarter after 4 turnovers. You and wilkie can have all your "Gloom and Doom" pity parties all you want and we have all heard it before, I been watching the Chiefs for 96 years when they had leather helmets yadda yadda yadda! This Chiefs team is a great team that will go to Denver and beat the Broncos and will finish first in the AFC West. Call me a kool-aid drinker, say I wear rose colored glasses or what ever you want but I tell you! "The Chiefs was the better team last Thursday night even if they didn't win and you say they wasn't!"

Doesn't matter if you are the better team if you don't win the ballgame. Until we beat Denver this saga about how great we are is hot air. Thats a fact and not gloom and doom.

Doesn't matter if you are the better team if you don't win the ballgame. Until we beat Denver this saga about how great we are is hot air. Thats a fact and not gloom and doom.

So wilkie are you admitting you think the Chiefs are the better team that lost? With all due respect you do post a lot of "Gloom and Doom"

So wilkie are you admitting you think the Chiefs are the better team that lost? With all due respect you do post a lot of "Gloom and Doom"

I think Wilkie just tells it like it is.

Until the Chiefs start "consistently" beating good teams, I think we all need to be skeptical. We're all homers in a sense, but fact is fact. They need to win in order to get respect. Plain and simple.

I think Wilkie just tells it like it is.

Until the Chiefs start "consistently" beating good teams, I think we all need to be skeptical. We're all homers in a sense, but fact is fact. They need to win in order to get respect. Plain and simple.

I humbly disagree! Wilkie tells it like it is because it's easier to predict a lose and say oh I'm glad I was wrong "great win Chiefs!" Yes I am a homer but this year this team can back the shit up. The whole country will see tonight. The Kansas City Chiefs are for real.

I humbly disagree! Wilkie tells it like it is because it's easier to predict a lose and say oh I'm glad I was wrong "great win Chiefs!" Yes I am a homer but this year this team can back the shit up. The whole country will see tonight. The Kansas City Chiefs are for real.

I hope you're right, App.

I thought I was the only one who thought the Chiefs will win tonight.

I think the chiefs are the better team, again. But IMO, this game will depend on how good Reid and Sutton are tonight.

I am saying that statistical dominance (The better team on paper) does not win football games. I will be rooting for KC like always but being a lawyer taught me to remove my personal feelings from what is fact. Facts win football games not coulda shoulda. Nevertheless I still say. GO CHIEFS.

I agree with Wilkie also. I'm probably one of the biggest homers on this board but, I don't let Football losses bother me as much as I used to, and I'm facing facts.  I think the Chiefs are an improved team from last year. When I watched the Bronco game at the beginning, it was really looking like they had took the next step.

When Manning went back in the shotgun, and looked like the old Manning, I started having doubts. They have to be able to stop that, I don't care if it was Manning. The Broncos stopped the Chiefs. The Chiefs have to win tonight. These are the type of games they they have to win. If they win tonight, I will feel a lot better about them having a chance at Denver later.

Like I said before, I believe the Chiefs are a improved team, I'm just not sure how improved. Andy Reid is a good coach, but I don't understand what he's thinking sometime. I don't like when he get's fancy when the Chiefs are winning the game conventionally. Sure, if it works, I'd be happy like any other fan, but I wish he wouldn't do that. Those type of plays IMO are for bad teams, or when nothing else is working. The Chiefs were moving the ball against the Broncos, they got stopped at times, but were still moving the ball.

I hate the Broncos as much as anybody else, but Wilkie is correct, they are still the champs. The Lions played hard, but the Broncos still beat them soundly in their house. 

I agree with Wilkie also. I'm probably one of the biggest homers on this board but, I don't let Football losses bother me as much as I used to, and I'm facing facts.  I think the Chiefs are an improved team from last year. When I watched the Bronco game at the beginning, it was really looking like they had took the next step.

When Manning went back in the shotgun, and looked like the old Manning, I started having doubts. They have to be able to stop that, I don't care if it was Manning. The Broncos stopped the Chiefs. The Chiefs have to win tonight. These are the type of games they they have to win. If they win tonight, I will feel a lot better about them having a chance at Denver later.

Like I said before, I believe the Chiefs are a improved team, I'm just not sure how improved. Andy Reid is a good coach, but I don't understand what he's thinking sometime. I don't like when he get's fancy when the Chiefs are winning the game conventionally. Sure, if it works, I'd be happy like any other fan, but I wish he wouldn't do that. Those type of plays IMO are for bad teams, or when nothing else is working. The Chiefs were moving the ball against the Broncos, they got stopped at times, but were still moving the ball.

I hate the Broncos as much as anybody else, but Wilkie is correct, they are still the champs. The Lions played hard, but the Broncos still beat them soundly in their house. 

Broncos are not the Champs the Patriots are.

A few years back Oakland swept the AFC West but didn't win the west, how you ask. Because they were beaten by everyone else. The Chiefs can still win the west with or without beating Denver.

Statistically true. If Oak and SD beat them and we beat both of them. But like Bil said...in the AFC West Denver is the team to beat until they aren't.

Broncos are not the Champs the Patriots are.

I assume Wilkie meant champs of the division, I know that's what I meant.  I remember you from the old forum. You always remain positive, and I have no problem with that at all.  No one hear is wanting the Chiefs to lose, they just view the team differently than you do. 

Going back to 1960

Division Championships

Raiders 16

Chargers 15

Broncos 13

Chiefs 7

Seahawks 2

One thing about the Raiders that has always impressed me is how much they've won. I've been watching the Chiefs for about 21 years and with the exception of the Gannon/Gruden years the Raiders have sucked, yet they still have more division wins, super bowl wins, and playoff victories than everyone in the division.  They really kicked a$$ in the 70's and early 80's.  That's the type of run I want the Chiefs to go on.

Gloom and doom??  I'm the biggest homer there is.  Have you read any of my posts for the last two years?

Statistically true. If Oak and SD beat them and we beat both of them. But like Bil said...in the AFC West Denver is the team to beat until they aren't.

Wilkie, they just are not appreciating your football acumen.  You are not getting the respect you deserve.  You have my respect sir, you have left more football awareness floating in the toilet this week than some of these punks will accumulate over their lifetimes.

Archived