Grow some thicker skin, Nancy. If "apologist" is the worst thing that you are ever called, you are doing pretty good.

It wasn't a name calling thing, it was about acting like one's views are black and white. Some of us come to the same conclusion with actual discussion but are lumped in together.

I just feel it's about the message, not the messenger.

I mean, I guess I see it more as a "I'm done with Smith regardless of any positives he may have or reasons he may have for not getting it done." Nothing about us, just like I shouldn't refer to anyone as a hater, as I know they also would acknowledge positives.

I've seen too often boards or groups getting beyond the team and getting into addressing of camps on one side or another. Just think the players, coaches, stats, etc. are enough to address without that stuff.

It's like when in the game thread, some posters remarked on looking forward to me describing how Smith had a great game - that's total sidetracking that ignores any of the negatives I have acknowledged about Smith. I know it's a joke, but I know people gloss over critiques and just see the black and whites. It's not about the word you used.

These discussions have to be happening. I don't think it is a matter of being to embarrassing giving up a Smith. If Daniels or Murray tear it up, they were brought in by this regime. They look smart by securing insurance in case Smith falls apart. I think they don't know who gives them the best chance to win.

These discussions have to be happening. I don't think it is a matter of being to embarrassing giving up a Smith. If Daniels or Murray tear it up, they were brought in by this regime. They look smart by securing insurance in case Smith falls apart. I think they don't know who gives them the best chance to win.

I think they don't know and won't try. IMO

It wasn't a name calling thing, it was about acting like one's views are black and white. Some of us come to the same conclusion with actual discussion but are lumped in together.

I just feel it's about the message, not the messenger.

I mean, I guess I see it more as a "I'm done with Smith regardless of any positives he may have or reasons he may have for not getting it done." Nothing about us, just like I shouldn't refer to anyone as a hater, as I know they also would acknowledge positives.

I've seen too often boards or groups getting beyond the team and getting into addressing of camps on one side or another. Just think the players, coaches, stats, etc. are enough to address without that stuff.

It's like when in the game thread, some posters remarked on looking forward to me describing how Smith had a great game - that's total sidetracking that ignores any of the negatives I have acknowledged about Smith. I know it's a joke, but I know people gloss over critiques and just see the black and whites. It's not about the word you used.

Stats and facts are fine. And, I am not above acknowledging Smith's positives. But, bottom line, he is not getting it done. Next man up. That goes for any other "starter" not getting it done.

I don't agree with that....

Self Preservation may include a change at QB.  I just don't think Andy Reid cares that much.  He has more money than he will ever spend.  It's all about winning for him and he needs to make changes or that is not going to happen.

Chiefs better put up 30 on the Vikings or begin to prepare for next year.  The defense needs to step up or 2-3 guys ( Tamba, DJ and Berry) need to sit.

w

West, you are vastly underestimating Reid's ego and stubbornness.  He believes he's the smartest man in any room he's in, Alex Smith is staying in.

West, you are vastly underestimating Reid's ego and stubbornness.  He believes he's the smartest man in any room he's in, Alex Smith is staying in.

I agree BS. It is very obvious, and Reid has even said, the offenses woes fall back on him (Reid). His ego is so "out of control" that he thinks the offense sucks because of him. Not because the oline talent is young and sucky, and not because his beloved qb has PTSD.

IMO, Reid thinks he so good, that he, himself can scheme and coach around the talent level he has on offense.. That's why we will not see Daniels or Murray anytime this year. Reid will continue to "tinker" and "tweak" the offense until he thinks he can make it work. Meanwhile, the team continues to lose games.

Ego and stubbornness indeed. However, to me, it sounds more like pure INSANITY!

Archived