Can we reduce or eliminate checkdown WRs?

If there's one thing I can say....its that I'm tired of seeing us not throw the ball down the field.  3rd and 27 and we throw a pass 3 yards behind LOS is the one that stuck out with me last night, but its EVERY time we throw its either at the line or behind the line.  This just needs to stop.  Can we just eliminate the check down WR all together and force ALL eligible WRs down the field?  Can we please just try it?

I know....here's where I get the "if the oline can't give the QB time, it won't matter" chatter.  But every week I see QBs getting rid of the ball in under a second to WRs down the field.  These teams run timing plays and have guys immediately open.  They had a highlight package last night of Aaron Rogers getting passes off in under half a second from snap UPFIELD!  Remember the quick slant that got Tony G so many of his receptions/yards/TDs?  I see teams hit us with plays like that all the time, yet we don't even try.  Is it a WCO thing?  I just don't understand...

If there's one thing I can say....its that I'm tired of seeing us not throw the ball down the field. 3rd and 27 and we throw a pass 3 yards behind LOS is the one that stuck out with me last night, but its EVERY time we throw its either at the line or behind the line. This just needs to stop. Can we just eliminate the check down WR all together and force ALL eligible WRs down the field? Can we please just try it?

I know....here's where I get the "if the oline can't give the QB time, it won't matter" chatter. But every week I see QBs getting rid of the ball in under a second to WRs down the field. These teams run timing plays and have guys immediately open. They had a highlight package last night of Aaron Rogers getting passes off in under half a second from snap UPFIELD! Remember the quick slant that got Tony G so many of his receptions/yards/TDs? I see teams hit us with plays like that all the time, yet we don't even try. Is it a WCO thing? I just don't understand...

It's Alex man

If there's one thing I can say....its that I'm tired of seeing us not throw the ball down the field.  3rd and 27 and we throw a pass 3 yards behind LOS is the one that stuck out with me last night, but its EVERY time we throw its either at the line or behind the line.  This just needs to stop.  Can we just eliminate the check down WR all together and force ALL eligible WRs down the field?  Can we please just try it?

I know....here's where I get the "if the oline can't give the QB time, it won't matter" chatter.  But every week I see QBs getting rid of the ball in under a second to WRs down the field.  These teams run timing plays and have guys immediately open.  They had a highlight package last night of Aaron Rogers getting passes off in under half a second from snap UPFIELD!  Remember the quick slant that got Tony G so many of his receptions/yards/TDs?  I see teams hit us with plays like that all the time, yet we don't even try.  Is it a WCO thing?  I just don't understand...

On 3rd and 27, do you want Smith to throw a three-flies ball? On 3rd and 27, will the offensive line give enough protection to throw a three-flies ball? Even the best quarterbacks don't normally convert for first downs in those scenarios, so if you are basing your argument on that play, it is indeed a weak basis for such.

I have no problem with that play call. The nine yards Charles got on that play led to a punt that Colquitt got to the Packers' 2-yard line. Unfortunately, Jamell Fleming was on the field on the following series, and gave up a 29-yard completion to Randall Cobb.

Archived