The Dorsey Sucks Thread

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of are.

He needs everything to be perfect.

Almost sounds like the days of Cassel, doesn't it.

One thing I haven't quite figured out yet is if Alex doesn't go deep because Andy tells him not to, or if AS11 just won't go deep for whatever reason..

Whatever the case, I really would like to see Andy hand over the playcalling to Pederson.

Most of are.

He needs everything to be perfect.

Look, I'm down on Smith, too, but this is an exaggeration. Perfect is not even close to what we have and we have mostly been winning without it. Not against top teams this year, but it's worked before against Seattle and New England and he performed against the Colts without perfection (Charles was out). We need something more from nearly everyone - no fumbled from Charles (or just one) - not asking for perfection. And while some of the sacks were on Smith this game, he does need better protection. Not perfect protection. Good defense at the end of games, like against Seattle. They won't need to if we improve on offense. Either way, not asking for perfection.

Smith might not be good enough, I just dislike people saying he needs elite everywhere or perfection. He needs what every non-great QBs need and some great QBs have.

People aren't demanding perfection.

He needs to take over the offense already and at least challenge the secondary enough to keep a Defense honest.

I'll give you that. I just dislike that sentence that he needs perfection. He just needs more than he has. That might be more than other QBs, it might be the same as some others, but it's not perfection. I hate absolutes like can't, never, always, perfect, worst, best, etc. It's almost always more like rarely, regularly, inconsistent, among the worst, among the best, needy, etc.

By this point in his career I want to see him fit the ball in tight windows and have the ability to lead a Defender away with his eyes and throw his guy open.

If he could do at least some of the things mentioned, he would be at least good.

He isn't and is actually declining play wise when he should be at his peak with his big contract. I don't get it.

Bil my apologies from earlier posts. Please don't take offense but I had you confused with Oldtimer(Oldtimer no offense towards you either you also was right and I was wrong my friend) you are an optimist Bil and I am too, I think we can win at Cinncy but its not going to be easy. We owe the Bengals for ruining our 9-0 start with Trent Green years ago.

No offense taken.  Nothing on a football forum can offend me.  In fact, at my age, I almost can only offend myself :lol:

Anyway, I was at every home game in 1969 when we won our only Super Bowl.  After that, the organization went on cruise control, the GM was only interested in getting laid and going to parties, and Lamar was seriously only interested in building Worlds of Fun and making it a success.  So the team went totally to hell.  We have had a couple of good periods since that original GM was kicked out, with Marty and with Vermeil and the great running backs and, of course Derrick Thomas.  But the fans have kind of demanded quick fixes from the organization, and there is no way to build a perennial contender with quick fixes.  I really believe that Dorsey and Reid are doing it the right way and are quite close, except for that franchise QB.  Who knows?  Maybe Murray will turn out to be special, or Bray.  Anyway, I am not ready to give up this year. Winning the whole shebang is not why I like to follow NFL football.  I like seeing us perform well 8 to 12 times per year and get all excited.  I am too old to put my eggs in a Super Bowl basket and become a basket CASE.  I think things will come together this year for maybe a playoff spot if all goes well.  All of the drastic challenges are coming early, and the team will be battle tested.  The Chiefs are going to ambush some really good teams, so everyone ought to chill.  If that is being too much an optimist, then so be it, but when it comes to playing against the current GREAT teams, I choose a bit of realistic pessimism.

People aren't demanding perfection.

He needs to take over the offense already and at least challenge the secondary enough to keep a Defense honest.

If two Jamaal Charles fumbles don't happen or the Chiefs defense makes a final stop on the Broncos' last drive in week two, the Chiefs are 2-1 at worst, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Smith is paying the price for the sins of others. It comes with being quarterback. It doesn't make the unrealistic expectations of armchair quarterbacks any more legitimate.

If two Jamaal Charles fumbles don't happen or the Chiefs defense makes a final stop on the Broncos' last drive in week two, the Chiefs are 2-1 at worst, and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Smith is paying the price for the sins of others. It comes with being quarterback. It doesn't make the unrealistic expectations of armchair quarterbacks any more legitimate.

You're out of touch

I expected Rodgers to shred our D. He shreds everyones D. What I didn't expect was the inept, same old offense that Reid rolled out there. He HAS to learn to adjust, or hand the controls over to Childress or Pederson. Even on the road they should have had more success against a defense that has a lot of holes.

Pederson called the plays during preseason, when they actually looked like an NFL offense.

You're sadly mistaken, this conversation still takes place.

The fumbles were inexcusable, but yeah he wasn't the only turnover machine. Even atb2-1, Alex Smith sucks.

• 2 months later...

Time to revisit. 

Time to revisit.

I don't know how or why you REAL KC fans on this board even engage this little shit.  He literally quit the Chiefs this season to become a Chargers fan early on, then when the Chiefs got hot and the Chargers fell apart he quietly became a Chiefs fan again, now he's all over the place posting happy posts about the Chiefs.

The absolute worst kind of fan and worst of all he's enjoying KC success now that they are good again. 

DERP.

Ahhh, Studs.  Don't get yourself worked up.  He is probably just a kid.  Just don't engage him and let everyone work it out themselves.  Annoying, yes.  Ulcer-inducing?  Only if you let him.  There are more difficult things in life to worry about.

Its all about self-importance and the illusion of control over what others think.  Some kids never grow out of it. The guy might be 50 for all I know, buy I'd guess he is pretty young (hopefully).

Time to revisit.

I don't know how or why you REAL KC fans on this board even engage this little shit.  He literally quit the Chiefs this season to become a Chargers fan early on, then when the Chiefs got hot and the Chargers fell apart he quietly became a Chiefs fan again, now he's all over the place posting happy posts about the Chiefs.

The absolute worst kind of fan and worst of all he's enjoying KC success now that they are good again. 

DERP.

You are so F.I.T.M..

Like you and your JACKASS Friends have never thrown your Team Under the Buss. Just visit any Broncass board. Its always the same. FANS use these boards to VENT. 

Ahhh, Studs.  Don't get yourself worked up.  He is probably just a kid.  Just don't engage him and let everyone work it out themselves.  Annoying, yes.  Ulcer-inducing?  Only if you let him.  There are more difficult things in life to worry about.

Its all about self-importance and the illusion of control over what others think.  Some kids never grow out of it. The guy might be 50 for all I know, buy I'd guess he is pretty young (hopefully).

So very incorrect. Thanks for the insults. 

Sadly he's at least 45 years old Bil.........

You are so F.I.T.M..

Like you and your JACKASS Friends have never thrown your Team Under the Buss. Just visit any Broncass board. Its always the same. FANS use these boards to VENT. 

No, I have never switched allegiances when my team was doing poorly...  Sorry kid.  And even worse, to switch allegiances, become a fan of a new team, then switch back like a month later when the team I switched to started sucking and the team I switched from started winning LOL.

That's about the lamest and most pathetic thing I've seen out of a fan in a long time.  You have no credibility, I don't know why people even entertain your viewpoints. 

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Archived