Chiefs Biggest Problem Elway not Manning

I hate to admit it. But Elway is and has always been our biggest problem. He is putting together a great team, see defense, the way we hoped Dorsey was. I think Denver is ready for the next chapter at QB and that QB is on the roster. Manning has been average so far. There is no reason to think that team will see any downfall when he is gone. Denver and Elway look to rule the west for sometime and as usual. 

This is why I scoff at the idea you have to be a super genius to be a GM.

Elway was a player yes, but he also came right off the couch and Denver hasn't had a losing season under his regime.

Manning will be gone next year, but they will still have a top 5 Defense and a QB tailored for the Head Coaches offense. They're going to still be good, post Manning.

This franchise can't stop stepping on its dick long enough to be a winner.

This is why I scoff at the idea you have to be a super genius to be a GM.

Elway was a player yes, but he also came right off the couch and Denver hasn't had a losing season under his regime.

Manning will be gone next year, but they will still have a top 5 Defense and a QB tailored for the Head Coaches offense. They're going to still be good, post Manning.

This franchise can't stop stepping on its dick long enough to be a winner.

Good post liquid. I think the key here is that even though they replaced the coach, the talent is there. We go total new regimes every 3 years. Dorsey and Reid are getting worse weekly. We gave Dorsey credit for creating depth. We were fooled again. No Oline depth. No CB depth. Totally misfired at QB. Dee Ford and Fisher?

Guest Okiechief1

Denvers future will ultimately come down to Osweller. If he turns out to be good they're set. If he sucks it won't matter how good the D is.

While I do think the D is good, how good is the question as the majority of offenses they have faced aren't good to begin with.

The majority of the D will be gone over the next year or so do due rental agreements. This team was put together for a quick run. This is an all or nothing season. Mannings contract like many on the D is over at the end of the year or they are UFAs at the end of 2015 to include Oswieller, Miller, Evans, and Travathon to name a few.

Denvers future will ultimately come down to Osweller. If he turns out to be good they're set. If he sucks it won't matter how good the D is.

While I do think the D is good, how good is the question as the majority of offenses they have faced aren't good to begin with.

Well here's the thing. Osweller is being groomed to run that older style Denver offense shit which has been very successful before.

The offense is nearly dog shit right now with Manning, and they are still 5-0. It won't take a great offense to keep on winning.

If he's a mistake, they will move on quickly. When we make a mistake, we extend them.

The majority of the D will be gone over the next year or so do due rental agreements. This team was put together for a quick run. This is an all or nothing season. Mannings contract like many on the D is over at the end of the year or they are UFAs at the end of 2015 to include Oswieller, Miller, Evans, and Travathon to name a few.

So easy to predict. :blink:  Elway is a good GM. He gets talent there. He will likely continue to do good things. He even overcame the TEBOW Nightmare. Like it or not ..... With Elway ....  Denver is where players like to play. And oh by the way.... never heard anyone in Denver say they were building for a all or nothing run in Denver. Thats your opinion. Wish it were true but its only your opinion.

Guest Tomahawkchop

So easy to predict. :blink: Elway is a good GM. He gets talent there. He will likely continue to do good things. He even overcame the TEBOW Nightmare. Like it or not ..... With Elway .... Denver is where players like to play. And oh by the way.... never heard anyone in Denver say they were building for a all or nothing run in Denver. Thats your opinion. Wish it were true but its only your opinion.

That's not an opinion, it's fact. I believe Denver only has something like 35 players under contract for 2016. They are going to have to pay Houston/Watt type money to Miller to keep him. Elat has proven a competent GM to be sure, but math is math and Denver is a partial team with an old and largely ineffective Manning next year.

That's not an opinion, it's fact. I believe Denver only has something like 35 players under contract for 2016. They are going to have to pay Houston/Watt type money to Miller to keep him. Elat has proven a competent GM to be sure, but math is math and Denver is a partial team with an old and largely ineffective Manning next year.

We shall see. Somehow Elway & Denver seem to make things work. Plus no Manning salary next year. I hope they do completely tank. History has shown otherwise.

Guest Tomahawkchop

We shall see. Somehow Elway & Denver seem to make things work. Plus no Manning salary next year. I hope they do completely tank. History has shown otherwise.

Manning signed for five years, didn't he? That would mean he's on the books in 2016. Regardless, I'm not predicting Denvers demise by any stretch, only that they will have a bunch of work to do to field a team remotely as competitive as this years team.

Manning signed for five years, didn't he? That would mean he's on the books in 2016. Regardless, I'm not predicting Denvers demise by any stretch, only that they will have a bunch of work to do to field a team remotely as competitive as this years team.

Well maybe we could get them to take Dorsey? Let Dorsey screw them up. Elway vs Dorsey is no contest. Denver Ownership vs Hunts no contest.

Example They got Manning as a free agent we traded two seconds for an average QB. They stole Sanders we extended Bowe. Yes I know Manning would not come to KC. Thats my point.

Guest Okiechief1

So easy to predict. :blink: Elway is a good GM. He gets talent there. He will likely continue to do good things. He even overcame the TEBOW Nightmare. Like it or not ..... With Elway .... Denver is where players like to play. And oh by the way.... never heard anyone in Denver say they were building for a all or nothing run in Denver. Thats your opinion. Wish it were true but its only your opinion.

I get your overall point but players have went to Denver for Manning thinking he would give them a better shot at a SB. They aren't going there because of Elway.

Right now they are lesser version of the 90s Chiefs which got us a bunch of wins in the regular season but netted us nothing except one year in the playoffs.

Compent sure, great, let's see how he handles life without HOF QB and has a coach that has only has been to the playoffs twice in 8 years prior to Denver.

Archived