We are what our record says we are.

I think people are vastly overrating the talent on this team.

For me I saw it last year against a pathetic Raider Team. Poor Coaching. What I witnessed against Denver convinced me that Reid & Co are simply not going to lead this team anywhere. Too many high profile losses start to seep into players expectations. If they dont believe in the game plan then you get what we see now. A team with no confidence in their coaches.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A. Smith, Charles, Maclin, Charles Kelce.

Houston, Hali/Ford, Poe, Bailey, Howard, DJ, Berry, S. Smith, Peters...

We had 7 or 8 pro-bowlers a year or so ago. 

Hali, DJ, Poe, and Berry are not the same, granted.

All that discussion about a weak  schedule turns out to be true.

For me I saw it last year against a pathetic Raider Team. Poor Coaching. What I witnessed against Denver convinced me that Reid & Co are simply not going to lead this team anywhere. Too many high profile losses start to seep into players expectations. If they dont believe in the game plan then you get what we see now. A team with no confidence in their coaches.

There is no identity. J. Charles, didn't have consecutive carries in this game. FFS, he's the all time leader in avg per carry in NFL history. Reid's scheme doesn't work with this team. We should be a smash-mouth, running team. 

A. Smith, Charles, Maclin, Charles Kelce.

Houston, Hali/Ford, Poe, Bailey, Howard, DJ, Berry, S. Smith, Peters...

We had 7 or 8 pro-bowlers a year or so ago. 

Hali, DJ, Poe, and Berry are not the same, granted.

The pro bowl is a joke.

Ford isn't a talented player, Alex Smith is a lesser QB (Today wasn't really his fault tho) and like I predicted, Peters looked more like a rookie today.

They are mediocre to flat out terrible at too many spots that are responsible for generating points.

The pro bowl is a joke.

Ford isn't a talented player, Alex Smith is a lesser QB (Today wasn't really his fault tho) and like I predicted, Peters looked more like a rookie today.

They are mediocre to flat out terrible at too many spots that are responsible for generating points.

Ditto

It's really being understated just how much a near MVP performance and almost record breaking season Houston had last season made the Chiefs look a lot better than what they really were.

Fans in Houston are wondering why the Texans sucked when they were suppose to be a playoff contender. They are basically the same type of squad as KC, just swap Houston for Watt.

It's really being understated just how much a near MVP performance and almost record breaking season Houston had last season made the Chiefs look a lot better than what they really were.

Fans in Houston are wondering why the Texans sucked when they were suppose to be a playoff contender. They are basically the same type of squad as KC, just swap Houston for Watt.

Yep

Chiefs down 21-12, Reid passes the ball twice and Smith gets sacked once.

3rd and 30 - Kelce fumbles.

Nevermind, JC had 7 carries for 56 yds in the 1st half. Nevermind, the 8 yards a carry. Where's Kniles Davis? Where's the identity - stop passing if you have a bad O-line. 

Chiefs down 21-12, Reid passes the ball twice and Smith gets sacked once.

3rd and 30 - Kelce fumbles.

Nevermind, JC had 7 carries for 56 yds in the 1st half. Nevermind, the 8 yards a carry. Where's Kniles Davis? Where's the identity - stop passing if you have a bad O-line. 

Seems obvious. Reid Sucks

Someone said it earlier... Chiefs are soft. Starting with soft gameplanning...soft execution. Soft tackling...soft coverage....it goes on and on. Sutton has no clue how to create pressure. No sacks at all? Rare was the time he even got pressure. SOFT!!!

The pro bowl is a joke.

Fisher is a Pussy  (Wasted #1 Pick)

Ford should be a starter but sucks so bad that he cannot even get on the field, could have had Bridgewater (Wasted 1st round pick)

Nelson, a CB if i am not mistaken must suck really bad if he cannot even get on the field before Flamming or Toast Branch (Wasted 3rd Rounder)

Too many reaches on projects for this team to be decent, don't want to even get started on the canadian doctor and i now see why NO was so eager to get rid of Grubbs....

Fisher is a Pussy  (Wasted #1 Pick)

Ford should be a starter but sucks so bad that he cannot even get on the field, could have had Bridgewater (Wasted 1st round pick)

Nelson, a CB if i am not mistaken must suck really bad if he cannot even get on the field before Flamming or Toast Branch (Wasted 3rd Rounder)

Too many reaches on projects for this team to be decent, don't want to even get started on the canadian doctor and i now see why NO was so eager to get rid of Grubbs....

Agree

Fisher is a pussy, but he's not a bust because he's a pussy. The Chiefs took a project Offensive Tackle with the number one overall pick. Let that sink in for awhile.

They told one tackle to get out and were actively shopping the other to make this happen. The Dolphins laughed, said we can wait another year for BA and the Chiefs went stupid anyhow.

The actual knowns were at DT, where they had actual need.

