Wheres the fight?

Guest Holmes4six

Guest Holmes4six

Broncos game and packers game. No fight at all. No nastiness or play on the edge. Reid better light a fire under there asses.

Just finished watching Baltimore get their first win the of the season @ Pitt in a desperation OT game.

That game was amazing. Clean, momentum swings right and left, and hard-fought by both sides. Felt like a playoff game in early October.

Baltimore, is a direct reflection of their Head Coach John Harbaugh; tough and resilient. 

Baltimore, has the heart of a champion. 

Question is: Do the Chiefs have that heart?

Just finished watching Baltimore get their first win the of the season @ Pitt in a desperation OT game.

That game was amazing. Clean, momentum swings right and left, and hard-fought by both sides. Felt like a playoff game in early October.

Baltimore, is a direct reflection of their Head Coach John Harbaugh; tough and resilient.

Question is: Do the Chiefs have that heart?

Their qb stood in under duress and made strong throws.

Guest 303Chiefs

Question is: Do the Chiefs have that heart?

Do you even have to ask? Until the Chiefs prove otherwise, they are a bunch of pussies. Right now, I'm not sure they could win against anyone.

Their qb stood in under duress and made strong throws.

"But Flacco sucks. I would take Alex Smith over him."

My favorite, personally, has to be the ones who would take Alex Smith over Cam Newton. The Panthers are 3-0, he's dragging a shitty offense to victory every week and people would rather have Alex Smith.

Lmao

"But Flacco sucks. I would take Alex Smith over him."

My favorite, personally, has to be the ones who would take Alex Smith over Cam Newton. The Panthers are 3-0, he's dragging a ****** offense to victory every week and people would rather have Alex Smith.

Lmao

Egregious. You are the king of small sample sizes. To compare Cam Newton to Alex Smith here is ridiculous:

The Panthers' strength of schedule has been 2-7. They've played in Jacksonville, and then hosted the Texans and the Saints. Their defense has been second-best in points allowed. The Panthers' offense has scored 64 points. They've played against the 11th-, 27th-, and 28th-best defenses in the league.

The Chiefs' strength of schedule has been 7-2. They've played in Houston, hosted Denver, and then played in Green Bay. Their defense has been seventh-worst in points allowed. The Chiefs' offense has scored 72 points. They've played against the 2nd-, 11th-, and 17th-best defenses in the league. Of the four touchdowns scored against Denver this year through the first three weeks, Smith's offense scored three of them. Matthew Stafford's scored the other one, leaving Joe Flacco's none (he did however throw a pick-six against Denver).

The Panthers play against the 24th-ranked Buccaneers' defense in Tampa Bay this week, then go on bye. Talk to me about Cam Newton and how awesome he is when his team plays at CenturyLink Field and then squares off against Philadelphia's defense.

He's on his way to three playoff appearances in a row.

But he's not the reason for it, anymore than Colin Kaepernick was the reason that his team went to the Super Bowl in 2012. Cam Newton is better than Colin Kaepernick, but he's no Alex Smith, and not by a long shot. He's opportunistic, and beats badly coordinated defenses.

It would have been nice for the Chiefs to get into the 2014 post-season with a 9-7 record the way the Panthers got into the 2014 post-season with a 7-8-1 record. You don't have to be good to get into the post-season, you just have to be better than the tenth-worst team in your conference or than the third-worst team in your division.

Question is: Do the Chiefs have that heart?

Doesn't appear to.  I have been an optimist for a long time, but this entire team and its coach seem to be merely punching their time clock.  No fire.  No real desire.

Smith seems more concerned with avoiding another lacerated spleen than taking any chances.  He is making poor decisions, and his passes have no zip.  The coach seems to be a walking homily or cliche, and it seems clear that he is more interested in eating a few more cheeseburgers and bulking up to 400 lb than he is to lighting a fire under this team or getting mad at anyone. 

