your game plan for Bears

Andy usually has 2 or 3 games a year where he remembers JC is pretty good back and it's legal to run as he sticks to it the whole game.

If the front 7 show up this game and don't put us in a early then you might see him do it this game.

Exactly. The problem with the heavy running game, is that if you go 3 and out 3 times in a row, you could be down 21 -0 really quick. Running the ball is typically synonymous with playing good defense...which we have not been doing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly. The problem with the heavy running game, is that if you go 3 and out 3 times in a row, you could be down 21 -0 really quick. Running the ball is typically synonymous with playing good defense...which we have not been doing.

Well I'll take my chances giving the ball to Charles 9 or 12 straight times and I bet he breaks one or scores and I guarantee he get some first downs. Then you can throw so quick slants, bubble screens etc.

Game plan eh...

Defensive Player Personnel:

Bench Poe (not 100% and it shows), Berry (he doesn't look good on the field), Mauga (sucks ass), and Hali (has lost a step and was slow to begin with). Play Wilson at ILB, Howard at NT, Abdullah at SS, and Ford at OLB.

Cut Fleming and Cooper and sign any 2 guys off the street of your choosing to try and fix that fucking atrocity. Activate Nelson to play the slot with Smith and Peters on the outside. Remind me again why the fuck Nelson hasn't been active??? When teams go 4 wide, move Parker down to CB, put Abdullah at FS, and put Branch in at SS.

Defensive Strategy:

Ditch this single-high shit show. Play a mix of press man with safeties over the top and cover 2 zone. Sick of watching off-man coverage with a single-high get toasted.

Blitz. Blitz your fucking ILBs. Rush Houston on 3rd down, your best pass rusher shouldn't be in coverage.

Offensive Player Personnel:

Fix the damn RG position already. I don't know what KC has to do, but they need to find an answer fast. Jeff Allen isn't good, but he isn't as bad as LDT and Fulton have played so far. Move a guy up off the practice squad if need be. Find a solution and quit sticking to a shit show. You have a rookie center that has flashed, but has also gotten beat. Fisher has played well at RT (yes, he has), but between him Grubbs teams are getting insane pressure.

Bench Alex $&%*ING Smith!  The guy i splaying scared, period. He's getting 3 second drops and taking sacks. He's looking at his running back in the backfield for 2 seconds on some plays without a play action. He is missing wide open receivers down the field at an epic clip. It isn't as much on the o-line as people think if they watch play clips and count the time he has, as well as see open receivers. I've put up with him long enough. He needs to go. Play Daniel, at least he's shown he'll man up in the pocket and deliver down the field in the face of pressure. The Chiefs need that right now.

Offensive Strategy:

Run the damn football. You have the most explosive running back in NFL history. You have young offensive lineman. Let them be nasty and give them a break from constant pass blocking. Let your best playmaker make plays. I mean, its really that simple. And give the man REPS and the ball in the red zone!!!

Quit pulling Grubbs! He's fine in his area and gets the job done, quit running him around to pick up backside defensive ends and that sort of bullshit. Let him block his man so that your center and RG can somehow manage to block the other DT.

Quit running a bubble screen to a WR every 3 plays. You have to push vertical as well as horizontal or teams sit on that. You notice that when KC starts pushing the ball down the field even a marginal amount that everything underneath works better? Yeah, me too.

Don't give the ball to DAT every time he's on the field. I mean, its kinda easy to defend when you know the guy is getting the ball every time he sets foot on the grass.

Keep Knile Davis on the bench, best damn decision you ever made coach. Now, give West a chance to actually do something instead of getting him killed with a 1 yard pass in traffic every time.

Hell I could keep goin. That's my plan. Don't worry about the Bears, they are good enough at beating themselves. KC needs to focus on getting themselves better.

Game plan eh...

Bench Poe (not 100% and it shows), Berry (he doesn't look good on the field), Mauga (sucks ass), and Hali (has lost a step and was slow to begin with). Play Wilson at ILB, Howard at NT, Abdullah at SS, and Ford at OLB.

Cut Fleming and Cooper and sign any 2 guys off the street of your choosing to try and fix that fucking atrocity. Activate Nelson to play the slot with Smith and Peters on the outside. Remind me again why the fuck Nelson hasn't been active??? When teams go 4 wide, move Parker down to CB, put Abdullah at FS, and put Branch in at SS.

Defensive Strategy:

Ditch this single-high shit show. Play a mix of press man with safeties over the top and cover 2 zone. Sick of watching off-man coverage with a single-high get toasted.

Blitz. Blitz your fucking ILBs. Rush Houston on 3rd down, your best pass rusher shouldn't be in coverage.

Fix the damn RG position already. I don't know what KC has to do, but they need to find an answer fast. Jeff Allen isn't good, but he isn't as bad as LDT and Fulton have played so far. Move a guy up off the practice squad if need be. Find a solution and quit sticking to a shit show. You have a rookie center that has flashed, but has also gotten beat. Fisher has played well at RT (yes, he has), but between him Grubbs teams are getting insane pressure.

