The Dorsey Sucks Thread

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Smith was the best available guy to bring any credibility whatsoever to that position.  Who else was available after that miserable season who could run Reid's system. NOBODY.  I wouldn't put Smith's limitations on Dorsey. He was the best QB available. Chiefs also caught in a cap crunch with the O-line and had to start from scratch.  You can put that on the prior regime.  Dorsey is Liquid's fall guy. I do not buy it.  Not one bit.

Here we have one miserable road game against a probable Super Bowl contender, and everyone is ready to pack it in and go home. What a bunch of whiners looking for scapegoats. Woe is us!  Pull our hair out.  Kick and scream. This team is young, talented, and learning the hard way.  Sean Smith will be back, and we will kick the crap out of some teams and everyone here will be having a circle jerk. And they call ME a pessimist.  What a laugh.

TBO (to be honest), I was disgusted and turned it off after the interception. But now I can put it in perspective. It could be worse, guys.  We could be San Diego fans.

Dorsey is a good mind that has made some errors. Unfortunately those errors have been huge blunders...oline and Smith.

I was a big Dorsey fan but I'm starting to have my doubts. Although this draft appears to be decent, his last 2 #1s have contributed very little. That's very destructive when you are trying to build through the draft. And we have ranted how well he's built depth, well a starting CB is suspended and the entire defense seemed to collapse. If Fleming is was considered the best option, what does that say about the depth? Cooper looked as lost tonight. If this O-line is considered so atrocious by some, how bad are their back ups? Maclin had a decent game tonight. Did the other WRs make the trip? And I think you all know how I feel about Smith

Never said Dorsey was the fall guy; you're putting words into my mouth.

I didn't say bringing in Alex was awful all along. Bringing him in as a temp solution to buy yourself a little time is perfectly fine.

The problem is they spent way too much to obtain him and retain him.

Spending nearly a 1st round choice and a 2nd rounder for Alex Smith is what you would call a fleecing. San Francisco wanted him gone asap and they should of came out spending a pick. They also gave him too much with the extension and his play is far from a good return on the investment.

When it comes to Smith, the 49ers and his agent worked over Reid and Dorsey. The Chiefs are now in QB purgatory and will always win just enough games to miss out on the higher quality QB prospects.

They did this for decades and the results have always been the same, but people try to make logic of it over and over again. I don't get it.

You have to build up your own QB if you want to have a great one and you need to have a great QB if you want to be anything worth a shit in the NFL....unless you're Bruce Arians who is an Offensive wizard. And they were mad when they didn't get Andy.

Teams just don't let great QB's go, unless there's a huge red flag. Nobody knew if Peytons neck would explode before he started in Denver and people wondered if Brees shoulder was trashed before N.O.

Let me repeat it. Teams don't let great QB's walk out their door. The Chiefs are never going to fool anybody and really need to stop trading for starters. It does not work and you can't short cut the process.

Yes the Chiefs can fail if they draft one, but you still gotta try. If the Bengals gave up after Akili Smith, they never land Carson Palmer or Andy Dalton and would still be starting Fitzpatrick probably.

John Dorsey has yet to learn the number one key learning from GB, you have to build from within. The Chiefs have relied a lot from outside.

Moving on.

They manufactured the absolute desire to draft a Left Tackle, gambled with the upside guy and it went bust. Sure the draft up top wasn't great, but when you got the number one overall pick you have to get it right. Failure isn't an option

Eric Fisher is a bust, more than likely.

The Offensive Line going into Year 3 is a bigger disaster now than when Reid and Dorsey came into KC. You can't excuse that.

They've drafted 10 year starters on the line in the past and have let them walk.

Paying Dunta Robinson the amount they did is the most baffling part. Even an armchair GM like me knew he sucked ass in ATL.

They paid the wrong player big money before FA began in 2013.

Dee Ford was another wasted selection. He sucks and they could have finally moved on from stopgap Alex if they made the right decision. Teddy Bridgewater.

