QB talk...

No, that's not what happened. Your selective memory is kicking in again. Go back and check the play-by-play. The Chiefs' defense was giving up points so quickly that you couldn't even argue that they were gassed. When a quarterback helps his offense put up 44 points, there's no assailing his ability at that point, especially with a bunch of his players missing.

Best game I've seen Alex play.

No flowers, no Houston for a portion and others missing.

Defense blew that game.

No, that's not what happened. Your selective memory is kicking in again. Go back and check the play-by-play. The Chiefs' defense was giving up points so quickly that you couldn't even argue that they were gassed. When a quarterback helps his offense put up 44 points, there's no assailing his ability at that point, especially with a bunch of his players missing.

You should go back and rewatch it.

They came out in the 2nd half to grind and leave. The offense started adjusting when the heat turned up and Sutton put his finger in his nose.

The Defense had a part for sure, yes, but both sides had a part in it and it was a team loss.

Here's your play-by-play of the last Chief's drive of the Indy game. Had a chance to win it with plenty of time and Phatally failed. Chiefs only scored 3 in the 4th quarter. So let me guess, Alex, was responsible for the first 41 points but it was the offensive line's fault that they only scored 3 in the 4th. 

• 1st and 10 at KC 20

(Run formation) A.Smith pass short right to D.Bowe to KC 45 for 25 yards (C.Lynch).

• 1st and 10 at KC 45

(Run formation) A.Smith pass short middle to D.Bowe to IND 42 for 13 yards (A.Bethea; D.Butler).

• 1st and 10 at IND 42

(Shotgun) C.Gray right tackle to IND 39 for 3 yards (R.Mathis; R.Jean Francois).

• 2nd and 7 at IND 39

(Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short right [C.Redding]. PENALTY on KC-A.Smith, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced at IND 39.

• 3rd and 17 at IND 49

(Shotgun) A.Smith pass short middle to D.McCluster to IND 43 for 6 yards (V.Davis).

• 4th and 11 at IND 43

Timeout #3 by KC at 02:00.

• 4th and 11 at IND 43

(Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete deep right to D.Bowe.

Here's your play-by-play of the last Chief's drive of the Indy game. Had a chance to win it with plenty of time and Phatally failed. Chiefs only scored 3 in the 4th quarter. So let me guess, Alex, was responsible for the first 41 points but it was the offensive line's fault that they only scored 3 in the 4th. 

• 1st and 10 at KC 20

(Run formation) A.Smith pass short right to D.Bowe to KC 45 for 25 yards (C.Lynch).

• 1st and 10 at KC 45

(Run formation) A.Smith pass short middle to D.Bowe to IND 42 for 13 yards (A.Bethea; D.Butler).

• 1st and 10 at IND 42

(Shotgun) C.Gray right tackle to IND 39 for 3 yards (R.Mathis; R.Jean Francois).

• 2nd and 7 at IND 39

(Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete short right [C.Redding]. PENALTY on KC-A.Smith, Intentional Grounding, 10 yards, enforced at IND 39.

• 3rd and 17 at IND 49

(Shotgun) A.Smith pass short middle to D.McCluster to IND 43 for 6 yards (V.Davis).

• 4th and 11 at IND 43

Timeout #3 by KC at 02:00.

• 4th and 11 at IND 43

(Shotgun) A.Smith pass incomplete deep right to D.Bowe.

Sorry, but I just won't allow this into the conversation. It's pointless. 28 points. Twenty-freaking-eight. The Colts adjusted their coverages to account for pretty much everyone but Bowe and Charles being out of the game, and Smith was getting more heat on his dropbacks. Bowe didn't keep his feet in bounds on 4th down, but you should never forget: Smith had earned the right to kneel out of that game. For you to post this as some sort of argument that Smith failed his team is the height of belligerence. Alex Smith will never be good enough for you because Alex Smith will never be good enough for you, and we'll go round and round and round with you, and you'll ignore all of the material facts that colored that game.

You can read a box score. Congratulations.

I was pleading for the Chiefs to take Teddy Bridgewater, and groom him under Alex Smith. They took Dee Ford. Yes, I still think the Chiefs should have taken Teddy Bridgewater, and I doubt I will change my opinion soon. Oh, by the way, Dee Ford has 3 tackles and zero sacks in three games so far.

