Dwayne Bowe's inactivity with Browns puts Chiefs decision in perspective

Eddie Kennison is one of my favorite players. He played good for KC. He seemed to be a good guy on and off the field. The fact he did not hit it off with Denver does not tarnish his image in my eyes. It shows good judgement on his part. 

Eddie Quitterson... Scumbag.

I believe his wife was pregnant and battling Lupus at the time. Some things are more important than football. I read all the things said about him by his team. Don't think it was Eddie that was the scumbag. The Broncos players and fans really tarnished the franchise with that incident in my mind and in the minds of many others.

Found this...

"I don't think he'll suit up against us because I know him," Mobley said.  "He won't want to get out there and play against us, not our defense.  He'll find an excuse now or later in the week.  We don't think Eddie's going to play.  We know Eddie's mentality."

Mobley even called Kennison "Benedict Arnold" and suggested the Broncos might be looking for some retribution on the field, a revelation the NFL took seriously enough to warn Mobley and the Broncos that they would be watched closely.

Classy organization. 

Found this...

"I don't think he'll suit up against us because I know him," Mobley said.  "He won't want to get out there and play against us, not our defense.  He'll find an excuse now or later in the week.  We don't think Eddie's going to play.  We know Eddie's mentality."

Mobley even called Kennison "Benedict Arnold" and suggested the Broncos might be looking for some retribution on the field, a revelation the NFL took seriously enough to warn Mobley and the Broncos that they would be watched closely.

Classy organization. 

I recall those times. Kennison quit on Denver. He went home to Louisiana to take care of his wife ( http://www.coveringsports.com/kennison.htm ). His wife, Shimika had Lupus, and was very ill. Shanahan would not excuse Kennison to go see his wife, who was living with their kids in Houston, and was pregnant at the time. 

Eddie quit football to be by his wife's side. She delivered a healthy baby, and regained a margin of health. Later, Kennison decided he wanted to play football again. He had his priorities straight. The Chiefs allowed Eddie to go back and forth in order to take care of her when he came aboard. That is why he chose the Chiefs. Lamar Hunt saw to it that players were treated as family. 

One thing of interest, do you recall the outcome of that game in which Mobley called Kennison a "Bennedict Arnoold?" The Chiefs won in OT, 26 - 23. Eddie Kennison did not score, but he did rush one time for 14 yards. He also caught all three passes targeted to him, and one went for 42 yards (finished with 62 yards). 

I like it when Denver fans talk about character. Did Romanowski have character when he rhoided up, and used uppers to play games? I believe he even used his wife to buy drugs illegally (one of the 5 dirtiest player in the league).  Do Denver fans speak of character when crack back and chop blocks were employed, expressly to take out and hurt opposing players? 

Eddie Kennison only started one game in 2001 for the Chiefs. He finished that season with 322 yards receiving in five games. The next season, Kennison started 14 games. He was targeted 92 times, and caught 53 passes for 906 yards. He fought through injuries, and lasted seven years with the Chiefs. In that span, Eddie Kennison amassed 5230 receiving yards on 321 receptions, and was targeted 554 times. He also 159 yards rushing. His per attempt average was 9.3 yards. In other words, for every pass directed toward him, and for every hand off to him, he almost got a first down every single time. 

Thank you Denver for being such despicable knot heads. Eddie Kennison was in the depths of depression. He was about to lose his wife, and child. His coach would not let him return home to see her. He quit on a disgusting organization that zapped every bit of zest he had for football. In the end, his wife and child survived. Eddie Kennison regained his passion for the game of football. He and his wife Shimika live in Lenexa, Kansas, and they own several successful businesses. http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/blog/bizventures-kc/2014/11/eddie-kennison-barrel-87.html

In the depths of despair, Eddie Kennison put his family first, found God, and turned a horrible time into a life altering event. 