I'm not even going to get into letting Houston twist in the wind and having to make him the 2nd richest Defensive Player because he can't anticipate. Or letting the Raiders lure Hudson away.

John Dorsey has made big ass blunders.

He's also made some great moves, like the waiver pickups in 13, Kelce, always churning the bottom of the roster and Marcus Peters.

With his flaws, he's still so far the best GM that KC has had. The bar isn't high though.

I just call it how I see it Bilyous and you can call me a hater if you want. I trashed Pioli hard for Tyson Jackson and at least he had one decent year.

The problem is one of his biggest blunders has been for the most important spot on a football team and one of his other biggest blunders has been the protection for that important piece.

Teams just don't let great QB's go, unless there's a huge red flag. 

You obviously didn't see the 49ers game this week, but you can look at the highlights. The 49ers let the better quarterback go. Your assertion is disproved. There are too many factors that go into player transactions for you to lay down such a silly rule.

I've said all along that Smith needed a functional offensive line. He hasn't had that, and you've as much as admitted that above. If Aaron Rodgers had the Chiefs' offensive line, would Green Bay have called more second-and-long rushing plays?

By the way, the Chiefs get back Sean Smith next week. That should help the Chiefs out a bit.

"If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas" - Dandy Don Merridith 

The Chiefs sucked tonight. They were uninspired, wistless, and lethargic. They are now 1-2. If they play like that again Sunday at Cincinnati, they will be 1-3. Oakland is better than the Chiefs right now, and that makes me very sad. 

Its their issue, not mine. I hope they turn it around. It may take the acquisition of a spare defensive back, a tackle, another tackle, some Geritol for Grubbs, and another Guard. Alex Smith may need an infusion of decisiveness. More than likely, they will get beat by Cincinnati, then go on to get our hopes up by winning a few games, before dashing them again. There is always hope, no matter how dim. Right now I feel pretty dim. 

Good night. 

You obviously didn't see the 49ers game this week, but you can look at the highlights. The 49ers let the better quarterback go. Your assertion is disproved. There are too many factors that go into player transactions for you to lay down such a silly rule.

I've said all along that Smith needed a functional offensive line. He hasn't had that, and you've as much as admitted that above. If Aaron Rodgers had the Chiefs' offensive line, would Green Bay have called more second-and-long rushing plays?

By the way, the Chiefs get back Sean Smith next week. That should help the Chiefs out a bit.

Geep Chryst, a bad Head Coach and 13 players lost in a year. I mean if you're gonna roll out the excuse wagon, do it fairly.

James jones looked pretty good.

Its hard for me to blame Dorsey TOO much....

Pioli and co. really screwed us in terms of available cap space to make moves.  Dorsey had to look at our team 3 years ago and say "well, we can't win with offense, but he defense has some real talent.  I'm going to make this defense elite and make the moves that will hopefully make the offense just good enough to compete."  The fact that not a single OL member is in the same place in the lineup as it was last year tells you that he's trying.  These guys looked great for a game, so its not like they are all bumbling idiots.  Everyone clamors at draft time for that WR....or that QB....or that Corner....well, you can't have those and still get oline help.  This offseason Dorsey drafted our new center, picked up what he was hoping would be our new RG and traded for our new LG.  Hard to say he's not trying.  Also remember the tight cap he was up against when getting these guys.

Smith was the best available guy to bring any credibility whatsoever to that position.  Who else was available after that miserable season who could run Reid's system. NOBODY.  I wouldn't put Smith's limitations on Dorsey. He was the best QB available. Chiefs also caught in a cap crunch with the O-line and had to start from scratch.  You can put that on the prior regime.  Dorsey is Liquid's fall guy. I do not buy it.  Not one bit.

Here we have one miserable road game against a probable Super Bowl contender, and everyone is ready to pack it in and go home. What a bunch of whiners looking for scapegoats. Woe is us!  Pull our hair out.  Kick and scream. This team is young, talented, and learning the hard way.  Sean Smith will be back, and we will kick the crap out of some teams and everyone here will be having a circle jerk. And they call ME a pessimist.  What a laugh.