It seems that the players are despondent that their future is turning to crap because they know in their hearts that there is no O-line to give them any chance at all.  I'll bet half of them want out ASAP.  When you start LDT, have a rookie as a starting center, a 1st round tackle who has no fire and keeps getting moved around, a supposedly sound LG acquired in a trade who is looking like a walking sieve, and another tackle who would be only a 2nd team guy for any other squad in football, and a QB who is more cerebral than he his good and who seems not to be able to see the whole field or needs a pair of new glasses, then you have the makings of yet another "give up and start over" franchise that promises success in another 4 years.  By that time, the sport will be made illegal because 70% of all players develop chronic traumatic brain atrophy by the time they are middle aged. That figure would be higher if not for the kickers, who never get hit in the head.

I am more than beginning to lose interest in the entire thing after 46 years of passionate interest and repeated disappointment. I'll still turn on the games and watch, mostly out of macabre self-flagellation or as an excuse to snack on things that are bad for me.

It is also not a good sign for the secondary depth that we have to start a guy at safety who had a malignancy and went through many rounds of intensive chemotherapy less than a year ago, as inspiring as that story is, and simply because he knows what he is doing and where the play is going.

I am revising my estimate of record to 8-8, simply on the basis that, after Cincinnati, we will have one of the easier schedules in football. BTW, why did we pick up Maclin, if we can't throw to him and he can't block?

Doesn't appear to. I have been an optimist for a long time, but this entire team and its coach seem to be merely punching their time clock. No fire. No real desire.

Smith seems more concerned with avoiding another lacerated spleen than taking any chances. He is making poor decisions, and his passes have no zip. The coach seems to be a walking homily or cliche, and it seems clear that he is more interested in eating a few more cheeseburgers and bulking up to 400 lb than he is to lighting a fire under this team or getting mad at anyone.

It seems that the players are despondent that their future is turning to crap because they know in their hearts that there is no O-line to give them any chance at all. I'll bet half of them want out ASAP. When you start LDT, have a rookie as a starting center, a 1st round tackle who has no fire and keeps getting moved around, a supposedly sound LG acquired in a trade who is looking like a walking sieve, and another tackle who would be only a 2nd team guy for any other squad in football, and a QB who is more cerebral than he his good and who seems not to be able to see the whole field or needs a pair of new glasses, then you have the makings of yet another "give up and start over" franchise that promises success in another 4 years. By that time, the sport will be made illegal because 70% of all players develop chronic traumatic brain atrophy by the time they are middle aged. That figure would be higher if not for the kickers, who never get hit in the head.

I am more than beginning to lose interest in the entire thing after 46 years of passionate interest and repeated disappointment. I'll still turn on the games and watch, mostly out of macabre self-flagellation or as an excuse to snack on things that are bad for me.

It is also not a good sign for the secondary depth that we have to start a guy at safety who had a malignancy and went through many rounds of intensive chemotherapy less than a year ago, as inspiring as that story is, and simply because he knows what he is doing and where the play is going.

I am revising my estimate of record to 8-8, simply on the basis that, after Cincinatti, we will have one of the easier schedules in football.

While I have not given up, I respect this view. After all, after the Denver game, I thought that I should give up this whole thing. I'm younger than you are so I haven't been a fan as long as you have and haven't seen all the disappointments that you have, only read about it in articles.

I think the Denver game was not a wake up call. But I think the Green Bay game was. I'm hoping they respond and while I'm not expecting a Super Bowl, I do expect much better play and hopefully it starts in the Cincinnati game, not the Bears game. If it starts in the Bears game, I would feel like Chris Farley in one of the skits, whoop'dafreakingdo.

Doesn't appear to.  I have been an optimist for a long time, but this entire team and its coach seem to be merely punching their time clock.  No fire.  No real desire.

Smith seems more concerned with avoiding another lacerated spleen than taking any chances.  He is making poor decisions, and his passes have no zip.  The coach seems to be a walking homily or cliche, and it seems clear that he is more interested in eating a few more cheeseburgers and bulking up to 400 lb than he is to lighting a fire under this team or getting mad at anyone. 

