Is it time to move on from...

Two things coaches have done with playcalling that I feel is pretty stupid is one, to have the play relaying back-and-forth between the OC and head coach before it gets to the quarterback. The second is to have the head coach calling the plays because he didn't hire somebody he trusts to do it. If he is so good at it and that's why he's doing it, I could see an exception. But I don't feel like it is going that way with Reid. I think he felt that giving up personnel decisions would open it up for him to be the Offensive Coordinator as well, but I feel like it's not working.

Reid's lack of confidence in Smith's throwing ability and Smith's fear of losing or throwing an INT has a lot to do with play calling. Don't you think Reid would like to call plays that would chew up big yardage? Have you ever seen the bombs Desean Jackson/Maclin caught in Philly? Could you imagine the ability to stretch the field matched with JCs running ability? With opposing team's defenses having no respect for Smith's ability to throw a long ball, I'm surprised JC gains any yards. Alex Smith probably isn't even mentioned when teams are preparing for the Chiefs.

Reid's lack of confidence in Smith's throwing ability and Smith's fear of losing or throwing an INT has a lot to do with play calling. Don't you think Reid would like to call plays that would chew up big yardage? Have you ever seen the bombs Desean Jackson/Maclin caught in Philly? Could you imagine the ability to stretch the field matched with JCs running ability? With opposing team's defenses having no respect for Smith's ability to throw a long ball, I'm surprised JC gains any yards. Alex Smith probably isn't even mentioned when teams are preparing for the Chiefs.

Well damnit, Reid wanted smith, right???

He had the man "crush" on AS, and personally handpicked him. If Reid wanted a "gunslinger" like Mcnabb, then why in the hell did he go with Smith?

He is the head coach. If AS11 can't perform, then yank his ass and go with Chase or Murray. What good is keeping Smith in doing? Neither Reid or Sutton is capable of playing to the teams' strengths.

How in the hell are we going to move the ball consistently, if all Reid wants to do is throw the ball horizontally? Is that Reid or Smith???

Archived