TBO (to be honest), I was disgusted and turned it off after the interception. But now I can put it in perspective. It could be worse, guys.  We could be San Diego fans.

i watched until Maclin got the TD, guess i was a glutton for punishment

Bil my apologies from earlier posts. Please don't take offense but I had you confused with Oldtimer(Oldtimer no offense towards you either you also was right and I was wrong my friend) you are an optimist Bil and I am too, I think we can win at Cinncy but its not going to be easy. We owe the Bengals for ruining our 9-0 start with Trent Green years ago.

I will lay the Oline squarely on his shoulders.  Three years in, this is unacceptable.  Alex Smith was the best available.  D-Bowe was the best avaiable.  Those were a couple contracts that, for the return, have really hurt us. 

All in all, I give him about a B-.  This a much better talent pool than he started with.

Geep Chryst, a bad Head Coach and 13 players lost in a year. I mean if you're gonna roll out the excuse wagon, do it fairly.

You didn't see me gripe about a defense that gave up 24 points over the Packers' first six possessions. (This past weekend, the 49ers' defense gave up 17 points over the Cardinals' first six possessions, and 31 points throughout the game, including 10 that came on short drives following Kaepernick turnovers.) What does it matter if the 49ers replaced their entire defense and have terrible coaches if the new defense can make stops?

You complained specifically about Smith, and I told you that Smith still isn't getting time in the pocket. If the linemen are persistently being bull-rushed back onto the spot from which Smith is supposed to throw from, what is it you expect from Smith?

By the way, no one in the league has been sacked as many times as Smith has: 14 times over 3 games. The Kansas City line is on pace to give up almost 75 sacks. Worse yet, as a percentage of dropbacks (excluding scrambles), Smith has been sacked on one out of every eight dropbacks (12.5%).

Of the 13 NFL teams with winning records after 3 weeks, only 4 teams have had their quarterback sacked more than once every twenty dropbacks (5.0%), one of those being Peyton Manning, whose defense has allowed an average of fewer than 12 points per win. The defenses of the frequently sacked quarterbacks whose teams have gone 2-1 have allowed an average no higher than 15 points in winning efforts. One of those three quarterbacks, Ben Roethlisberger, will be out for multiple weeks due to a knee injury suffered on a sack.

Please don't go on about the quarterbacking. The quarterbacks of winning teams are getting one of either good protection in the pocket, or a defense that keeps the game within reach. The Chiefs didn't have either one in week three. When Smith helped the Chiefs win in week one in Houston, the defense played very well, and the Chiefs were able to get an early lead despite poor pass protection, minimizing the number of sacks Smith would take. In week two, the defense played very well, but couldn't make what would have been a game-winning defensive stop on the Broncos' final offensive drive (and it is universally accepted that the result would have been different if not for a special teams fumble and two Jamaal Charles fumbles). Last night, you saw what happens when neither the defense nor the offensive line show up for the first half. Quarterbacks never win games by themselves. I've never represented Smith as being able to do so, and I'm not going to let you argue that anyone else can, either.

Go back and research how Andy Reid interchanged O-Line guys in Philly....Green Bay does it as well...

Reid and Dorsey think O-line guys are "plug and play"....They may be, BUT NOT IN YEAR ONE...Lines need cohesion and time to play together.

Oh Yeah, Alex Smith sucked last night.

w

Go back and research how Andy Reid interchanged O-Line guys in Philly....Green Bay does it as well...

Reid and Dorsey think O-line guys are "plug and play"....They may be, BUT NOT IN YEAR ONE...Lines need cohesion and time to play together.

w

When Rodgers gets it off in .39 seconds you can block with 5 WR

Alex is pedestrian. Always has been.

Didn't complete a pass longer than 9 yards in first half.

