Is it time for Kansas City Chiefs to play Dee Ford over Tamba Hali?

The sooner the better. But hell if it was up to me they'd be playing all the kids and get this trainwreck a rollin'.

I do think he should be seeing more than 5 snaps a game no matter what. It would help if he didn't show that he sucks ass and would sure make it even easier to bench Hali, who has clearly lost more than a step.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that people see that Hali losses his job if he lost a step, not because of some unfairness of restructuring his contract. I think, and it's pretty rare, that he actually has less money because of his restructure not just shifting. But I might be wrong.

Yeah houston is the problem. That's the take of a dumbass who has no clue what he's watching.

His sacks are down, yes.

Guess who else's sacks are down? Every fucking player in NFL history not named reggie white the season after they got 20 plus sacks.

Michael Strahan 2001 22.5 sacks*

Michael Strahan 2002 11 sacks

Mark Gastineau 1984 22 sacks

Mark Gastineau 1985 13.5 sacks

Jared Allen 2011 22 sacks

Jared Allen 2012 12 sacks

Chris Doleman 1989 21 sacks

Chris Doleman 1990 11 sacks

JJ Watt 2012 20.5 sacks

JJ Watt 2013 10 sacks

JJ Watt 2014 20.5 sacks

JJ Watt 2015 4 sacks so far, on pace for 9-10 sacks this year.

Lawrence Taylor 1986 20.5 sacks

Lawrence Taylor 1987 12 sacks

Demarcus Ware 2008 20 sacks

Demarcus Ware 2009 11 sacks

Oh and there was another guy... oh that's right...

Motherfucking Derrick Thomas 1990 20 sacks

Motherfucking Derrick Thomas 1991 13.5

*allegedly

Notice who's not on that list? Bums.

The ONLY guy that ever got close the year after was the minister of defense, who had 18 sacks the year after he got 21. But he's fucking reggie white and nobody else is. Well maybe jj watt... eventually.

Even DT, as awesome as he was, never even sniffed 20 again.

Houston currently leads the league in qb hurries and is 2.5 sacks behind the league leaders (6.5 sacks leads the league). He has twice as many hurries as watt (houston has 20, watt has 11, same as hali) and the same number of sacks, 4, as watt does.

Yeah but houston is the problem. Let's bench him! That'll show him!

Dumbass.

Dumbassery. Houston leads the league in qb pressures!! And hits.

Not Von miller or watt. Houston.

First Round Pick Season Two and could not force his way into the lineup. That says it all. Wasted first round pick. Maybe third but a bust as a #1. Especially if you believed your team would be contending. Contending teams make #1s count now!

Seems kinda dumb to give up on ford this early. Hali will be in the kc ring of honor but remember he kinda sucked when he first switched from DE to 34 olb, the same switch ford is making.

Remember he had like 3 or 4 sacks that year until the Denver game late in the year and he was playing full time. He was awful in coverage and people were saying he had to be in a 43 to be any good.

Just saying. Most Wrs take time to develop. The same can be said for most dline conversions.

Seems kinda dumb to give up on ford this early. Hali will be in the kc ring of honor but remember he kinda sucked when he first switched from DE to 34 olb, the same switch ford is making.

Remember he had like 3 or 4 sacks that year until the Denver game late in the year and he was playing full time. He was awful in coverage and people were saying he had to be in a 43 to be any good.

Just saying. Most Wrs take time to develop. The same can be said for most dline conversions.

Not giving up on the guy just a bad first round pick. Dumb is waiting three years to put a first round pick into play when you were planning on contending. Its clear if Ford had been capable KC would have let Hali walk even with a contract friendly deal. Dumb is supporting a failing regime. Dumb is supporting the same BS over & over again. Fisher, Ford and others. Yes Peters looks great. 1 out of three not good enough.

And then there is that WR in Oak. Ist round pick?

Hali was banged up a lot while Ford just sucks.

Yeah houston is the problem. That's the take of a dumbass who has no clue what he's watching.

His sacks are down, yes.

Guess who else's sacks are down? Every fucking player in NFL history not named reggie white the season after they got 20 plus sacks.

Michael Strahan 2001 22.5 sacks*

Michael Strahan 2002 11 sacks

Mark Gastineau 1984 22 sacks

Mark Gastineau 1985 13.5 sacks

Jared Allen 2011 22 sacks

Jared Allen 2012 12 sacks

Chris Doleman 1989 21 sacks

Chris Doleman 1990 11 sacks

JJ Watt 2012 20.5 sacks

JJ Watt 2013 10 sacks

JJ Watt 2014 20.5 sacks

JJ Watt 2015 4 sacks so far, on pace for 9-10 sacks this year.

Lawrence Taylor 1986 20.5 sacks

Lawrence Taylor 1987 12 sacks

Demarcus Ware 2008 20 sacks

Demarcus Ware 2009 11 sacks

Oh and there was another guy... oh that's right...

Motherfucking Derrick Thomas 1990 20 sacks

Motherfucking Derrick Thomas 1991 13.5

*allegedly

Notice who's not on that list? Bums.

The ONLY guy that ever got close the year after was the minister of defense, who had 18 sacks the year after he got 21. But he's fucking reggie white and nobody else is. Well maybe jj watt... eventually.

Even DT, as awesome as he was, never even sniffed 20 again.

Houston currently leads the league in qb hurries and is 2.5 sacks behind the league leaders (6.5 sacks leads the league). He has twice as many hurries as watt (houston has 20, watt has 11, same as hali) and the same number of sacks, 4, as watt does.

Yeah but houston is the problem. Let's bench him! That'll show him!

