I just have this feeling that AJ Green will line up anywhere that Smith or Peters is not....Which is the slot position, and torch the hell out of us on every 3rd down.

I'm having terrible visions of this nightmare over and over in my head.

Well, then they need to have Smith shadow him where ever he lines up.

I agree. Many defenses get caught up in the right cornerback and left cornerback. Richard Sherman, Asanti Samuel, Peters, Smith, etc. So what does an offense do in a 4 or 5 receiver set? They put their 4 & 5 receivers on your 1 & 2 cornerbacks and throw to their stars. The other night  I believe Montgomery was being covered by Peters while Cobb was on Branch, a safety. Without injuries, Montgomery wouldn't even be in the game but we have Peters being wasted on him.

I agree. Many defenses get caught up in the right cornerback and left cornerback. Richard Sherman, Asanti Samuel, Peters, Smith, etc. So what does an offense do in a 4 or 5 receiver set? They put their 4 & 5 receivers on your 1 & 2 cornerbacks and throw to their stars. The other night I believe Montgomery was being covered by Peters while Cobb was on Branch, a safety. Without injuries, Montgomery wouldn't even be in the game but we have Peters being wasted on him.

That's it my friend. That's why I posted the topic. Because we don't move our corners around, AJ Green will line up in the slot and run quick slants and post patterns all damn day. While Housting, Hali and Jaye Howard play their damn hearts out trying to get to Dalton before AJ wiggles free from the shitty dB trying to cover him. (Cooper, Fleming, branch, Berry, etc.)

It doesn't really matter tbh. I don't think there's enough talent in the secondary to effectively cover everything.

Double up on AJ Green? Dalton will go to Sanu. Try and take them both out and they will either make you pay deep with Marvin Jones or eat up the middle of the field with Eiffert.

The best method is through pass-rush and the problem is so far the Bengals Offensive Line has played quite well.

You still have to account for a pretty talented back, too.

The Bengals are a well built team and possibly the 2nd best AFC team.

It doesn't really matter tbh. I don't think there's enough talent in the secondary to effectively cover everything.

Double up on AJ Green? Dalton will go to Sanu. Try and take them both out and they will either make you pay deep with Marvin Jones or eat up the middle of the field with Eiffert.

The best method is through pass-rush and the problem is so far the Bengals Offensive Line has played quite well.

You still have to account for a pretty talented back, too.

The Bengals are a well built team and possibly the 2nd best AFC team.

I agree 100%.

Guest Chieftain

Smith is back, may I repeat, Smiff is back. I'm Not too worried about AJ Green this game, I'm more worried about the other components of the Bengals offense; specifically everybody besides Andy Dalton and AJ Green.

The previous teams have been solely targeting the D's only weakness - the absence of Sean Smith, which proved to be a tremendous weakness. He was suspended and not injured, which means he should be in football shape and ready to play. I'm curious to see how much of a difference Smith will bring.

The Bengals are going to attack our next weakness - our nickel corner. After Gaines was injured the Packers realized this big loss and adjusted to attack Branch and he was clearly exposed so the question remains is whose the next man up? Ron Parker - another safety? Cobb lined up in the slot so why wouldn't they put AJ Green there as well? The Chiefs need to score and score early. At least 24 by the 4th quarter. 

Archived