Is it time for Kansas City Chiefs to play Dee Ford over Tamba Hali?

Rex never had a pass rusher like Houston or even Tamba while he was in NY with Sutton anyway. Sutton isn't running Rex's defense. It is based off of it but, it's not the same. In NY, they got pressure through coverage sacks with Cromartie and Revis on the outside. Guys like Rex and Sutton are smart enough to play to their players strengths. The plan was never to put a round peg in a square hole. 

I'm done arguing this. It is a waste of time. The bottom line is that I feel like Houston should be doing more and has been a disappointment this season. You can feel however you want. :)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never said 20 sacks. I just expect him to have a real impact on the game. That isn't happening. He isn't even a ROLB dude. He is going against RTs. Devito was inactive yesterday and Howard started next to him - just like last year. There is no excuse. 

What are those stats getting us Crow? Ask yourself that. Is he really impacting QBs? I don't see it. Do you honestly see him impacting QBs or is it something you really have to look for? Should you really have to look for it and dig? Should you really have to rewind the game over and over to find? 

I don't think so. It should be obvious. Dude is not a game changer. 

JJ Watt isn't a RDE either. Just sayin. But I'm sure he's All-World from your viewpoint?

You put your pass rushers in the best place to succeed. Justin Houston is doing his job just fine. There's alot wrong on defense right now, but it isn't Justin Houston.

JJ Watt isn't a RDE either. Just sayin. But I'm sure he's All-World from your viewpoint?

You put your pass rushers in the best place to succeed. Justin Houston is doing his job just fine. There's alot wrong on defense right now, but it isn't Justin Houston.

Watt is allowed to play whatever position he wants on the d-line on every snap. He has more ability to freelance than any player since Lawrence Taylor. He is the biggest defensive game changer in the NFL. He is the biggest defensive impact player in the NFL. Yet Houston makes more money and goes against the RT almost every single time. 

However, I understand where you are coming from. I just think he needs a fire lit under his ass. I like the guy. I even have his jersey. He is just getting too much credit imo. 

You're done because you have no idea what you're talking about.

No, I'm done proving that I do know what I'm talking about. I have done this many times. I have posted all the stat shit and gone to great links in the past. Now I am over 40 and done with it. You can think what you want to. I don't care. 

No, I'm done proving that I do know what I'm talking about. I have done this many times. I have posted all the stat shit and gone to great links in the past. Now I am over 40 and done with it. You can think what you want to. I don't care.

You've gone to great links? Is that because your only coherent posts are links to someone else that knows more than you?

I also agree with you Mugs! Houston is not living up to they hype. I've been screaming it all season long myself. To see him getting handled by TE's is downright disgusting.

I was hoping the big payday wouldn't have an effect on his play, but it's starting to look like it. Hopefully, Tamba playing better will "light a fire under his butt".

You have no idea how to form your argument or what all goes into being a great pass-rusher.

I mock you because your points are all flat, blackbob. Oops sorry...Mugsy.

Mugsy, it isn't Justin Houston that's the problem.

Poe injury is a problem.

Hali slower than molasses in Michigan in January is a problem.

Howard having to play the nose rather than DE is a problem.

No development from Dee Ford is a problem.

DJ slowing down is a problem.

Rookies at SILB is a problem.

Lack of blitz schemes by the D-Coord is a problem.

A carousel at CB by suspension or injury is a problem.

Eric Berry is not the old Eric Berry and is a problem.

The front 7 is not the same as it was and the defensive backfield is finally settling in to what it will likely be the rest of the season. Our best defensive line is Howard, Poe, Bailey. We have primarily had 2/3 of that on the field with 1/2 of that 2/3 out of position. Hali doesn't bring nearly as much pressure as he used to and QBs can roll away from Houston. The Chiefs can't blitz from the ILB spots and their coverage is weaker. The CB position has been, at times, awful. Do you forget the Fleming and Cooper roasting games? Quit acting like its Justin Houston, because that is bullshit.

Do not agree that this is the evaluation that = the problem. ITS HUNT>>>then DORSEY...then FAT ANDY...and SUTTON

Rex never had a pass rusher like Houston or even Tamba while he was in NY with Sutton anyway. Sutton isn't running Rex's defense. It is based off of it but, it's not the same. In NY, they got pressure through coverage sacks with Cromartie and Revis on the outside. Guys like Rex and Sutton are smart enough to play to their players strengths. The plan was never to put a round peg in a square hole. 

I'm done arguing this. It is a waste of time. The bottom line is that I feel like Houston should be doing more and has been a disappointment this season. You can feel however you want. :)

Sutton is smart enough to what? Guy is an idiot!

Mugsy, it isn't Justin Houston that's the problem.

Poe injury is a problem.

Hali slower than molasses in Michigan in January is a problem.

Howard having to play the nose rather than DE is a problem.

No development from Dee Ford is a problem.

DJ slowing down is a problem.

Rookies at SILB is a problem.

Lack of blitz schemes by the D-Coord is a problem.

A carousel at CB by suspension or injury is a problem.

Eric Berry is not the old Eric Berry and is a problem.

The front 7 is not the same as it was and the defensive backfield is finally settling in to what it will likely be the rest of the season. Our best defensive line is Howard, Poe, Bailey. We have primarily had 2/3 of that on the field with 1/2 of that 2/3 out of position. Hali doesn't bring nearly as much pressure as he used to and QBs can roll away from Houston. The Chiefs can't blitz from the ILB spots and their coverage is weaker. The CB position has been, at times, awful. Do you forget the Fleming and Cooper roasting games? Quit acting like its Justin Houston, because that is bullshit.

Very good post Crow. I also wonder if Dontari Poe's injury is more significant than what have been lead to believe.

I'm not sure Poe's injury was the problem. The real difference has been deactivating Devito and starting Howard at DE like last year. Howard started the last two games at DE. Hate to say it but I think Devito is done. 

Did you read my initial post, bob? The Poe injury was a problem because it forced Howard to move inside to NT. I said the Chiefs best D-line is Howard-Poe-Bailey. Your posts blow my fucking mind sometimes.

Did you read my initial post, bob? The Poe injury was a problem because it forced Howard to move inside to NT. I said the Chiefs best D-line is Howard-Poe-Bailey. Your posts blow my fucking mind sometimes.

I read it a month ago. You were right. 

Archived