Bench Alex $&%*ING Smith! The guy i splaying scared, period. He's getting 3 second drops and taking sacks. He's looking at his running back in the backfield for 2 seconds on some plays without a play action. He is missing wide open receivers down the field at an epic clip. It isn't as much on the o-line as people think if they watch play clips and count the time he has, as well as see open receivers. I've put up with him long enough. He needs to go. Play Daniel, at least he's shown he'll man up in the pocket and deliver down the field in the face of pressure. The Chiefs need that right now.

Offensive Strategy:

Run the damn football. You have the most explosive running back in NFL history. You have young offensive lineman. Let them be nasty and give them a break from constant pass blocking. Let your best playmaker make plays. I mean, its really that simple. And give the man REPS and the ball in the red zone!!!

Quit pulling Grubbs! He's fine in his area and gets the job done, quit running him around to pick up backside defensive ends and that sort of bullshit. Let him block his man so that your center and RG can somehow manage to block the other DT.

Quit running a bubble screen to a WR every 3 plays. You have to push vertical as well as horizontal or teams sit on that. You notice that when KC starts pushing the ball down the field even a marginal amount that everything underneath works better? Yeah, me too.

Don't give the ball to DAT every time he's on the field. I mean, its kinda easy to defend when you know the guy is getting the ball every time he sets foot on the grass.

Keep Knile Davis on the bench, best damn decision you ever made coach. Now, give West a chance to actually do something instead of getting him killed with a 1 yard pass in traffic every time.

Hell I could keep goin. That's my plan. Don't worry about the Bears, they are good enough at beating themselves. KC needs to focus on getting themselves better.

I disagree with the QB part, but I'll leave it be. PhataLerror's going to have a field day if he doesn't choose to ignore such claims. I mean, it should go to Murray if Smith were benched.

I disagree with the QB part, but I'll leave it be. PhataLerror's going to have a field day if he doesn't choose to ignore such claims. I mean, it should go to Murray if Smith were benched.

His field day is on ignore. One only needs to watch the plays unfold. If you can't see shit like this over and over again, well sorry. Alex Smith fucking blows shit chunks. The Alex Smith apologists irk my shit and you guys wonder why I don't come around as often anymore.

qtnTE3g.gif

His field day is on ignore. One only needs to watch the plays unfold. If you can't see shit like this over and over again, well sorry. Alex Smith fucking blows shit chunks. The Alex Smith apologists irk my shit and you guys wonder why I don't come around as often anymore.

qtnTE3g.gif

No he doesn't blow shit chunks.

We threw for 380 yards, controlled the clock and punted only twice all game against one of the leagues best defenses on the road.

Call better plays in the red zone and use our star RB more than 11 carries. Unlike the fourth quarter of the Packers game, our stats weren't as much garbage time. It was competitive until the red zone, something that Cincinatti focused on (figured something out - no it's not just figuring out the quarterback, it's figuring out what plays the coach calls, the concern over losing yards due to sacks when you're so close, and the preference of field goals over taking a risk of getting nothing or a turnover. Some of that philosophy is quarterback but some of it is the coach.)

No he doesn't blow shit chunks.

I disagree. He blows shit chunks. They bring 7 on that blitz, and dipshit actually recognizes the blitz. But his natural reaction is to dump it to the RB. Which is why the bengals had a man on the RB asap.

If AS11 just slides to right, and keeps his eyes downfield, he has a shot at a TD with 2 WR's!!

Know, I now good and damn well that the coaching staff can see this shit. Along with all of the other Offensive players. If you're a player on this offense with AS11 as qb, how in the hell can you be optimistic? How can you have hope, when you know AS11 is going to shit the bed if they blitz him?

Hell our oline sucks, but if they blitz more than you can block, then the qb has to MAKE THEM PAY!!!

qtnTE3g.gif

This clip is the main reason I think they should Daniels a shot. Chase would stood in there took the shot, and made a throw. Even if it was incomplete, the defense would have to respect it.

I disagree. He blows shit chunks. They bring 7 on that blitz, and dipshit actually recognizes the blitz. But his natural reaction is to dump it to the RB. Which is why the bengals had a man on the RB asap.

If AS11 just slides to right, and keeps his eyes downfield, he has a shot at a TD with 2 WR's!!

Know, I now good and damn well that the coaching staff can see this shit. Along with all of the other Offensive players. If you're a player on this offense with AS11 as qb, how in the hell can you be optimistic? How can you have hope, when you know AS11 is going to shit the bed if they blitz him?

Hell our oline sucks, but if they blitz more than you can block, then the qb has to MAKE THEM PAY!!!

No, he doesn't.

Game plan eh...

Defensive Strategy:

Bench Alex $&%*ING Smith! The guy i splaying scared, period. He's getting 3 second drops and taking sacks. He's looking at his running back in the backfield for 2 seconds on some plays without a play action. He is missing wide open receivers down the field at an epic clip. It isn't as much on the o-line as people think if they watch play clips and count the time he has, as well as see open receivers. I've put up with him long enough. He needs to go. Play Daniel, at least he's shown he'll man up in the pocket and deliver down the field in the face of pressure. The Chiefs need that right now.

