Crow's 2016 Chiefs Mock 1

I will say that Lynch may jump Goff in my QB rankings soon. To be fair, Lynch has played one good team and did well. Goff shit the bed against the best defense in the country, and I'm a bit disappointed in that. One game does not make a player either way, but there are knocks to go around.

I will say that Lynch may jump Goff in my QB rankings soon. To be fair, Lynch has played one good team and did well. Goff shit the bed against the best defense in the country, and I'm a bit disappointed in that. One game does not make a player either way, but there are knocks to go around.

Matt Ryan looked like shit a lot in college. I was never impressed with him at bc. He's pretty damned good now. I like goff. Against Utah the first one was tipped and the OC kept calling passing plays over and over. No mix in that game.

After looking over all the options, I've only got one QB on my draft board in the first round and it's Paxon Lynch.

FA pickups:

Tim Boone for LG and Marvin Jones at WR

Draft:

1. Paxon Lynch, QB Memphis

Paxon Lynch has all the tools to be the next generation Roethlisburger. Groomed by a well respected coach (also groomed Dalton) and has everything you look for.

You have the ability to sit him and let him learn for awhile, which is a plus. He could use a season for refining and NFL weight program.

2. Le'Raven Clark, OT Texas Tech

Fisher is best at RT, but they will probably stubbornly keep him at LT. They will need a new RT.

3. KeiVarae Russell, CB Notre Dame

Sean Smith won't be coming back, so they will need to replace him.

4. Kentrell Brothers, ILB Missouri

Whether DJ stays or goes, they gotta find his replacement.

5. Jimmy Bean, OLB Oklahoma State

Hali is likely done after this year. Dee Ford hasn't shown shit. They will need a Plan B in place in case Dee is a bust.

Tbh still doing research, so not gonna go beyond this point yet.

I know he's from Paducah, and I know his parents... but Josh Forrest is a good prospect. He is a bit of a project in that he converted from S / WR to OLB and then to ILB. He doesn't yet know how to play the spot, but his natural athleticism shines through. 64 tackles 3 1/2 sacks, and 1 INT is not bad. He needs to get stronger. He is bloated at 255 lbs. I believe he can stand to lose 10 to 15 lbs, and be much quicker. The key is getting him in a strength program to build his core. 

Kentrell Brothers has outstanding stats. He is slower than Forrest, and much smaller. I like his instincts. He will be a very good player at the next level. Josh Forrest is a very instinctual player too. However, it does not show yet. He hasn't had the time at his position to be able to play on instincts. I thought he would have been better as a tall FS. UK moved him to OLB, and then Stoops made his change to ILB only last season. I thought that would be the end of him. However, he is getting better. 

Either Brothers or Forrest will be good additions to any team. Forrest probably will help a little more on special teams. 

Oh, and Derrick Johnson looks good to go for another 3-5 years. I wouldn't be replacing him anytime soon. He is our Ray Lewis. Lewis played until he was 37. DJ is in as good of condition, if not better. Don't write him off. 

Archived