The Chiefs went into the 2014 draft knowing they had a tire fire at WR. They sat around with their dicks in hand and let the Saints walk out with Cooks. Neat. Could of landed Marqise Lee instead.

We could of gone with Teddy Bridgewater and had a good starter ready to play when Alex Smith's deal runs out.

Nah. Lets draft a OLB that played on a bad Auburn D and has uh...a quick first step so he can quickly step the fuck out of making a play.

Dorsey drafted like he was working for the Green Bay Packers. The Packers aren't KC and Ted Thompson eventually wisened up and took the safe route early. In result, they started nailing picks left and right.

Grubbs is gone because they are cap poor and Brees hated him.

We'll beat Chicago.  Whoop-dee-do.

I'm not betting on that game. In fact, it would not be wise to bet on this team at all this season. They are a mess. There were parts of the game where KC did some nice things. Dorsey has to shoulder blame for not addressing the OL. They lost Hudson, who was their best player, and substituted him with a rookie. Then called it a success. They got rid of McGlynn at LG, who was horrible. They replaced him with Grubbs, who was good, but looks to be descending quickly. They also extended his contract by two additional years before seeing if he could actually still play. 

There were reports out that Alex Smith was upset with the play calling. The lack of effort last week, and poor tackling this week could indicate some dissension. The Chiefs' organization is good about polishing a turd, but how many teams of the century can you play in a given year? Now, next week we will all hear about how Cutler is a top tier QB, and Chicago is a tough football team. I don't think the Chiefs will win next Sunday. If they don't, this could get really nasty quick. 

The Chiefs are 1-3. Objectively, we all knew this was going to be a rough start. That part does not surprise me. Being 1 win and 3 losses is not a stunning revelation. Still, for a team that promises to be of championship caliber, it is the way they lost those three games that hurts the most. The absolute ineptness of this coaching staff is evident. I do not know what is going on, but the Chiefs are definitely not playing or being coached to win games. Cincinnati does not have a great OL, and yet only one sack was surrendered? 

I thought the defense would be very good, borderline dominant. They are terrible. Slow, out of position, terrible coaching (Hali running around in circles trying to cover somebody 25 yards downfield) and the worse is a lack of heart, passion or will.

I was hoping the O-line would be improved. They are not. I can't blame the players, they just aren't good. This one's on Dorsey's acquisitions.

I'm not going to blast Reid's playcalling, it isn't great but aside from JC, he's not confidant in the abilities of the offense. Kelce has been a disappointment. Sure he's good in the open field but it doesn't go get the ball like, Gonzalez, Gronk, Graham, etc. andhe leaves the ball on the ground too often for a TE. These things can be corrected though. But I will fault Reid's inability to get the team ready. They are flat and show little pride or energy.

Fisher is a pussy, but he's not a bust because he's a pussy. The Chiefs took a project Offensive Tackle with the number one overall pick. Let that sink in for awhile.

They told one tackle to get out and were actively shopping the other to make this happen. The Dolphins laughed, said we can wait another year for BA and the Chiefs went stupid anyhow.

The actual knowns were at DT, where they had actual need.

The Chiefs went into the 2014 draft knowing they had a tire fire at WR. They sat around with their dicks in hand and let the Saints walk out with Cooks. Neat. Could of landed Marqise Lee instead.

We could of gone with Teddy Bridgewater and had a good starter ready to play when Alex Smith's deal runs out.

Nah. Lets draft a OLB that played on a bad Auburn D and has uh...a quick first step so he can quickly step the fuck out of making a play.

Dorsey drafted like he was working for the Green Bay Packers. The Packers aren't KC and Ted Thompson eventually wisened up and took the safe route early. In result, they started nailing picks left and right.

Grubbs is gone because they are cap poor and Brees hated him.

I wanna know what John Dorsey is smoking out at One Arrowhead. He was a good scout, and is supposed to know talent. The Brandon Albert thing was stupid. Albert wanted to return to KC. His side was playing the game, but until Dorsey went out of his way to chase Albert away, he was pretty darned loyal. That changed, and he made up his mind he was going to Miami. Now, it didn't work out for Miami either, because they wasted a year by not trading, and Albert has been hurt. You cannot make the judgement he would have been hurt in KC if he stayed. A freak injury was not something that was bound to happen. Who knows, but that he would have been hurt, but it is just as likely by staying in KC, Albert may not have gotten rolled up on. Injuries are not predictable. 

I was not a fan of Eric Fisher. I know a lot of guys in here promoted him. I just didn't see it. I thought Jockel was much better, and he sucks too. That is the risk you take when you draft so high in an off year. 

Part of the issue was a leftover problem with the cap that Dorsey had to deal with, but there are ways to work around those issues. Hudson looked promising before breaking his leg. That delayed his progress, and caused a shortened window to make that choice on him. However, he did seem to be very good by the end of 2013. Perhaps the time to get him signed would have been before the Raiders got involved, but who knows? 

