Alex Smith is Matt Cassel

Were these stats in the original post massaged to make the 2 show really similar? I put them both in here and came up with this.http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=SmitAl03&p2=CassMa00&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Not really a smith fan personally but let's at least use the real numbers if we're comparing.

It's to give a similar type of "test numbers"

The per game average comparison is the one that matters, which results in rather similar figures.

Cassel and Smith are different throwers, obviously. The overall point is the 16 million dollar man has career back up figures.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's to give a similar type of "test numbers"

The per game average comparison is the one that matters, which results in rather similar figures.

Cassel and Smith are different throwers, obviously. The overall point is the 16 million dollar man has career back up figures.

Coloring the data to make it more favorable to your argument (which absolutely rests of statistical comparisons) does not become intellectually honest discourse.

The next time you make Smith's favorable numbers vanish, you should make that clear. That would be the appropriate thing to do.

Coloring the data to make it more favorable to your argument (which absolutely rests of statistical comparisons) does not become intellectually honest discourse.

The next time you make Smith's favorable numbers vanish, you should make that clear. That would be the appropriate thing to do.

You're incredibly ignorant.

No deception.

I've been clear all along. I'm the anti 1990's Chiefs fan type of fan.

Trying to load up quickly and hope for the best has always been ignorant. Take your time and most importantly, do it right.

We had a guy here doing just that, he just wasn't a great X's and O's guy and Herm got ran out of here in result.

He would probably still be here and very successful imo, if he got Matt Ryan in 08 like he wanted. Still had the best talent infusion for KC in a long time.

Shit game day coach, but damn he could shop for groceries.

Since than, Pioli traded for a win now QB and tried to load up with savvy cheap vets. Total fail, but he at least has a fivision title to show for it.

Dorsey tries to load up with some bad FA acquisitions mostly and a lopsided trade. That plan has gone bust.

Pioli and Dorsey have squandered some great talent.

Than you got people who want an all class D or the 2003 Offense. This team needs to strive for some true all around balance, besides balanced in suck.

This franchise always tries to take the short cuts and load heavy on one side or the other.

It typically leads to mediocre ball, and people will line up and buy tickets to the ahit for faint hope.

You can talk about your non homo love for Alex Smith all you want. You're not a Chiefs fan and you will never really understand.

Your word diarrhea isn't clever or savvy. It's dumb and fuck your QB. He stands for the root problem of this franchise.

I've read your shit and seen you and other su

dumb shit 49er fans toss Kaepernick under the bus while giving Alex Smith every excuse under the fucking sun.

"Wel Kapernick is awful" -Lets not talk about a dumb coaching staff, not all pro receiver group, old man click clack isn't Tony Gonzalez and there aren't 5 HoF linemen and he sure isn't handing the ball to a Jamaal Charles.

"Well Alex Smith just needs better receivers, line and omg play calling. It's Jamaals fault. If he had hall of famers all around, he will be good!"

I've read your **** and seen you and other su

dumb **** 49er fans toss Kaepernick under the bus while giving Alex Smith every excuse under the **** sun.

"Wel Kapernick is awful" -Lets not talk about a dumb coaching staff, not all pro receiver group, old man click clack isn't Tony Gonzalez and there aren't 5 HoF linemen and he sure isn't handing the ball to a Jamaal Charles.

"Well Alex Smith just needs better receivers, line and omg play calling. It's Jamaals fault. If he had hall of famers all around, he will be good!"

You're positively ignorant about the history of San Francisco fans and their sentiments about Colin Kaepernick. You didn't see any of the stuff I wrote between 2012 and 2013 about Colin Kaepernick because it's not publicly accessible, but I can assure you that I got ripped up and down about my opinions on Kaepernick in those days. I was ripping Kaepernick when it was uncool to do so.

I have an established history of being ahead of the curve when it comes to projecting players. There are excuses that can continue be made for Smith that will never be able to have been made for Kaepernick. You believe that top-tier quarterbacks can carry a team by themselves, and regardless of the fact that history proves this is not true, you will continue to believe it, and I will not be able to stop you. You accept without scrutiny the canonizing of players like Tom Brady, and you swallow whole the opinions of the networks in general. You cite biased sources and statistics without context as evidence supporting your opinions.

Let's just stop talking to each other, or about each other. Let this thread die, as trying to excuse your promotion of a misleading comparison has gone beyond being embarrassing.

You're positively ignorant about the history of San Francisco fans and their sentiments about Colin Kaepernick. You didn't see any of the stuff I wrote between 2012 and 2013 about Colin Kaepernick because it's not publicly accessible, but I can assure you that I got ripped up and down about my opinions on Kaepernick in those days. I was ripping Kaepernick when it was uncool to do so.

I have an established history of being ahead of the curve when it comes to projecting players. There are excuses that can continue be made for Smith that will never be able to have been made for Kaepernick. You believe that top-tier quarterbacks can carry a team by themselves, and regardless of the fact that history proves this is not true, you will continue to believe it, and I will not be able to stop you. You accept without scrutiny the canonizing of players like Tom Brady, and you swallow whole the opinions of the networks in general. You cite biased sources and statistics without context as evidence supporting your opinions.

Let's just stop talking to each other, or about each other. Let this thread die, as trying to excuse your promotion of a misleading comparison has gone beyond being embarrassing.

You're not ahead of the curve, just retarded.

AkmMWS6.jpg

Lol cya loser

And Colin Kaepernick is still better than Alex Smith. He has won more than tinyhands.

So has Cam Newton, 5-0 and won huge at Seaytle. Lol at anyone who tried to say Alex is better than Cam, who does it with obly one good target.

Newton, at this point, towers over smith.

Newton, at this point, towers over smith.

Seriously?

With the Panthers having played one fewer game compared to the Chiefs:

Newton's defense and special teams: 11 touchdowns allowed and 7 field goals allowed, 11 turnovers forced

Smith's defense and special teams: 18 touchdowns allowed and 9 field goals allowed, 7 turnovers forced

Newton's offense: 13 touchdowns and 8 field goals, 0 turnovers given up by Newton's supporting cast

Smith's offense: 11 touchdowns and 12 field goals, 8 turnovers given up by Smith's supporting cast

Sacks?: Newton's gone down 10 times, whereas Smith has gone down 23, almost twice as many per game.

No, I don't see how Newton is better than Smith. I just see a Carolina team for whom things are breaking for just as much as things are breaking against the Chiefs.

Seriously?

With the Panthers having played one fewer game compared to the Chiefs:

Newton's defense and special teams: 11 touchdowns allowed and 7 field goals allowed, 11 turnovers forced

Smith's defense and special teams: 18 touchdowns allowed and 9 field goals allowed, 7 turnovers forced

Newton's offense: 13 touchdowns and 8 field goals, 0 turnovers given up by Newton's supporting cast

Smith's offense: 11 touchdowns and 12 field goals, 8 turnovers given up by Smith's supporting cast

Sacks?: Newton's gone down 10 times, whereas Smith has gone down 23, almost twice as many per game.

No, I don't see how Newton is better than Smith. I just see a Carolina team for whom things are breaking for just as much as things are breaking against the Chiefs.

Cam newton

6/7 83 yards TD on game winning drive in Seattle.

What's a game winning drive?

Something that's forbidden in KC.

The Chiefs, if we’re being honest, probably would not have won with or without that fumble. Alex Smith has not led a game-winning touchdown drive in the last 5 minutes of a game since arriving in Kansas City, and there’s no particular reason to think he would’ve started now. But there is a special pain and shame when your hopes end when your left tackle essentially strips your running back.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article39814692.html

Whole article should really be read.

Archived