Game Thread Mauga Cooper Wilson Inactive

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patiently waiting for the Alex Smith fans to tell me what a great game he played and how none of it was his fault and blah fucking blah.

I'm a Chiefs fan that believed Smith was better than its been, not a Smith fan. But I have nothing to say to defend him. A reasonable football fan will see other issues we have, but it doesn't matter, it doesn't excuse his issues. I have nothing to defend Smith, even if those other factors might have lead to a win (as all one point losses do).

I'm a Chiefs fan that believed Smith was better than its been, not a Smith fan. But I have nothing to say to defend him. A reasonable football fan will see other issues we have, but it doesn't matter, it doesn't excuse his issues. I have nothing to defend Smith, even if those other factors might have lead to a win (as all one point losses do).

There is really no way to defend smith. Cutler was under pressure all day, but kept his eyes DOWNFIELD, and delivered strikes that AS11 cannot make. Smith doesn't have the arm strength, accuracy or confidence to do what cutler was doing. Or Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Derrick Carr, Matt Stafford, Peyton Manning...etc...etc..

There is really no way to defend smith. Cutler was under pressure all day, but kept his eyes DOWNFIELD, and delivered strikes that AS11 cannot make. Smith doesn't have the arm strength, accuracy or confidence to do what cutler was doing. Or Rodgers, Matt Ryan, Derrick Carr, Matt Stafford, Peyton Manning...etc...etc..

Question is: Who's got to go: Reid or Smith? Would you consider giving Reid another shot with another QB?

Question is: Who's got to go: Reid or Smith? Would you consider giving Reid another shot with another QB?

That's a good question. If I had to chose who would go first, it would be Smith. I think Reid dials up pass plays that may work if he had a better qb.

Neither will go. Andy Reid is the big reel that Clark Hunt was dying for....he will give Andy a mulligan and at most will demand Andy to make some staff and philosophy changes.

The Chiefs would take too big of a cap hit till 2017. He will be on the roster for at least one more season. Stupid as hell for giving him a 4 year extension.

I don't think Jamaal being out dooms the Chiefs tbh. They were doomed with him and the Chiefs actually played arguably their best period of football without him last season.

Neither will go. Andy Reid is the big reel that Clark Hunt was dying for....he will give Andy a mulligan and at most will demand Andy to make some staff and philosophy changes.

The Chiefs would take too big of a cap hit till 2017. He will be on the roster for at least one more season. Stupid as hell for giving him a 4 year extension.

We're pretty much stuck with Smith for at least another year. 

We're pretty much stuck with Smith for at least another year.

Yep, sure are. Best outcome would be Alex taking a pay cut. If he's such a great guy and team player, he will agree to half his salary IMO.

That would be the best outcome if they draft a young high upside guy. Alex plays one more year on the supet cheap while young kid is developed for 2017 takeover.

Here's the list of WRs the Bears had today.

Marquess Wilson

Josh Bellamy

Cameron Meredith (former QB at Illinois State)

Marc Mariani

Total ass, so they had the ability to double Bennett for sure. They just got torched instead.

Cutler has just okay protection, bad targets and still made throws to win it. People talked shit on Cutler and how Alex Smith was so much better.

Well so much for that.

Archived