1-30-1 as Someone said when trailing by 14

Guest Okiechief1

Rogers will buy time with his scrambling ability and will keep his eyes down field when doing so. Packers oline is nothing special maybe not even average but I've seen Rogers helps his line out with his feet or by getting rid of the ball quick.

Guest Okiechief1

w

Patriots have done that this year with their guards. They rotate them in and out with a couple of them being rookies along with a rookie center.

The lazy footwork of Alex Smith was on display juxtaposition to one of the most exemplary artisans of the game. Can somebody fix Alex Smith at this stage? He is smart, athletically gifted, and 31 years old. Instead of being the master of his game, he has become a relic. Sure he completes a high percentage, and his QB rating is high. The problem is he eats the beets on his plate, and leaves the boeuf bourguignon barely touched. 

Alex Smith does not reposition his feet, and therefore does not put himself in position to see the field. He is lazy. He has quick feet. He can run the ball. He doesn't use them in the pocket. A good quarterback is always moving his feet in order to keep his body square. Throwing in proper position is 90 % of accuracy. 

Alex Smith does not have a great offensive line. However, Aaron Rodgers' offensive line is not good either. The difference is Rodgers knows how to escape, and get in position to make the throw. Alex can do this, but at 31, will he? Can you teach an old dog new tricks? The time to fix Alex was when Alex was young, but the 49ers were dysfunctional. Smith was a very young #1 overall pick. Yet Aaron Rodgers is only 6 months older, and sat out much of his early career. Rodgers sat and watched Brett Favre, who succeeded despite his mistakes. It is interesting that Rodgers learned as much what not to do as what to do from Favre. He also received better coaching. Favre once said, "It was not my job to mentor Aaron Rodgers." So, someone else did the mentoring... not Favre. 

The Chiefs have a student of the game on their team who is not nearly as skilled as Alex Smith. He is the backup. He is barely 6 feet tall, and he ran the offense much better than Alex Smith during the preseason. I doubt Andy Reid will replace Alex Smith for Daniel, nor should he. Daniel has become a much better quarterback by learning what to do and what not to do as he sat on the bench. Alex Smith now has a very good quarterback coach, one of the best. The question is will he listen?

The lazy footwork of Alex Smith was on display juxtaposition to one of the most exemplary artisans of the game. Can somebody fix Alex Smith at this stage? He is smart, athletically gifted, and 31 years old. Instead of being the master of his game, he has become a relic. Sure he completes a high percentage, and his QB rating is high. The problem is he eats the beets on his plate, and leaves the boeuf bourguignon barely touched. 

Alex Smith does not reposition his feet, and therefore does not put himself in position to see the field. He is lazy. He has quick feet. He can run the ball. He doesn't use them in the pocket. A good quarterback is always moving his feet in order to keep his body square. Throwing in proper position is 90 % of accuracy. 

Alex Smith does not have a great offensive line. However, Aaron Rodgers' offensive line is not good either. The difference is Rodgers knows how to escape, and get in position to make the throw. Alex can do this, but at 31, will he? Can you teach an old dog new tricks? The time to fix Alex was when Alex was young, but the 49ers were dysfunctional. Smith was a very young #1 overall pick. Yet Aaron Rodgers is only 6 months older, and sat out much of his early career. Rodgers sat and watched Brett Favre, who succeeded despite his mistakes. It is interesting that Rodgers learned as much what not to do as what to do from Favre. He also received better coaching. Favre once said, "It was not my job to mentor Aaron Rodgers." So, someone else did the mentoring... not Favre. 

The Chiefs have a student of the game on their team who is not nearly as skilled as Alex Smith. He is the backup. He is barely 6 feet tall, and he ran the offense much better than Alex Smith during the preseason. I doubt Andy Reid will replace Alex Smith for Daniel, nor should he. Daniel has become a much better quarterback by learning what to do and what not to do as he sat on the bench. Alex Smith now has a very good quarterback coach, one of the best. The question is will he listen?

Aaron Murray, looked pretty good in pre-season. I wonder if he's the future?

Archived