The Andy Reid Sucks Thread

Guest Okiechief1

When does he get the runs? Garbage time to run out clock? Or as a gameplan?

Dunno on that one.

Under Reid 20 plus carries has only happened 8 times. 4 times in 2013 3 times last year and once this year against Den.

Their have been games where it seems like they try to use him more. Gets 10 to 12 carries in the first half then the second half he gets just 2 or 3. No reason as to why.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dunno on that one.

Under Reid 20 plus carries has only happened 8 times. 4 times in 2013 3 times last year and once this year against Den.

Their have been games where it seems like they try to use him more. Gets 10 to 12 carries in the first half then the second half he gets just 2 or 3. No reason as to why.

It's like he wants to be unpredictable in distributions of run/pass, but the formations and plays are predictable.

I don't think the run pass distro matters to him a lot when compared to can we run anything that will work.

Smith had a nearly 400 yard game as the Bengals are weak in the secondary, and it got even worse when Pacman left.

Subbing out Charles for West when they got closer was absurd.

Passing on them to open the run was wise, they just didn't run enough in the redzone and constantly rolled in the wrong rb.

Guest Okiechief1

It's like he wants to be unpredictable in distributions of run/pass, but the formations and plays are predictable.

He has been this way his whole career as a HC in the way he handles his running backs. If you go back and look at Westbrook's then Mcoys game log in rushing attempts it looks alot like JCs does now.

He has had a couple years where he attempted to be more balanced but overall he has about 35 to 25 pass to run ratio and its been that way here as well.

I don't really care that we pass that much just don't be so predictable with things.

I don't think the run pass distro matters to him a lot when compared to can we run anything that will work.

Smith had a nearly 400 yard game as the Bengals are weak in the secondary, and it got even worse when Pacman left.

Subbing out Charles for West when they got closer was absurd.

Passing on them to open the run was wise, they just didn't run enough in the redzone and constantly rolled in the wrong rb.

Yeah, I don't think he looks at those things as much after the game. I also think that he might think he's saving Charles for the longrun. But I was talking about running a lot and then not, as opposed to strict ratio. That seems like he's either resting Charles, trying to be unpredictable, or I suppose, forgetting (using this term loosely, not literally) Charles, etc. When he ignores the run or consistently does a ratio... that's not what I'm talking about.

Not only was Andy Dalton not sacked...according to what I read, he wasn't hit once. 

So much for our feared pass rush. One sack in 2 games. Horrible Oline plus zero pass rush equals blowout losses.

The lack of D is definitely the most shocking aspect of the last 3 games.  I really thought the D was going to be a force this year.

The lack of D is definitely the most shocking aspect of the last 3 games. I really thought the D was going to be a force this year.

Yeah...and no one can really explain it other than all ways different situations can go went wrong for us. Examples: Berry came back but is not the same guy. He doesn't even look like he is enjoying being out there. DJ isn't the same coming back from his stuff...Poe isn't 100 %. Every scenario where we had an issue and the arrow could have pointed up or down...it seems all our defensive arrows are pointing down.

Yeah...and no one can really explain it other than all ways different situations can go went wrong for us. Examples: Berry came back but is not the same guy. He doesn't even look like he is enjoying being out there. DJ isn't the same coming back from his stuff...Poe isn't 100 %. Every scenario where we had an issue and the arrow could have pointed up or down...it seems all our defensive arrows are pointing down.

We ASSUMED that when these guys came back they would be the same as before. They aren't.

At this point I'm not opposed to canning Reid at the end of the season. I'm not confident in his approach. I'm really liking Carolina D-Coordinator Sean McDermott (Jim Johnson lineage).

I don't think so. As much as a thorn Andy can be, I don't think you fire him unless it's a disaster.

That would be the 4th Head Coach we will have burned through in a decade. It will not look good when the Chiefs toss out a possible HoF coach because we got impatient.

Possible replacements will notice and it goes a long way when it comes to landing a good replacement in the future.

Unless we're the worst team in the NFL, you give him a mulligan with conditions (dump bad assistants).

I don't think so. As much as a thorn Andy can be, I don't think you fire him unless it's a disaster.

That would be the 4th Head Coach we will have burned through in a decade. It will not look good when the Chiefs toss out a possible HoF coach because we got impatient.

Possible replacements will notice and it goes a long way when it comes to landing a good replacement in the future.

Unless we're the worst team in the NFL, you give him a mulligan with conditions (dump bad assistants).