My Kansas City Chiefs jersey got damaged in the dryer. I still wear it. I need another. Thank you Bronco Billy, I needed to figure out what name to put on my jersey. I will get an Eddie Kennison jersey in your name. I am going to have it sent to me addressed to Bronco Billy - Stud, address withheld, Paducah, KY. Thanks for the idea. 

The story that strikes me as opposite of this is that Derek Fisher story. He played for yhe Utah Jazz and wanted to leave because they weren't a contender. His daughter had eye cancer and was treated in New York. Utah is closer to New York then Los Angeles and Utah has one of the premier cancer treatment centers, better than Los Angeles. He claimed that he was going to retire to be with his daughter or move to a team closer for her treatment. Once released, he went to the Lakers which again, is farther and has a worse treatment center. His daughter still went to New York to get treatments, alone. He used a similar excuse to get out of the Oklahoma City contract.

People got really mad about Utah reacting once he did what he did and said, "how could you not support him and his family decision?" Everything went against his family in his decision. It was a basketball decision to go to a contender and it saved Utah money. So it would've been a win-win situation if it was just handled like that.

I recall those times. Kennison quit on Denver. He went home to Louisiana to take care of his wife ( http://www.coveringsports.com/kennison.htm ). His wife, Shimika had Lupus, and was very ill. Shanahan would not excuse Kennison to go see his wife, who was living with their kids in Houston, and was pregnant at the time.

Eddie quit football to be by his wife's side. She delivered a healthy baby, and regained a margin of health. Later, Kennison decided he wanted to play football again. He had his priorities straight. The Chiefs allowed Eddie to go back and forth in order to take care of her when he came aboard. That is why he chose the Chiefs. Lamar Hunt saw to it that players were treated as family.

One thing of interest, do you recall the outcome of that game in which Mobley called Kennison a "Bennedict Arnoold?" The Chiefs won in OT, 26 - 23. Eddie Kennison did not score, but he did rush one time for 14 yards. He also caught all three passes targeted to him, and one went for 42 yards (finished with 62 yards).

I like it when Denver fans talk about character. Did Romanowski have character when he rhoided up, and used uppers to play games? I believe he even used his wife to buy drugs illegally (one of the 5 dirtiest player in the league). Do Denver fans speak of character when crack back and chop blocks were employed, expressly to take out and hurt opposing players?

Eddie Kennison only started one game in 2001 for the Chiefs. He finished that season with 322 yards receiving in five games. The next season, Kennison started 14 games. He was targeted 92 times, and caught 53 passes for 906 yards. He fought through injuries, and lasted seven years with the Chiefs. In that span, Eddie Kennison amassed 5230 receiving yards on 321 receptions, and was targeted 554 times. He also 159 yards rushing. His per attempt average was 9.3 yards. In other words, for every pass directed toward him, and for every hand off to him, he almost got a first down every single time.

Thank you Denver for being such despicable knot heads. Eddie Kennison was in the depths of depression. He was about to lose his wife, and child. His coach would not let him return home to see her. He quit on a disgusting organization that zapped every bit of zest he had for football. In the end, his wife and child survived. Eddie Kennison regained his passion for the game of football. He and his wife Shimika live in Lenexa, Kansas, and they own several successful businesses. http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/blog/bizventures-kc/2014/11/eddie-kennison-barrel-87.html

In the depths of despair, Eddie Kennison put his family first, found God, and turned a horrible time into a life altering event.

Great post. Bump.

Usually when fans accuse another team of being cheaters I chalk it up to fan bullshit, like when fans rag on national announcers. But not with denver. The Broncos really are the cheatinest team in the league. And that says a lot because the Raiders exist.

All the fans suck too. Except stubby. He gets a pass because he riles you fuckers up. It's just good entertainment.

Usually when fans accuse another team of being cheaters I chalk it up to fan bullshit, like when fans rag on national announcers. But not with denver. The Broncos really are the cheatinest team in the league. And that says a lot because the Raiders exist.

All the fans suck too. Except stubby. He gets a pass because he riles you fuckers up. It's just good entertainment.

And New England.

Archived