Dumbass.

He should be playing better. Especially against back up tackles and TEs in that Vikings game. Did you see what Hali did to a back up LT yesterday? Kiss his ass if you want, make all the excuses you can, and pull out all the stops for the guy. Houston should be playing better period and he is not living up to that contract. Fuck the sacks. Where is the pressure???? 

Hali took over the game in the second half yesterday. It's not the first time he has done that. When do Houston ever do that? He deserves some criticism imo. 

Dumbassery. Houston leads the league in qb pressures!! And hits.

Not Von miller or watt. Houston.

Per who? PFF?  :lol:

Where was he yesterday? He is playing on the left side every week! He is going against RTs! 

Why do Chiefs fans always give guys a big pass? It was the same for Bowe when he didn't produce. Houston is a good player but, he better do more for what we are paying him. If you can't see that you are a dumbass.

Per who? PFF? :lol:

Where was he yesterday? He is playing on the left side every week! He is going against RTs!

Why do Chiefs fans always give guys a big pass? It was the same for Bowe when he didn't produce. Houston is a good player but, he better do more for what we are paying him. If you can't see that you are a dumbass.

Mugsy, I don't read pff.

It's from the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS website.

Mugsy, I don't read pff.

It's from the KANSAS CITY CHIEFS website.

Ok, here's another angle.... If we are getting so much pressure then why is the secondary getting torched so bad? How do they go from 1st to 32nd in a season with basically the same personnel? Most of the quarterbacks we have played had all day to throw the ball. This whole pressure thing is bullshit imo. We ain't getting enough. 

Mugsy, it isn't Justin Houston that's the problem.

Poe injury is a problem.

Hali slower than molasses in Michigan in January is a problem.

Howard having to play the nose rather than DE is a problem.

No development from Dee Ford is a problem.

DJ slowing down is a problem.

Rookies at SILB is a problem.

Lack of blitz schemes by the D-Coord is a problem.

A carousel at CB by suspension or injury is a problem.

Eric Berry is not the old Eric Berry and is a problem.

The front 7 is not the same as it was and the defensive backfield is finally settling in to what it will likely be the rest of the season. Our best defensive line is Howard, Poe, Bailey. We have primarily had 2/3 of that on the field with 1/2 of that 2/3 out of position. Hali doesn't bring nearly as much pressure as he used to and QBs can roll away from Houston. The Chiefs can't blitz from the ILB spots and their coverage is weaker. The CB position has been, at times, awful. Do you forget the Fleming and Cooper roasting games? Quit acting like its Justin Houston, because that is bullshit.

I agree with all that Crow and have posted much of the exact same stuff in another thread. The thing is that Houston isn't living up to that contract. It is early but, he isn't playing like he did the last couple of years. He isn't making any difference in the outcome of these games whatsoever. At this point he is not an impact player and he is being paid to be one. Teams aren't even game planning around him. They are leaving him one on one with the right tackle and even the TE in some cases. 

I'm not giving his overpaid ass a pass. 

Serious question Mugs... How do you expect Houston to get 20 sacks if, literally, everything else around him isn't up to par?

The man leads the league in all other "rush" statistics other than sacks. He's impacting QBs, despite so much being wrong around him. The biggest issue in my opinion is that Poe needs to be healthy (he forces double-teams) and Howard needs to be at DE in front of Houston because he collapses the pocket and forces QBs to Houston.

Serious question Mugs... How do you expect Houston to get 20 sacks if, literally, everything else around him isn't up to par?

The man leads the league in all other "rush" statistics other than sacks. He's impacting QBs, despite so much being wrong around him. The biggest issue in my opinion is that Poe needs to be healthy (he forces double-teams) and Howard needs to be at DE in front of Houston because he collapses the pocket and forces QBs to Houston.

Never said 20 sacks. I just expect him to have a real impact on the game. That isn't happening. He isn't even a ROLB dude. He is going against RTs. Devito was inactive yesterday and Howard started next to him - just like last year. There is no excuse. 

What are those stats getting us Crow? Ask yourself that. Is he really impacting QBs? I don't see it. Do you honestly see him impacting QBs or is it something you really have to look for? Should you really have to look for it and dig? Should you really have to rewind the game over and over to find? 

I don't think so. It should be obvious. Dude is not a game changer. 

I don't think Mugsy really understands football, beyond a causal viewers stance.

He doesn't understand teams aren't fooled by the D, the D relies a lot on your 0 to keep a QB from stepping up in the QB. Howard is a nice wall but doesn't penetrate like Poe.

Doesn't understand the importance of hurries and hits.

I don't think Mugsy really understands football, beyond a causal viewers stance.

He doesn't understand teams aren't fooled by the D, the D relies a lot on your 0 to keep a QB from stepping up in the QB. Howard is a nice wall but doesn't penetrate like Poe.

Doesn't understand the importance of hurries and hits.

:lol: Really? 

http://chiefscoalition.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/2510-most-important-chiefs-in-2015/

You guys just don't want it to be true about Houston. I have seen this many times over the years. 

Your link doesn't show that you really understand how football works on a fundamental level.

I don't think you have an idea why Sutton can't really work the playbook he stole from Rex Ryan well, either.

Is Houston overpaid? Yeah he sure is. That's what happens when you've got a player who vastly outperformed his last deal, you made ride out that deal and his underpaid RFA tag and you're stupud enough to wait till he had every incentive in the world to cash in.

I've said all along that Dorsey paid too much and that's on the GM and not the player.

Houston has actually earned the right to get paid, unlike the pile of poop that lines up under Center. Real talk.

Archived