Rest of Season Poll

Will the 2015-16 Kansas City Chiefs Make the Playoffs?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Will the 2015-16 Kansas City Chiefs Make the Playoffs?

2. 2. Could the 2015-16 Kansas City Chiefs Make the Playoffs?

• Yes, if they fix a few issues and no major injuries.
    • Yes, if we get a lot of help.
    • No, their ceiling is a playoffs-like win total but would lose the tiebreakers.
    • No, they're not good enough.
  3. 3. How Many Wins in Total Will the Chiefs Win?

I thought this would be a good time for this thread.

We know our defense - its strengths, its weaknesses, its depth or lack thereof, its coordinator's good and bad tendencies or schemes. We know how it can keep an opponent to low points. We know how it can let the other team score in the last two minutes (San Diego 2013, Denver 2015). We know how it can shut you down (Seattle 2014). We know how it can't catch an INT absent Peters' two INTs (Denver and all of 2014 it seemed).

We know Andy Reid -  his playcalling, his clock management skills, his boring repetitive press conferences, his system, etc.

We know the offense, including the QB, including the RB - strengths, weaknesses, tendencies, etc.

We know a little bit of our opponents now.

What am I getting at?

Most, if not all of us, do not expect to make the playoffs. However, if we do, I don't want any excuses for our predictions. We know our team. If we make the playoffs, it can't be "because the defense played out of their minds." 

We know that.

It can't be "Charles is ELITE."

We know that.

Can you guys give us a statement, knowing what we know, that we are or are not going to the playoffs? (Insert Jim Mora's "Playoffs?!!!") Absent major injury like Charles or Smith, etc. NOT should we or could we (Question 2) or if such and such happens, just we will or will not. (Insert Yoda's "do or do not, there is no try...")

I say, we will make the playoffs. Not going to make any grand statements on how strong we will or won't be. Won't say how, why, etc. Just that we will. I will eat crow if we don't. Won't make excuses because we know this team and our opponents. That means losing a tie-breaker is still wrong for me. I do reserve a caveat that if Smith gets injured or Charles is out more than 4 games that my crow should be less. I mean, injuries are not something we "know." Gaines, however, big but we should move on and win without him now that Sean is back.

The reason I say this is because I had Green Bay and Denver as losses before the season. Didn't like how we lost either game, but a loss still the same. I had Cincinnati as a win and I might be very wrong, though they have been inconsistent every year.

I also do not believe two games (that we lost) is a regression, just two bad games. We could continue poor play and make it a regression, as all regressions start with two games, but I won't say it is. I also don't think a bounce-back against a Bears team is enough to say we stopped it, if there is such regression. It would be a reprieve. We need to get this Cincinnati game.

Before these last two games, I would have said a good showing against the Bengals could not satisfy, but make me shrug off a loss on the road. These last two losses don't change that based on result, just on HOW we lost those games. Now, we NEED to win this game, not just for the team (where it's important) but for me to remain semi-confident. It's not HOW, it's HOW & a WIN.

4. @Bengals L

5. vs. Bears W

6. @ Vikings W

vs. Steelers W

vs. Lions W

@Broncos L

@Chargers

vs. Bills W

@ Raiders 

vs. Chargers W

@Ravens L

vs. Browns W

vs. Raiders W

We'll sweep either the Chargers or Raiders, not sure which. Or we'll sweep neither and somehow beat Denver. Yes, one of those three will happen.

The game this weekend will determine if they have a good shot or not.  If they lose this week I think the playoffs will be a stretch, Cause Cincy and or Pitsburgh is one of the wildcards if not their division winner.

I agree, but I thought before this game was a good time to guess. You can change your answer after the game. Just delete the vote and re-vote.

I just hear so much reaction - some over and some reasonable - after three games. I wanted to see people making a statement one way or another. Or admitting they don't know.

I just didn't want, "this team is awful, coach is over the hill predictable, the QB is fearshot, and the defense is depleted" and then when we made it, to hear that "the defense dragged Smith there," or that "Reid finally realized he had Charles." It's a "will the defense be good enough to drag Smith there" or "will Reid realize he has Charles" type of question.

Really, before the season I was thinking 1-3 would be possible 2-2 would be nice because reality is, denver and especially GB at home was a TALL order.  I think the denver game is the root of the reaction we have seen, cause the chiefs by all counts should have won that one.  The manner in which GB kicked their ass just compiled it.

I think if they win the cincy game they have a shot, otherwise No dice...

3rd year is the litmus test. Reid knows this and knows he has to adjust now. The homer in me goes against logic and says that he makes the adjustments, the oline becomes at least average, and the defense plays up to their potential. Alex Smith gets back to what he is, a game manager, and limits the turnovers. I think that they win at Cinci and turn things around. We win 10 and get in.