It seems that the players are despondent that their future is turning to crap because they know in their hearts that there is no O-line to give them any chance at all.  I'll bet half of them want out ASAP.  When you start LDT, have a rookie as a starting center, a 1st round tackle who has no fire and keeps getting moved around, a supposedly sound LG acquired in a trade who is looking like a walking sieve, and another tackle who would be only a 2nd team guy for any other squad in football, and a QB who is more cerebral than he his good and who seems not to be able to see the whole field or needs a pair of new glasses, then you have the makings of yet another "give up and start over" franchise that promises success in another 4 years.  By that time, the sport will be made illegal because 70% of all players develop chronic traumatic brain atrophy by the time they are middle aged. That figure would be higher if not for the kickers, who never get hit in the head.

I am revising my estimate of record to 8-8, simply on the basis that, after Cincinnati, we will have one of the easier schedules in football. BTW, why did we pick up Maclin, if we can't throw to him and he can't block?

Yes Bil, my sentiments also my friend. I did expect a loss at GB, but I thought it would be hard fought. The entire showed no desire or fire to come out and play hard. Watching the Ravens and Steelers last night, I thought to myself, damn both of these teams are leaving it out on field. Each and every player on both teams seemed to be going hard, the entire game and in OT.

The last game I can remember Andy Reid's team going hard the whole game was last year against Seattle. They actually fought till the end. I'm ready to send some changes...again. I'm ready to win/lose some games with Aaron Murray.

I'm done with Andy Reid, Stubborn Sutton and Alex Smith.

Guest holmes4six

For me, at all levels of football there has to be some type of heart/ fight as mentioned by someone above. Any physical sport requires that. I just don't see it. I see a finesse team that when bullied crumbles. I am not to sure if this is a reflection of the head coach or what. if you go back and watch the 1 quarter  donkey game you will see how they bullied us. This is what GB did also. Shit Alex smiths helmet gets ripped off and no one stands up for him. I believe that one play tells us everything. Even my 9 year old sons team stands up for there own players with out being told.  I remember  about 4-5 years back when we played the raiders. Pryor was at Qb and they were pushing us around. All of a sudden Hali had enough and hit Pryor which was flagged for a 15yd personal foul. After that hit, the game changed and we took control and won. I'm not saying we need to be dirty like von Miller, all I'm saying is we had better start being the nail instead of the hammer. Until then, it don't matter. Oline, play calling whatever, it doesn't matter until we get physical. I hope the chiefs realize they are being physically picked on and finally stand up and stand up for each other. We will be able to tell within the 1 st quarter of this weeks game.

I have to agree about the game last night. Ravens played with fight and heart even after Flaccos two turnovers. and down by 10 or more. I would like to see that in KC.

For me, at all levels of football there has to be some type of heart/ fight as mentioned by someone above. Any physical sport requires that. I just don't see it. I see a finesse team that when bullied crumbles. I am not to sure if this is a reflection of the head coach or what. if you go back and watch the 1 quarter  donkey game you will see how they bullied us. This is what GB did also. Shit Alex smiths helmet gets ripped off and no one stands up for him. I believe that one play tells us everything. Even my 9 year old sons team stands up for there own players with out being told.  I remember  about 4-5 years back when we played the raiders. Pryor was at Qb and they were pushing us around. All of a sudden Hali had enough and hit Pryor which was flagged for a 15yd personal foul. After that hit, the game changed and we took control and won. I'm not saying we need to be dirty like von Miller, all I'm saying is we had better start being the nail instead of the hammer. Until then, it don't matter. Oline, play calling whatever, it doesn't matter until we get physical. I hope the chiefs realize they are being physically picked on and finally stand up and stand up for each other. We will be able to tell within the 1 st quarter of this weeks game.

I have to agree about the game last night. Ravens played with fight and heart even after Flaccos two turnovers. and down by 10 or more. I would like to see that in KC.

