Chiefs Under Cap?

Uh you're nuts if you think there was no risk in drafting a person of interest in a homicide.

They never had this guy as a person of interest. He was wanted for an interview by the police as a matter of policy. He dated this woman, but was not in a relationship. The media got that part wrong. He was in another town miles away when the murder happened. He was completely innocent. The police only wanted to know if he had anything that could help. 

The NFL colluded to make sure this man was not drafted. This was probably directed by Roger Goodell (although no one is saying). Goodell is an idiot. I really wanted the kid to stay out, and sue the NFL. I think he could have prevailed. He decided to pursue his career, and that was likely the smartest thing to do. As a free agent he may be able to earn more money, in a shorter period of time, than if he came in as a low draft pick. 

There were other avenues that could have been pursued, and protected the various teams. Goodell could have made an alteration to the current rules to allow this one time a player to enter the supplemental draft. It would have been fair to all. Instead, Goodell slammed the door on the idea, and refused to consider it. Goodell needs to take a protracted vacation from the job. He is bad news. I believe this was collusion against one player, and I believe it put the league in greater jeopardy than to create a special exception to a rule. 

Archived