There have been some hits with Dorsey, but he has missed too. Dee Ford finally played a little more today. He still doesn't look like a first round player to me. I was on the Teddy Bridgewater band wagon. From what I heard, Dorsey wanted to draft Johnny Football, but was preempted by Cleveland. Sort of bewildering if true. 

I'm not betting on that game. In fact, it would not be wise to bet on this team at all this season. They are a mess. There were parts of the game where KC did some nice things. Dorsey has to shoulder blame for not addressing the OL. They lost Hudson, who was their best player, and substituted him with a rookie. Then called it a success. They got rid of McGlynn at LG, who was horrible. They replaced him with Grubbs, who was good, but looks to be descending quickly. They also extended his contract by two additional years before seeing if he could actually still play. 

There were reports out that Alex Smith was upset with the play calling. The lack of effort last week, and poor tackling this week could indicate some dissension. The Chiefs' organization is good about polishing a turd, but how many teams of the century can you play in a given year? Now, next week we will all hear about how Cutler is a top tier QB, and Chicago is a tough football team. I don't think the Chiefs will win next Sunday. If they don't, this could get really nasty quick. 

The Chiefs are 1-3. Objectively, we all knew this was going to be a rough start. That part does not surprise me. Being 1 win and 3 losses is not a stunning revelation. Still, for a team that promises to be of championship caliber, it is the way they lost those three games that hurts the most. The absolute ineptness of this coaching staff is evident. I do not know what is going on, but the Chiefs are definitely not playing or being coached to win games. Cincinnati does not have a great OL, and yet only one sack was surrendered?

Where in the hell did you determine that the Bengals don't have a good Oline? Because they certainly do.

The Chiefs will probably beat Chicago and a couple other bad teams. The Chiefs are not a good team, but they aren't the worst in the NFL.

Welcome to mediocrity, now entering world 6-10/7-9.

I wanna know what John Dorsey is smoking out at One Arrowhead. He was a good scout, and is supposed to know talent. The Brandon Albert thing was stupid. Albert wanted to return to KC. His side was playing the game, but until Dorsey went out of his way to chase Albert away, he was pretty darned loyal. That changed, and he made up his mind he was going to Miami. Now, it didn't work out for Miami either, because they wasted a year by not trading, and Albert has been hurt. You cannot make the judgement he would have been hurt in KC if he stayed. A freak injury was not something that was bound to happen. Who knows, but that he would have been hurt, but it is just as likely by staying in KC, Albert may not have gotten rolled up on. Injuries are not predictable. 

I was not a fan of Eric Fisher. I know a lot of guys in here promoted him. I just didn't see it. I thought Jockel was much better, and he sucks too. That is the risk you take when you draft so high in an off year. 

Part of the issue was a leftover problem with the cap that Dorsey had to deal with, but there are ways to work around those issues. Hudson looked promising before breaking his leg. That delayed his progress, and caused a shortened window to make that choice on him. However, he did seem to be very good by the end of 2013. Perhaps the time to get him signed would have been before the Raiders got involved, but who knows? 

There have been some hits with Dorsey, but he has missed too. Dee Ford finally played a little more today. He still doesn't look like a first round player to me. I was on the Teddy Bridgewater band wagon. From what I heard, Dorsey wanted to draft Johnny Football, but was preempted by Cleveland. Sort of bewildering if true.

Reid and Dorsey came in and decided they were gonna run a power block scheme and strangely enough a lot of guys brought in to be zone blockers no longer fit in well.

They gutted a lot of players to retool things and eventually started mixing in zone concepts here and there for idk what reason.

They had a good OLine and decided to gut it for funsies.

Where in the hell did you determine that the Bengals don't have a good Oline? Because they certainly do.

The Chiefs will probably beat Chicago and a couple other bad teams. The Chiefs are not a good team, but they aren't the worst in the NFL.

Welcome to mediocrity, now entering world 6-10/7-9.

They aren't beating Chicago either

Kinda almost wish I weren't going to that Bears game..luckily the people I'll be with will make it fun..awfully expensive tho.

shame on the Chiefs for a crappy effort. I had them lose to Denver & GB so I was not mad. I did notice that the Bengals were a vastly improved team and began to worry if my 2-2 prediction would come true. I'm now thinking  a 6 win season may be more in line instead of 9. Its the lack of effort that bothers me..they have absorbed their coach's demeanor. I think Andy is just burnt out

If this coaching staff can not get at least 8 wins then heads need to roll.Even an optimistic Clark Hunt has to start having some nagging doubts whether this GM/HC combo is working. You will see Reid leave before Dorsey and I would wager  that HC replacement will come from GB

You are wrong on the one sack e...Cincinnati gave up zero sacks to the Chiefs. It gets even worse. Zero QB hits!! Dalton could have played Madden back there he was so not pressured. Alex was hit 10 times. The Cincinnati offensive line is supposed to be a pretty good one actually...but no line is "that good". Must mean the Chiefs play calling and effort sucked balls. Yeah...let's go with that.

Archived