Exactly. The chiefs need to show some damn grit!

That starts with Reid, though.

That's not the kind of quit the players have...  Direct quotes tell ya below..

What kind of energy do the Chiefs come out and play with?

Different Chiefs leaders on both sides of the ball said that “they came out flat for whatever reason” in the locker room after the game on Monday night.

That just can’t happen if you’re trying to beat a good football team and the Chiefs face another one on Sunday in the Bengals.

So it’ll be interesting to see what kind of passion and sense of urgency they come out with when they step between the white lines on Sunday.

100215-SixThings-Image.jpg

Everything this team wanted to accomplish is still very much within reach, but we’ll find out on Sunday if the lessons hopefully learned over the past two weeks translate into a better performance on the field.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid has said throughout the week that it’s his responsibility to get them ready to play, and there’s every reason to believe they’ll perform better on Sunday with his track record of success throughout his career.

When you combine that with the leadership on this team, there’s plenty of confidence that things will turn around. 

"The difference with this team is we're a lot more tough-minded now,” veteran linebackerDerrick Johnson said of this team compared to some earlier in his career in Kansas City. “We've got a different swagger to us and we're a very confident group.

“Our confidence comes from Andy Reid, he's at the top of the food chain and it spreads all throughout.”  ** This one is a knee slapper!!! *** :D  :D

That's not the kind of quit the players have...  Direct quotes tell ya below..

What kind of energy do the Chiefs come out and play with?

Different Chiefs leaders on both sides of the ball said that “they came out flat for whatever reason” in the locker room after the game on Monday night.

That just can’t happen if you’re trying to beat a good football team and the Chiefs face another one on Sunday in the Bengals.

So it’ll be interesting to see what kind of passion and sense of urgency they come out with when they step between the white lines on Sunday.

100215-SixThings-Image.jpg

Everything this team wanted to accomplish is still very much within reach, but we’ll find out on Sunday if the lessons hopefully learned over the past two weeks translate into a better performance on the field.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid has said throughout the week that it’s his responsibility to get them ready to play, and there’s every reason to believe they’ll perform better on Sunday with his track record of success throughout his career.

When you combine that with the leadership on this team, there’s plenty of confidence that things will turn around. 

"The difference with this team is we're a lot more tough-minded now,” veteran linebackerDerrick Johnson said of this team compared to some earlier in his career in Kansas City. “We've got a different swagger to us and we're a very confident group.

“Our confidence comes from Andy Reid, he's at the top of the food chain and it spreads all throughout.”  ** This one is a knee slapper!!! *** :D  :D

okay.

But he's not the reason for it, anymore than Colin Kaepernick was the reason that his team went to the Super Bowl in 2012. Cam Newton is better than Colin Kaepernick, but he's no Alex Smith, and not by a long shot. He's opportunistic, and beats badly coordinated defenses.

It would have been nice for the Chiefs to get into the 2014 post-season with a 9-7 record the way the Panthers got into the 2014 post-season with a 7-8-1 record. You don't have to be good to get into the post-season, you just have to be better than the tenth-worst team in your conference or than the third-worst team in your division.

You keep stating SoS already which is kinda dumb as it's a small size sample. Congrats for getting uppity about it than doing it yourself.

Cam has willed his bad offense to wins over multiple seasons so QQ on

E: Whoops quoted wrong post damn phone...point still stands. Also, Cam is better than Alex.

Broncos game and packers game. No fight at all. No nastiness or play on the edge. Reid better light a fire under there asses.

I couldn't agree more the way they let that bastard miller punk the crowd and cheap shot alex was a damn joke.

You keep stating SoS already which is kinda dumb as it's a small size sample. Congrats for getting uppity about it than doing it yourself.

Cam has willed his bad offense to wins over multiple seasons so QQ on

E: Whoops quoted wrong post damn phone...point still stands. Also, Cam is better than Alex.

All his weapons were gone last year. This year Benjamin is hurt and Williams is Gone.

Archived