Cincinnati Bengals Game Week Thread

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/13868/were-moving-on-to-cincinnati-could-become-a-thing-for-chiefs

Teicher, has a nice comparison with this year's Chiefs and last years Pats. 

NE (after getting blown out by KC on MNF) went on to beat a 3-0 Cinci team away and roll to a 5 game winning streak. 

Can the Chiefs repeat?  ;)

http://espn.go.com/blog/kansas-city-chiefs/post/_/id/13868/were-moving-on-to-cincinnati-could-become-a-thing-for-chiefs

NE (after getting blown out by KC on MNF) went on to beat a 3-0 Cinci team away and roll to a 5 game winning streak. 

Can the Chiefs repeat?

no.

If we sneak one away from Cinci then Chicago and MN look like possible victories. 

Then, Pitt at home without Big Ben (Vick will start). 

Also, the London game against a debacled Detroit may push us to 6-2 / 5-3 by the BYE week.

This 2nd QTR of the season will tell the tale for the Chiefs this year. Chi, @ MN, Pitt, Detroit. 

It doesn't get any easier after the BYE, especially since the Faiders look decent. 

If we sneak one away from Cinci then Chicago and MN look like possible victories.

Then, Pitt at home without Big Ben (Vick will start).

Also, the London game against a debacled Detroit may push us to 6-2 / 5-3 by the BYE week.

This 2nd QTR of the season will tell the tale for the Chiefs this year. Chi, @ MN, Pitt, Detroit.

It doesn't get any easier after the BYE, especially since the Faiders look decent.

It doesn't get easy, as both Oakland and San Diego can sweep us and we do have Baltimore and Denver again, but it does get easier than it's been these first three games.

I'm hoping the return of Jeff Allen and Sean Smith helps with some our weaknesses. LDT got his ass whooped all night, and I don't even need to talk about Flemming/Cooper's performance.

Smith being back gives us, him, Peters and Gaines with Parker helping out on 4wr sets. That, imo, should be good enough to play solid def against just about anyone...

I absolutely hate Jeff Allen, but I know he's better than LDT. Hell, I think Fulton is better than LDT, but I'm sure the only reason LDT is playing is because Reid wants LDT to be good,

I wish Mr. ALex Smith would dance in the pocket like Mr. Rodgers. See the difference? Rodgers is never flat-footed he's always on his toes looking downfield, even when the pressure is there like on the fumble play. If that was Smith, he would have curled up the ball and take the sack or look to run and only gain a yard or two. The penalty was Cooper's bad play (blatantly shoving the receiver out of the endzone) but Rodgers keeping the pass alive is what caused it.

You know, Smith is playing like it's still his first season with the Chiefs. He needs to start acting like a fucking leader who is tired of getting thrashed and wants to win, or he'll turn into another Matt Cassel real quick and we'll be booing him off the field.

When WilL It EnD? THe BunGles?? BRING EM ON

Just frustrating listening to all the post game comments and the one that sticks out the most is "we just weren't ready or expecting what Green Bay was going to do"

Boggles the mind.  

Cincy is a MUST win at this point.  We will see if they will be ready???

Overall this write up is more wishful thinking.  Year after year you hope you see one of these turn arounds for the chiefs..   Other teams do it, but for some reason this crap always escapes the chiefs...

Just frustrating listening to all the post game comments and the one that sticks out the most is "we just weren't ready or expecting what Green Bay was going to do"

Boggles the mind.

Cincy is a MUST win at this point. We will see if they will be ready???

Overall this write up is more wishful thinking. Year after year you hope you see one of these turn arounds for the chiefs.. Other teams do it, but for some reason this crap always escapes the chiefs...

Other teams have , Rodgers, manning, Ben, Brady, Bree's, rivers...

Reid's press conference was so horrible to witness that I felt like the head coach was falling on a sword that someone else should've fallen on and that should have been Alex smiths sword. I have lost all faith in smith at this point and I really thought he could be a final piece in the Chiefs quest to win. I was misled. He should be benched.

Alex Smith has a significant flaw not exclusive to him. He has a disconnect in the process of reading what the defense is planning, getting his team into the right play as a result, going thru his progressions and delivering the rock to the best receiver QUICKLY.

Alas, Smith is hardly alone. He's gifted athletically but that's not enough.

Guest dhitter

Reid's press conference was so horrible to witness that I felt like the head coach was falling on a sword that someone else should've fallen on and that should have been Alex smiths sword. I have lost all faith in smith at this point and I really thought he could be a final piece in the Chiefs quest to win. I was misled. He should be benched.

Reid has to shoulder some of the blame. His play calling in the first half was atrocious. The Chiefs had a week and a half to prepare for this game and they looked flat and uninspired. That has to fall under preparation...which falls under coaching. Feels like the old days where we couldn't get a first down until right before the half or something. I read where the Chiefs weren't prepared for all the blitzing Green Bay was doing....."Hello"? It's called adjustments. That's on coaching too.

I'm hoping the return of Jeff Allen and Sean Smith helps with some our weaknesses. LDT got his ass whooped all night, and I don't even need to talk about Flemming/Cooper's performance.

Smith being back gives us, him, Peters and Gaines with Parker helping out on 4wr sets. That, imo, should be good enough to play solid def against just about anyone...

I absolutely hate Jeff Allen, but I know he's better than LDT. Hell, I think Fulton is better than LDT, but I'm sure the only reason LDT is playing is because Reid wants LDT to be good,

Gaines is done.

Cincinatti is going to kill us.

Cincinnati is known for being inconsistent or at least fucking up with one at some point. Kansas City is also known for this in the opposite way. A betting man would take the Bengals, but I'm not counting out the game.

Unless the Bengals coaching staff is just plain stupid, and I don't think Marvin Lewis is, this could be another loss if AJ Green lines up in the slot and destroys whomever is playing the nickel db.

I'm hoping they give Parker a shot at the slot. He's not great, but with Gaines out, he's our best bet. Green will beat him too, but at least Parker will compete. IMO, the most important factor to us winning will be our offense.

Will the oline wake the hell up, and start playing like they want to win?

Archived