Alex Smith has PTSD

Post Traumatic SACK disorder.

Smith hears footsteps and feels pressure in the pocket when it's not there. Takes his eyes off the field and starts looking for escape routes. 

He locks in on Macklin/Kelce, and freaks out when they're not open. I know Reid see's this shit on film, but he keeps rolling Smith out there every week hoping Smith is gonna have some kinda of QB revelation??

I wish Clark would step in and demand Reid make some changes or else. 

Can really blame this loss on the defense, per say. Sutton stopped blitzing in the second half, but kept running man defense even when we were not getting any pressure. Can't cover your man for 6-7 seconds....

Houston is content with his money so there's nothing for him to prove, and Hali just can't seem to get there anymore. Gotta give Ford the reps and see if he is part of the future. Howard is going to keep playing hard becuase this is a contract year. Peters and smith are good, but we will lose smith.

The loss today was all on the offense.

Guest Okiechief1

One of the things that worried me at the time the trade happened was Reid has had an infuation with AS since he first came out of college and that infuation was Pioli/Cassel level. Pioli never saw that it was time to move on.

Will Reid?

It really is sad to watch. I have supported Alex Smith all along, but this offensive line has ruined him for now. It is obvious to me that he really is concerned about getting hurt, and his play has deteriorated as a result. 

If this team has the character that Andy Reid claims and manages to rally at all this season, it will be too late to contend. I think this season of such high hopes is over.

One of the things that worried me at the time the trade happened was Reid has had an infuation with AS since he first came out of college and that infuation was Pioli/Cassel level. Pioli never saw that it was time to move on.

Will Reid?

Great point. I saw the same infatuation. And I do think reid will "go down" with the Smith ship..

He needs to sit. I said it last week. I think it is time to give Chase Daniel the ball. He may be able to handle the pressure better. At this point, the Chiefs need to salvage whatever they can of the season. We are only 5 games into the season, but the team looks dysfunctional, and I am afraid the HC is about to lose the confidence of his team. 

What I have learned from watching year after year of football, NCAA and NFL...

A good QB makes a "bad" offensive line look a lot better.  A bad QB makes a "good" offensive line look a lot worse.

Alex Smith isn't seeing the field, he can't read defenses or progress through his reads, and he INSTINCTIVELY checks down, eliminating a potential big gain through the air on play after play. 

Bledsoe played behind a "horrible" offensive line that got him nearly killed, literally.  Once he was hurt, Tom Brady won a Super Bowl behind that SAME offensive line that was "horrible" only a few months prior.

A good QB makes a "bad" offensive line look a lot better.  A bad QB makes a "good" offensive line look a lot worse.

Alex Smith isn't seeing the field, he can't read defenses or progress through his reads, and he INSTINCTIVELY checks down, eliminating a potential big gain through the air on play after play. 

Bledsoe played behind a "horrible" offensive line that got him nearly killed, literally.  Once he was hurt, Tom Brady won a Super Bowl behind that SAME offensive line that was "horrible" only a few months prior.

F.I.T.M.

i saw that again today, all AS had to do was throw the ball and let maclin catch it in stride and do the rest but as others have said smith will not throw the ball if the defender is within a yard of the rcvr, te or rb...it does not matter.

also saw a play in the first half where a bear defender came through the line and smith immediately went into the fetal position he is shell shocked

This guy gets it.

Archived