Not that many of you will care

But the Chiefs have had the toughest schedule of anyone in the NFL. As of today their strength of schedule (SoS) is .813, the next closest is Baltimore with a .750.

I know if they had beaten Den, GB, and or Cinci the SoS wouldn't be as high but it would stll be higher than any of the undefeated teams.

The undefeated teams SoS looks like this.

Denver .250

Car .250

GB .313

Cinci .375

Atl .375

NE .417

But the Chiefs have had the toughest schedule of anyone in the NFL. As of today their strength of schedule (SoS) is .813, the next closest is Baltimore with a .750.

I know if they had beaten Den, GB, and or Cinci the SoS wouldn't be as high but it would stll be higher than any of the undefeated teams.

Denver .250

Car .250

GB .313

Cinci .375

Atl .375

NE .417

Yep, I would take our games out to get a better gauge, but when someone says 4-12, I say, wre're not playing DEN/CIN/GB every four weeks. I feel our floor is 7-9 by going 2-2 every 4 at least. 9-7 is the reasonable ceiling, 10-6 is the homer and 6-10 is the pessimist. 11-5 and 5-11 are out of the question for me, not just for symmetrical reasons.

Denver .250

Car .250

GB .313

Cinci .375

Atl .375

NE .417

I was aware of this, Denver has not played GB, Bengals etc yet. We should be 2-2.

and as was said earlier, it is not the fact that we lost but how bad we have looked in doing so....

We should be 2-2, Broncos could be 1-3. But we're not and they're not. Flacco INT in game 1, Charles fumble in Game 2, don't know week 3, Vikings fumble in Game 4. All at the end of the game.

When these things happen for you, you ignore the bad. When they go against you, you can dwell on the last mistake or everything looks bad.

In regard to the Seattle-Detroit game, Jeff Daniels was saying, don't fumble the ball and you don't have to worry about the refs. Seattle would have likely rightfully lost on a technicality as opposed to wrongfully won on a technicality being ignored. The ball was going out of bounds anyway.

I don't mind losing but like everyone is saying show some damn fight and heart. I want to see this team get nasty and play on the edge. Enough of this pussy shit. Bengals Broncs and pack all made sure they hit Alex early and often with no care about taking a 15 yd penalty. It's the formula to beat us. Do the bloody same Chiefs!

I concur. This team looks like it has no fight in it. Where is the fire? Where is the talk coming out of Arrowhead 1 saying, "Losing is not acceptable but losing like you just don't care is inexcusable"!! I want to see someone over there act like they give a damn. Instead it's, "Oh well we lost. On to next week and hope we do better." I can handle the losing...but punch the other guys in the mouth and make em feel they earned it at least.

All this proves to me is that KC isn't ready to play with the big dogs of the NFL, which means they aren't ready to do anything in the playoffs (which I highly doubt they get to anyhow).

Exactly! Some people are running around here telling everyone to "step away from the ledge" because our schedule gets easier????

WTF? If you can't beat or even compete with the Good Teams, then what the hell is the purpose?

What does beating shitty teams prove???????

For those of you who believe you have to beat the big dogs, power house, or whatever you want to call them just remember the Chiefs did beat the top 2 last year and what did it get them? Nothing, so no you don't have to beat the best or even be the best to win the SB. NE, NYG (×2), and several other SB champs weren't the best when they won it all. All they had to do was get hot at the right time, make it into the playoffs, and get some breaks.

For those of you who believe you have to beat the big dogs, power house, or whatever you want to call them just remember the Chiefs did beat the top 2 last year and what did it get them? Nothing, so no you don't have to beat the best or even be the best to win the SB. NE, NYG (×2), and several other SB champs weren't the best when they won it all. All they had to do was get hot at the right time, make it into the playoffs, and get some breaks.

We're in the process of trying to just make the playoffs, haven't really gotten that hot for four games in a row, and when have we gotten any breaks past the start of 2013? We have had most of the controversial calls go against us. We do get to face Steelers without Big Ben, but also lost a home game to London. I'm not one to say that we can't do it, but yeah, all I have is hope. But I'm also not going to act like stating that something that is improbable isn't possible as if I'm any smarter than any of us. It's just not likely and I'm hoping that we do.

And freakin lost to the eventual 2-14 titans and at the time winless 0-10 Raiders...  You absolutely HAVE to win those games if they are to succeed.

Like KC said, sure there is hope, it's all Chief fans ever have.  "Hope" they can make it happen. But the probability isn't on the chiefs side.  I just don't see how anyone, who has followed this team for any amount of time, could be positive about it happening...

Sorry, my 25+ years of following this team just isn't allowing me to see the half full glass.  Been kicked in the gut TOOOOO many times.

And freakin lost to the eventual 2-14 titans and at the time winless 0-10 Raiders...  You absolutely HAVE to win those games if they are to succeed.

And in the meantime they stole games from the Seahawks and the Patriots. Philosophically, winning games against the eventual Super Bowl contenders shouldn't be any less valid than losing games against two of the first four teams awarded a selection in the following year's draft.

Great teams beat bad teams. The Chiefs weren't a great team in 2014. It's time to move forward. So far, the Chiefs have at least beaten bad teams. I need to see at least one result against a middle-of-the-road team to know what kind of team this Chiefs team is.

Archived