The Misery Loves Company Thread

fuck it..

shame on the majority of us for believing..its a clusterfuck burn down..

the weirdest season ever...they 'could have'..'.should have' won at least 2 of their loses...today included....and dammit his knee wasn't down..game over.

Why couldn't Charles have been down before the fumble against Denver and then this game not? Why couldn't we have gotten seven field goals this game instead of the Cincinnati one? Aargh!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why couldn't Charles have been down before the fumble against Denver and then this game not? Why couldn't we have gotten seven field goals this game instead of the Cincinnati one? Aargh!

Wow thats a weird post? Charles hurt prior? Even if KC wins that game this team sucks!

Wow thats a weird post? Charles hurt prior? Even if KC wins that game this team sucks!

You misread my post. I was saying why couldn't they have said that Charles was down before he fumbled against Denver and then why couldn't they say that West was not down in this game? It was a rhetorical question.

Edit: Or maybe I don't understand your post. Either way, I was not hoping for an earlier injury to Charles or anything like that. I'm also not putting the whole game on him either.

Guest 303Chiefs

fuck it..

shame on the majority of us for believing..its a clusterfuck burn down..

the weirdest season ever...they 'could have'..'.should have' won at least 2 of their loses...today included....and dammit his knee wasn't down..game over.

Chiefs need to move and start fresh in a different city and market. Would be a sad but welcomed change in my eyes.

Guest 303Chiefs

Just need a new ownership group. This ... silver spooned ...geek doesnt understand football.

Yeah but weren't the glory days of Chiefs footballl fun? Let's just let him keep running this franchise into the ground because...heck they're a nice family.

Guest 303Chiefs

Agree......Unfortunately we dont have a choice or a vote.

Nostalgia is a hell of an emotion. In this case, that along with stubbornness keep certain fans going to games and lining the hunts pockets. Clarkipoo needs to just sell and let a fucking real business man do it.

Nostalgia is a hell of an emotion. In this case, that along with stubbornness keep certain fans going to games and lining the hunts pockets. Clarkipoo needs to just sell and let a fucking real business man do it.

NFL is so cash flush Im not sure how much attendance matters?

NFL is so cash flush Im not sure how much attendance matters?

Yeah, unfortunately, I feel that sometimes the only way to get someone to act is to treat them like they know what they're doing and that they know football. That way when they start losing, they have the pride to change. If you treat them as a businessman, they'll stay out of it and let it go down the drain. But it's a difficult balance because you don't want them to be making football decisions.

Empty stadium looks really bad on TV to your ivy elite colleague's.

So losing is ok if fans are present? In this league the opposition can fill lots of seats as we shall see in the remainder of home games.

I doubt Hunt has any IVY League Friends that are real men.  

I don't know if bashing the Hunt family is legit. They are the Chiefs. If you don't like the Hunt family then you don't like the Chiefs. I can't get on board with that. Times are tough this year. Dagger to the heart tough. But this family is this franchise. They are getting it handed to them this year. But to say we have bad ownership? Huge stretch and I suspect driven by emotion.

I respect that. Poili, at the time, was a big time pickup. He was not what we thought, but NOT a bargain basement signing. Reid was not a bargain basement signing. They are trying and spending legit dollars to try.

There are fingers pointed at everybody right now. We can either suck it up or buy a Broncos jersey I guess. And I ain't buying no damn Broncos jersey.

So losing is ok if fans are present? In this league the opposition can fill lots of seats as we shall see in the remainder of home games.

I doubt Hunt has any IVY League Friends that are real men.

I don't think Clark really gives a fuck what the record is, as long as the fans pay 30+ to tailgate in the parking lot and the seats are filled.

If you can sell them on .500 football with a glimmer of January football, people will line right up for it. Every single year.

I don't think Clark really gives a fuck what the record is, as long as the fans pay 30+ to tailgate in the parking lot and the seats are filled.

If you can sell them on .500 football with a glimmer of January football, people will line right up for it. Every single year.

Agree. And 50% will be opposing team fans in many cases.

Guest Okiechief1

I think he cares more about the perception than he does winning. As long as the fans aren't flying banners, wearing black to the stadium and no players are committing suicide in the parking lot then it's all good.

Don't think he likes taking risks. Pioli although didn't work out was supposed to be about a sure thing of a GM as you can get. Reid is much the same way. The risk of the unknown for both was supposed to be minimum. Part of that comes from I don't think he pays much attention to the NFL outside what happens to KC on Sunday and owners meetings so he has no idea of whom some of the younger coaches are.

When you start looking at revenue for a team and what they are valued at winning isn't really a big part of how much they bring in nor their value.

We aren't the first nor only fan base that feels like the owner doesn't care, but when the NFL is the cash cow it is and you make money regardless of the product on the field their is no reason for some of them to care either

I think he cares more about the perception than he does winning. As long as the fans aren't flying banners, wearing black to the stadium and no players are committing suicide in the parking lot then it's all good.

Don't think he likes taking risks. Pioli although didn't work out was supposed to be about a sure thing of a GM as you can get. Reid is much the same way. The risk of the unknown for both was supposed to be minimum. Part of that comes from I don't think he pays much attention to the NFL outside what happens to KC on Sunday and owners meetings so he has no idea of whom some of the younger coaches are.

When you start looking at revenue for a team and what they are valued at winning isn't really a big part of how much they bring in nor their value.

We aren't the first nor only fan base that feels like the owner doesn't care, but when the NFL is the cash cow it is and you make money regardless of the product on the field their is no reason for some of them to care either

Exactly My Point. The Hunts are and have always been the problem.

If it was So Cal they would have been in trouble. Lots more to do in Calif than KC. 

I agree w/ Diehard. It's not like the Hunts (Clark) isn't trying. He's brought in two Shit Hot GM's over the last 8 yrs. GM's from winning organizations! He had Weis and Crennel together on his staff at one time. Lastly, he single handily talked Andy Reid to come here, which at the time was The Top Coaching Prospect.

And he stays out of the "everyday" football activities and let's his staff work. To me, it seems like the guy is really trying to put together a good organization. IDK, maybe he SHOULD get involved in the everyday football activities...Ala Jerry Jones..

I am hearing people say we dropped the ball not drafting Bridgewater. I am pretty happy we went with Peters. Bridgewater would have been a bad pick with the 3 QBs we have on the roster. Peters helps us much more. I don't think Bridgewater could have beat out any of our QBs. Lunacy.

Exactly My Point. The Hunts are and have always been the problem.

If it was So Cal they would have been in trouble. Lots more to do in Calif than KC. 

Since you feel that the Hunts have been a problem, what is it that Clark Hunt should have done to make things better?  Was bringing in Pioli and giving him the reins something that Hunt should have known was a mistake?  Who was your choice?  Was hiring Reid an obvious mistake at the time?  Who was your choice?  Same for Dorsey.  The Chiefs don't run a cheap operation and are up against the cap every season.  Is it Hunt's fault that some of the signings were downers or that Dorsey/Reid drafted a couple of busts in the first rounds?  Maybe Hunt is to blame, but saying it without stating what you would have done differently with the information available at the time is petty ranting.

Archived