Are we ever?

Going to have a great qb?

Rodgers targeted 6 guys first drive.

No Nelson, no Adams...

We are so far from going anywhere..

To answer your question, I don't know if we ever will. But we had drives where we have targeted seven before, even early in the game. A lot of it's the quarterback, a lot of it is the line, a lot of it is the play call/gameplan (first 15 plays are often scripted). All three need to improve.

I think the Chiefs have also been unlucky. Yes they messed up in 83 but, every since then, other than Andrew Luck, has there been any sure concrete pick at QB that they actually had a chance to draft?  They either won too many games and never had a high enough pick or never lucked into some of the more better QB's like other teams.

They could have had Aaron Rodgers, but at the time Trent green was the Chiefs QB, and I wonder how this board would have reacted if they took Rodgers instead of DJ. The Chiefs needed defensive help back then. It's easy to say now that you would have been happy with them picking Rodgers, but honestly I don't know if I would have back then. I knew nothing about Rodgers and I did feel sorry for him, the way he kept getting passed over; but I wondered why.

It's frustrating, and at this point I'm not sure if the Chiefs will get an elite QB. It would be great if Murray or Bray turned out to be the one.

Guest Okiechief1

Like LF said, you have to be willing to spend the pick but you also comnitt to it and not just yank the kid when things go bad.

Only been a couple coaches over the past few decades even interested in taking that route, Herm and Haley. Herm had the right philosophy just chose the wrong guy and Haley never was given the chance and had his QB picked for him.

Way to early to declare anybody anything but if Carr continues to progress it will be front and center for the next decade on why you take the chance.

That would be another ignorant thing to do.

They should be drafting based on talent, NOT, the buddy/connection system...

Chemistry..I think they did it for some sort of chemistry between the two because they both played for Georgia at the same time....And they looked good btw.

Going to have a great qb?

Rodgers targeted 6 guys first drive.

No Nelson, no Adams...

We are so far from going anywhere..

Wow... Rodgers targeted six players on a three-play drive? He's a better quarterback than I thought.

What drive are you talking about, and what players were defending those six targets?

6 different guys on a 6 play drive. He moves the ball around and commands the offense. He knows how to progress through receivers and keep defenses on their heels.

You already said that. I asked you what defensive players were covering those receivers.

Also, you cannot presuppose that a quarterback is reading deep into his progressions because he is targeting different players. The progression sequence is determined by the play, and then altered based on pre-snap reads. Quarterbacks in one-read systems can call six different passing plays with each one targeting a different receiver, but it doesn't mean that the quarterback is reading the field.

Rodgers targets more receivers because the Packers' roster has more capable pass catchers. Smith's WR2 isn't as good as Rodgers' WR4 (counting Jordy Nelson).

You said 6 players on a 3 play drive.

It was the first drive and it was 6 plays.

I didn't rewatch that drive to see who was covering and i don't think it matters. The point is, Aaron isn't afraid to throw the ball where it needs to go. He goes through progression. He doesn't care who is covering.

Alex has limited abilities.

My point of the thread should have said,it would be nice to have a guy like AR.

Instead we have a guy with many limits. A nice guy, good leader, who needs an amazing line.

I don't see the Chiefs going anywhere this year. They'll win some and lose some. In the end at the end of the season presser, Andy will point out all the "positives" that happened in 2015 and he'll talk about missed opportunities and he'll say something along the lines of "doggonnit I really thought we had the pieces for a playoff run...it's my fault. It starts with me. I gotta do better at putting our guys in better situations so we could win. Thanks for coming...see you next year." And fans are left with a hollow feeling for 6 months.

I don't see the Chiefs going anywhere this year. They'll win some and lose some. In the end at the end of the season presser, Andy will point out all the "positives" that happened in 2015 and he'll talk about missed opportunities and he'll say something along the lines of "doggonnit I really thought we had the pieces for a playoff run...it's my fault. It starts with me. I gotta do better at putting our guys in better situations so we could win. Thanks for coming...see you next year." And fans are left with a hollow, and all too familiar feeling for 6 months.

Great QB's are all about luck.....There have been SOOOO Many SURE Thing/Failures to count....all across the league.

Somehow, INDY has solved the puzzle...not sure how though.

Its impossible to predict.

w

Great QB's are all about luck.....There have been SOOOO Many SURE Thing/Failures to count....all across the league.

w

Luck looks average this year because of the pressure his oline sucks too, Compare Luck and Smith's stats?!?!

w

The puzzle is to tank whenever there is a can't miss prospect out there. They could be unlucky with guessing on the wrong can't miss prospect. But the puzzle is pretty clear. San Antonio did this for Duncan, in my opinion.

You said 6 players on a 3 play drive.

It was the first drive and it was 6 plays.

I didn't rewatch that drive to see who was covering and i don't think it matters. The point is, Aaron isn't afraid to throw the ball where it needs to go. He goes through progression. He doesn't care who is covering.

Alex has limited abilities.

My point of the thread should have said,it would be nice to have a guy like AR.

Instead we have a guy with many limits. A nice guy, good leader, who needs an amazing line.

There were times where receivers were loosely covered over the middle, but Alex refused to let go of the ball.

He needs to trust his throws and wideouts more.

Archived