The game this weekend will determine if they have a good shot or not.  If they lose this week I think the playoffs will be a stretch, Cause Cincy and or Pitsburgh is one of the wildcards if not their division winner.

I have to agree with this statement. I have to throw out weeks one and two to accept that week three is most representative of what the Chiefs will do this year. If week four is bad, then it means that the Chiefs' offensive line has been figured out, and the offense will be limited exclusively to managing possessions rather than scoring points, which will not win against the schedule the Chiefs face this year.

I don't know this crap about the line being figured out.

They played two stout fronts in the first two weeks and gave the appearance that they didn't practice or even watch any film at all for Week 3.

The best block came from Eric Fisher when he pancaked his own teammate.

Andy Heck is a terrible oline coach. The move looked bad when Andy made the hire. Jaguars Oline sucked under him.

Andy Heck is a terrible oline coach. The move looked bad when Andy made the hire. Jaguars Oline sucked under him.

Andy Reid signed someone with the first name Andy (Heck) and last name Reid (Jah) for the OL and a guy who played for his state (Utah - Reid went to BYU) to QB. Nepotism! Networking. What's in a name?

10 Wins.

Also, I agree that the Raiders are much improved.

The thing that bothers me is the lost home game.

I am still at 2-2 through the first four games. 

While it is quite fashionable to "abandon ship" I'll stick it out for awhile.

w

10 Wins.

Also, I agree that the Raiders are much improved.

The thing that bothers me is the lost home game.

I am still at 2-2 through the first four games. 

While it is quite fashionable to "abandon ship" I'll stick it out for awhile.

w

What West said!!! I think I'll stick it out foe a while also!!

4. @ Bengals W

5. vs. Bears W

6. @ Vikings L

vs. Steelers W

vs. Lions W

@ Broncos W

@ Chargers L

vs. Bills W

@ Raiders L

vs. Chargers W

@ Ravens L

vs. Browns W

vs. Raiders W

10-6, we split with Oakland and SD and beat Denver. We beat Cinci and lose to MN on the road.

I hesitated to vote they were not good enough. They are good enough, and that is the clincher. This team has the talent to win a super bowl. They lack a few parts, passion from a few players, and game day coaching. 

I honestly don't know how good or bad the Chiefs are.  I think I may have said that before in another thread but I'm tired, having work done on my car, and waiting for it to be finished. I voted that they wouldn't make it, but it still seems too early. 

I honestly don't know how good or bad the Chiefs are. I think I may have said that before in another thread but I'm tired, having work done on my car, and waiting for it to be finished. I voted that they wouldn't make it, but it still seems too early.

The good thing about this site is that you can change your vote later. I would ask people to leave it as they think it is right now (or rather, change it if something changes their mind before the Bengals game).

After the Cincinnati game, they can change it as they wish. In fact, I was going to bump this after the Bengals game to see if anyone has changed their mind. And then bump it after the Bears game, etc. I want to see the confidence in yur team or lack thereof.

I hesitated to vote they were not good enough. They are good enough, and that is the clincher. This team has the talent to win a super bowl. They lack a few parts, passion from a few players, and game day coaching. 

Game day coaching is the main reason IMO. How in the hell can AS11 look like a decent qb against Houston, and then look like a rookie qb starting his first game against GB? Coaching, that's how.

How can the oline go from controlling Watt, Clowney and Cushing to that "shit" show they put on against GB? Coaching, that's how.

I'm getting really tired of hearing Reid at every presser say, "it was my fault", "I have to have them ready", "it all starts with me".

Well coach what in the hell happens when a player continuously sucks??? His ass gets benched!

2 very fortunate turnovers that helped build an early lead and going conservative to grind out the clock is how Alex looked alright week one.

A lot of QB's will feel good when the D can set you up directly in the redzone twice.

And then we gave Denver the same in the INT before half and fumble six. Sure made them look better.

Charles' fumble turned Manning's game-tying drive into a game-winning drive in the media's mind and turned Smith's putting the Chiefs in the lead to a whatever drive. Interestingly enough, Charles' fumble turned Smith's two play drive into a failed two minute drive that he "can't do" that we must now exaggerate.

Just a sad state of affairs.  Rams roll into Arizona and lay it all out to get a win.  sure seems like AZ got the better end of the Andy Reid deal.  More like, they dodged a bullet.

My votes in.  No playoffs, staring at 7 wins.  Once again they are in year 3 of a new coach/GM.   Instead of the arrow pointing up, they are on a nose dive to the bottom again.

Just makes me sick cause my kids are so excited bout going to the bears game and I could give 2 shits less about going.  Try to make the best of it but just hard knowing the chiefs are on the cusp of being totally out of contention in just 4 weeks of play.

Archived