Offensive Strategy:

Exactly what I've been saying but much better written.

No, he doesn't.

Smith's gotta go.

I don't care who they put in, at this point.  Daniel, Murray, Bray, bring back Pryor, whoever.

AS is just brutal to watch.  Even Matt Fu$%ing Cassel would push the ball down the field.

The oline sucks.  But, we can't keep blaming them for Smith's ineptness.  He has the time.

Smith's gotta go.

I don't care who they put in, at this point. Daniel, Murray, Bray, bring back Pryor, whoever.

AS is just brutal to watch. Even Matt Fu$%ing Cassel would push the ball down the field.

The oline sucks. But, we can't keep blaming them for Smith's ineptness. He has the time.

No, he doesn't. Smith and the oline growing together this year will be better. Maybe not good enough, but better than they have been, better than Murray or Daniel. Let's agree to disagree on that.

As long as we're mathematically in it, Smith's the guy. Matt Cassel would at least throw more stupid INTs (though Smith's Packer one was stupid). Brett Favre overcomes most of his interceptions, Cassel does not. Daniel's not the guy and he'd be figured out quickly without much future here.

I don't really listen to any argument for Daniel or Cassel. Only guy I could see is Murray or drafting someone next year. At least with Murray, you would know the mistakes what are youth and he could build upon it.

Guest Okiechief1

What's funny about all this is Smith is going down field just as much as Brady has and slightly more than Rogers. He has gotten better at that.

Thing is I would bet the majority of his down field attempts have been when we were down and he was trying to get the team back into it versus early in the game not wanting to risk anything.

What's funny about all this is Smith is going down field just as much as Brady has and slightly more than Rogers. He has gotten better at that.

Thing is I would bet the majority of his down field attempts have been when we were down and he was trying to get the team back into it versus early in the game not wanting to risk anything.

Smith figured out his taking what the defense gives him before Harbaugh came. He finished the year before Harbaugh with 10 touchdowns and two interceptions to end the season. Harbaugh embraced it and so did Reid to a point. We need to stop embracing it by pushing the check downs to 4-5 yards instead of -2 to 2 yards. Fewer short designed passes. If he's going to check down, make it further away. Don't have the quick short passes, make him throw it away. And coming out of the gates as if they are down. It's not ALL garbage time, though some of it is strategical (defend red zone more).

Some of these sacks that people claim he has time for, is him trying to go down the field more than he did last year. If he wanted to replicate last year, he could. So some of this is growth. (I know, I know, growth for a veteran? But it was something that was beat into him and I feel he is finally trying to go deeper. Last year, seemed like the service.)

I do realize that the air yards is the same or less this year, I just feel the sacks are trying for deeper throws. More of these sacks being on him because he's holding it waiting for a deeper throw. I have seen him pass up on check downs and then take a sack. So the completions are the same or lower in regards to air yards and yards after catch, but I feel the attempts are better.

As you pointed out he has gone down field more this year. We need him to get it more consistently and throw the ball away instead of taking sacks.

He's trying to go down field a bit more this year than at any point since he came over to KC. I'm not mad at him for that. What makes Alex Smith a terrible QB is his tendency to focus on a single hot read, or one read and check down, all the while missing wide open targets all over the field. That's why I posted the Bengals clip, its case-in-point. This, to me, is a product of playing scared. He has David Carr syndrome and there usually is no coming back from it.

He's trying to go down field a bit more this year than at any point since he came over to KC. I'm not mad at him for that. What makes Alex Smith a terrible QB is his tendency to focus on a single hot read, or one read and check down, all the while missing wide open targets all over the field. That's why I posted the Bengals clip, its case-in-point. This, to me, is a product of playing scared. He has David Carr syndrome and there usually is no coming back from it.

I'll accept that. Of course, I don't see him as terrible, just not playing well enough. If what you say is true about Carr, then he never will. I do think he and the oline will get better as time goes but making no claims on how much better nor it being good enough.

First half at Green Bay, he didn't attempt anything over 9 yards in first half.

Damn fine assessment Crow. Hard to argue with any of it. As far as the Alex Smith debate. I am very disappointed with him games 2 and 3. Not sure U would bench him just yet, but if he doesn't play better against these easier teams, I will have to agree it's time to see what Daniels can do to decide what to do about next year. No sure thing that Daniels is an upgrade, but I would hate to let him go without finding out.

Damn fine assessment Crow. Hard to argue with any of it. As far as the Alex Smith debate. I am very disappointed with him games 2 and 3. Not sure U would bench him just yet, but if he doesn't play better against these easier teams, I will have to agree it's time to see what Daniels can do to decide what to do about next year. No sure thing that Daniels is an upgrade, but I would hate to let him go without finding out.

YEP YEP!

Archived