I was pleading for the Chiefs to take Teddy Bridgewater, and groom him under Alex Smith. They took Dee Ford. Yes, I still think the Chiefs should have taken Teddy Bridgewater, and I doubt I will change my opinion soon. Oh, by the way, Dee Ford has 3 tackles and zero sacks in three games so far.

E, you know he's getting not very many snaps.

Sorry, but I just won't allow this into the conversation. It's pointless. 28 points. Twenty-freaking-eight. The Colts adjusted their coverages to account for pretty much everyone but Bowe and Charles being out of the game, and Smith was getting more heat on his dropbacks. Bowe didn't keep his feet in bounds on 4th down, but you should never forget: Smith had earned the right to kneel out of that game. For you to post this as some sort of argument that Smith failed his team is the height of belligerence. Alex Smith will never be good enough for you because Alex Smith will never be good enough for you, and we'll go round and round and round with you, and you'll ignore all of the material facts that colored that game.

You can read a box score. Congratulations.

Earned the right to kneel out of the game? Do you have any idea that there are any other players on the field? Regardless of how the game ended your heart throb had the opportunity to take the team down the field to victory. When things are great, it's all because of your man, if things are bad it's everybody else's fault. His 2 and 4 minute drills are pathetic. I'm done discussing your blind infatuation with Alex. Going to be sad for you when his career is over or even worse when he ends up in Cleveland. I'll still be a Chiefs fan win or lose..... no excuses.

Earned the right to kneel out of the game? Do you have any idea that there are any other players on the field? Regardless of how the game ended your heart throb had the opportunity to take the team down the field to victory. When things are great, it's all because of your man, if things are bad it's everybody else's fault. His 2 and 4 minute drills are pathetic. I'm done discussing your blind infatuation with Alex. Going to be sad for you when his career is over or even worse when he ends up in Cleveland. I'll still be a Chiefs fan win or lose..... no excuses.

I'm with Phatal on this one, you can blame Alex all you want but he done his job and defense didn't against the Colts. This is the same thing that happened in the Denver game this year, Alex done his job but he doesn't play defense. The same could be said about you hating on Smith and being blind to the facts:

1,) He has no time to get the ball down the field

2.) He doesn't play on the defense(hold a team under 20 defense)

3.) Who would be better to run the WCO?

4.) Where is any blame on JC, why isn't he getting yards could it be "NO HOLES TO RUN THROUGH"

5.) Last time I check football was a team sport who else on the team got sacked 7 fuckin times?

I'm with Phatal on this one, you can blame Alex all you want but he done his job and defense didn't against the Colts. This is the same thing that happened in the Denver game this year, Alex done his job but he doesn't play defense. The same could be said about you hating on Smith and being blind to the facts:

1,) He has no time to get the ball down the field

2.) He doesn't play on the defense(hold a team under 20 defense)

3.) Who would be better to run the WCO?

4.) Where is any blame on JC, why isn't he getting yards could it be "NO HOLES TO RUN THROUGH"

5.) Last time I check football was a team sport who else on the team got sacked 7 fuckin times?

I didn't blame him for the loss. The defense played horrible. Any time a team scores that many points they should win easily. I said he had an opportunity to win it and didn't. The fact that he said Alex Smith earned the right to kneel is discounting what the rest of the TEAM did. Phatal who?

I didn't blame him for the loss. The defense played horrible. Any time a team scores that many points they should win easily. I said he had an opportunity to win it and didn't. The fact that he said Alex Smith earned the right to kneel is discounting what the rest of the TEAM did. Phatal who?

He had opportunities. What bugs me about the game is the last throw though. At first, I thought "oh too bad he didn't get his foot in." And then I thought, "what if Smith threw it a little bit more inside further" and then, "why did Bowe start so outside?" He did the same exact thing against Buffalo earlier that year.

And, then, Bowe comes out and says that he could've caught the ball inbounds but he was afraid that he'd break his foot. I'm gonna blame him for either saying something stupid that wasn't true or for worrying about his foot and not getting it in bounds.

Archived