You know, I agree with keeping Andy. However, I don't think I can take it much longer if I see another time where we could get a field goal with five minutes or less down by two or more scores. You're not going to get the ball back. There's a slight possibility but you have to act like you're not. Kicking a field goal still left it a two score game.

Guest okchief64

Andy did ok when they were bad with no real expectations. Win games and people expect more, but then the coach plays safe and makes no aggressive play calls on offense or defense. Playing safe is for losers. Find your balls or leave Andy. The team is there, where are you?

Andy did ok when they were bad with no real expectations. Win games and people expect more, but then the coach plays safe and makes no aggressive play calls on offense or defense. Playing safe is for losers. Find your balls or leave Andy. The team is there, where are you?

Yes a Good Man would Resign

Andy and Dorsey better have some answers and fast. They need to explain for Alex Smith and how they destroyed their own line and why Sutton sucks at his job.

What they need and do is very different. BOth are at the Buffet table while we fans throw up.

• 2 weeks later...

In all honesty, I don't think Reid should stop calling plays. The plays, for the most part, aren't that bad. It's the execution of the plays that's abysmal. I have problems with Reid for several reasons, but his play calling is far from terrible. I'd like to see him run the ball more, sure. When you watch open receivers all over the field week after week and its either the line or the QB or both making those plays fail it makes it hard to call Reid out for it as a play caller. My problems with Reid boil down to who he's chosen to keep on his staff, his time management, and the fact that it appears the team just doesn't play hard for him anymore. Andy Heck, Eugene Chung, Matt Nagy, Corey Matthaei, and Bob Sutton need to hit the road as coaches, for sure. Reid, remains high on the chopping block too, I just don't think its his play calling that's the problem most of the time (there are times, but all OCs have their moments).

In all honesty, I don't think Reid should stop calling plays. The plays, for the most part, aren't that bad. It's the execution of the plays that's abysmal. I have problems with Reid for several reasons, but his play calling is far from terrible. I'd like to see him run the ball more, sure. When you watch open receivers all over the field week after week and its either the line or the QB or both making those plays fail it makes it hard to call Reid out for it as a play caller. My problems with Reid boil down to who he's chosen to keep on his staff, his time management, and the fact that it appears the team just doesn't play hard for him anymore. Andy Heck, Eugene Chung, Matt Nagy, Corey Matthaei, and Bob Sutton need to hit the road as coaches, for sure. Reid, remains high on the chopping block too, I just don't think its his play calling that's the problem most of the time (there are times, but all OCs have their moments).

I agree. I've said before that I think if Reid thought he could call a play for a 35 yd strike downfield I'm pretty sure he'd take it. He has no confidence in either the line or the QB. And then again maybe he does call plays downfield but Capt. Check Down throws to the flat instead.

Andy Reid needs to give up calling plays so that he can figure out why his team flat sucks on game day instead of how many screens he will call the next series.

Pederson has shown his ability to call plays in the pre season and the Head Coach needs to focus on coaching his team.

I agree. I've said before that I think if Reid thought he could call a play for a 35 yd strike downfield I'm pretty sure he'd take it. He has no confidence in either the line or the QB. And then again maybe he does call plays downfield but Capt. Check Down throws to the flat instead.

My question is, IF Reid knows that AS11 can't make the throws, then why is he in the game? Is Aaron Murray that bad that he can't get some snaps? Damn the kid has been in the system for a year and half. Murray has good pocket presence, a decent arm and can throw on the run.

Why not put the kid in? Hell, there's really no way he can be worse the Smith.

Smith goes through two progressions: First Read - Maclin/Kelce. Second read - Checkdown. How hard is that???

I know Murray can throw screen passes. So what's the deal??

My question is, IF Reid knows that AS11 can't make the throws, then why is he in the game? Is Aaron Murray that bad that he can't get some snaps? Damn the kid has been in the system for a year and half. Murray has good pocket presence, a decent arm and can throw on the run.

Why not put the kid in? Hell, there's really no way he can be worse the Smith.

Smith goes through two progressions: First Read - Maclin/Kelce. Second read - Checkdown. How hard is that???

I know Murray can throw screen passes. So what's the deal??

Dorsey and Reid payed draft picks and cash for AS11. Admitting failure is difficult.

You can't blame Alex Smith for everything...  Andy Reid isn't committed to the run, he doesn't throw enough screen passes, and he doesn't use his personnel properly.

If the Chiefs were smart, in the offseason Reid would be gone.  At the VERY least, Reid needs to give up play-calling and focus on the big picture.  He has not been good - at all.

Dunno on that one.

That is a pretty amazing stat. Only 8 times has Charles gotten 20 carries.

Archived