Our next quarterback........

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My expectations were low and they are still underwhelming.

I have been underwhelmed and overwhelmed. But I can't remember ever just being whelmed. What is whelmed anyway and why don't we use the word in everyday conversation? It's just one of the things I think about that no one has ever really answered.

I have been underwhelmed and overwhelmed. But I can't remember ever just being whelmed. What is whelmed anyway and why don't we use the word in everyday conversation? It's just one of the things I think about that no one has ever really answered.

It's like the word disgruntled.

I would like one time just to be whelmed. It seems to be just the right state to be in. Not overly, nor under, just whelmed. That would do it. I don't need to be overwhelmed by the Chiefs. In fact, do they play tomorrow? I guess I was so underwhelmed I forgot about them playing on Sunday. I will check in to see the score, but probably try to get a few things done. My daughter bought a house, and I have been trying to update it before she moves in. I will probably knock down more drywall, and clean up the messes I make. Destruction has a way of easing tensions, and increasing the endorphin naturally. I like tearing out sheet rock, and busting up stuff that needs to be moved just about as much as a psychopath loves doing what he or she does. Also, it serves a purpose. With the old stuff removed I can build back new and better. Kind of reminds me of a team that needs to do the same. Hmm... full circle. 

I would like one time just to be whelmed. It seems to be just the right state to be in. Not overly, nor under, just whelmed. That would do it. I don't need to be overwhelmed by the Chiefs. In fact, do they play tomorrow? I guess I was so underwhelmed I forgot about them playing on Sunday. I will check in to see the score, but probably try to get a few things done. My daughter bought a house, and I have been trying to update it before she moves in. I will probably knock down more drywall, and clean up the messes I make. Destruction has a way of easing tensions, and increasing the endorphin naturally. I like tearing out sheet rock, and busting up stuff that needs to be moved just about as much as a psychopath loves doing what he or she does. Also, it serves a purpose. With the old stuff removed I can build back new and better. Kind of reminds me of a team that needs to do the same. Hmm... full circle.

If you want to ease tensions by destroying things, maybe you should hype up your expectations about the game and regardless of whether we barely win or hugely lose, you'll be disappointed and you can take it out on the drywall. If you lower your expectations, or don't watch the game, you'll have to find something else to disappoint you. It's built in there, that's with the Chiefs are there for. Use them.

Yes he is.

Cant say I've watched a lot of Memphis football.

Part of me wants to see more film and part of me knows we'll never draft a real prospect.

If I had to form an opinion off what I seen, I think this kid can be a possible Round One player. Not a very well rounded round one talent pool and it's been starved for it for a long while.

Not a Kaepernick fan but he did some things today that Alex Smith is physically and mentally not capable of. So I can kind of see why Harbaugh chose him. He knew AS has many limitations and banked on Kaepernick's potential. Neither of them has really panned out. I don't want either of them.

The top two QBs in terms of standing in the face of pressure, or maneuvering through it, to make a play down field are Lynch and Goff. The problem is that both are Juniors. Whether or not either will declare is something we'll have to wait a long while on finding out.

The top two QBs in terms of standing in the face of pressure, or maneuvering through it, to make a play down field are Lynch and Goff. The problem is that both are Juniors. Whether or not either will declare is something we'll have to wait a long while on finding out.

chiefs will get the #1 pick and both will say.."Fuck that I'm not throwing 19 bubble screens a game while being physically destroyed behind a junk line.."

Maybe they didn't blow it. We replaced all of our offensive line and didn't really go after receivers that would help immediately. If they were trying to remain competitive while looking out for the future with Murray, they didn't blow it. Smith was supposed to be a placeholder until 2017, if Murray wasn't ready.

I've Never heard of a 5 year placeholder. lol   They should have known better from the start.  This is just pure idiocy on Dorsey and Reid's part.  Waiting to draft a QB for a few years late in the rounds for him to be QBOTF is just flat out stupid and makes 0 sense.  Especially when you are paying Alex Smith soooo much money. They could have easily brought another broke dick QB to hold down the fort for a fraction of the price.

I've Never heard of a 5 year placeholder. lol They should have known better from the start. This is just pure idiocy on Dorsey and Reid's part. Waiting to draft a QB for a few years late in the rounds for him to be QBOTF is just flat out stupid and makes 0 sense. Especially when you are paying Alex Smith soooo much money. They could have easily brought another broke dick QB to hold down the fort for a fraction of the price.

I suppose, but his per year average is middle of the league in terms of quarterback. I've heard people even after the extension calling Smith a placeholder.

Of all the people that are on our roster who you think will eventually be good or need development, when do you think they will be ready? It seems in 2017, the year it becomes easier to cut Smith. I do think the intent was to give Smith a chance, but they were looking to the future as far as the roster. And this is where I think that the lack of urgency for the line and receivers makes sense. The line should gel by 2017 and Conley should bring himself to be around Maclin.

It almost seems like it'd be better for Smith to be traded this off-season than to complete next season and be replaced with the team being all revved up. Someone on another board was showing how his contract isn't that bad as far as trades go. But it would have to be this off-season not next because he's cuttable. It's already a longshot for a trade, but definitely no one is trading for him if he is going to be cut. He was younger when we traded for him and regardless of compensation that other teams may have offered, there was interest last time. I don't think that there will be that much this time if he is to be on the block.

Guest Okiechief1

Alex salary is 14 million guaranteed next year. You would save about 7 mil by cutting him before June 1st. He also has 24 mil in dead money next year. Hali, DJ and Berry are all UFA after this season. They exercised their 5th year option on Poe in May so he is only going to cost 6 mil next year.

We only have roughly 115 million on the books next year.

Archived