Game thread!

I didn't watch the game. I took a nap instead. It felt great. Apparently this game, despite a W, was the same bullshit we saw up to this point. Only difference maker was Pittsburgh having to play a 3rd string QB. Whoopee.

Ha! Yeah, I spent the afternoon at the gun range. It wasn't shown here anyway.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I'M going o say this..

with decent..average o-line play I believe he can be a good to very good quarterback..

very few play well without this..aaron rodgers comes to mind..a few others..

look at the great andrew luck and russell wilson..they play like shit behind bad lines.

Lmao, no. Alex can't connect deeper with any reliability at all without pressure.

Lmao, no. Alex can't connect deeper with any reliability at all without pressure.

Hey, thanks for putting the "any reliability at all" part. I appreciate when people don't talk in absolutes like never, can't, won't, always... I sometimes argue when someone does it, so It's only fair when I recognize when someone doesn't. He doesn't regularly connect deep though he has before.

Hey, thanks for putting the "any reliability at all" part. I appreciate when people don't talk in absolutes like never, can't, won't, always... I sometimes argue when someone does it, so It's only fair when I recognize when someone doesn't. He doesn't regularly connect deep though he has before.

You would think that any QB drafted into the NFL should be able to connect deep occasionally. No (yep that's meant to be absolute) team fears the AS deep ball. If it weren't for YAC, Smith would have very few long completions. 

You would think that any QB drafted into the NFL should be able to connect deep occasionally. No (yep that's meant to be absolute) team fears the AS deep ball. If it weren't for YAC, Smith would have very few long completions.

Yes, I agree, absolutely, no team fears his deep ball. It doesn't mean that he can't or never will get one. But I think this is a safe one to say that they will never fear it. Whenever I get on a rant about absolutes, I usually say that there are "almost no nevers." I don't say that there are no nevers.

If you were to say that he never throws deep or can't ever throw deep, I would have an argument. But I think it is safe again to say that they'll never fear it.

And no, I'm not trying to get kudos for him occasionally or rarely getting one. That's not a pat on the back. I'm just talking about absolutes. I don't like them about anybody, almost. If I were to say the defense never gets game-winning stops, citing a few games this year and the last two years, I would not only be wrong (Seattle last year), but I would be using an absolute when I didn't need to do so to get my point across

I noticed a lot of dropped balls from both teams, including an interception that wasn't really dropped but it could've been. And another that would have probably gone for a touchdown if they could've stayed in-bounds. Then, I saw a couple drives that could've been better if not for the rare penalty. We didn't get that many, but couple of them hurt. I can live with a few, not a lot of, penalties if we don't turn the ball over.

He has never connected deep with consistently in his career, ever.

Unless you want to count VD having to make circus catches.

He has never connected deep with consistently in his career, ever.

Unless you want to count VD having to make circus catches.

They weren't circus catches but they weren't consistently deep either. I'll give you that. He likes to jump when he catches. He's done that with every quarterback he's played with. He is the one player that Smith has had a real connection with. The connection wasn't there with Kaepernick until later and then Davis just got injured or quit.

The absolutes you used there were fine because consistently is a word that adequately allows for exceptions. It would be crazy for any quarterback of any skill level to play as long as Smith house and have a "never" there. Even cynically speaking, a broken clock is right twice a day.

It is what it is. Alex Smith isn't a consistent QB.

VD dropped off because Kaepernick knew what a WR was and well age/injuries too.

lol..kapernick knows what a wr is..hahahah...

not related but matt cassel is having a helluva game...3 drives 3 picks..

PIT was playing a third string QB, but the Chiefs were missing JC and their only good receiver.  That's a lot of missing offense and although West made up for some of the rushing game, they were lucky to score as much as they did.  Maybe this will get some of the Denver loss taste out of their mouths.

PIT was playing a third string QB, but the Chiefs were missing JC and their only good receiver.  That's a lot of missing offense and although West made up for some of the rushing game, they were lucky to score as much as they did.  Maybe this will get some of the Denver loss taste out of their mouths.

Non DIVISION GAMe...OUT OF PLAYOFF CONTENTION.....I hope they keep that Denver Taste In Their MOUTHS FOREVER!

Cassel is so bad... Why even have him on your roster at this point?

I think it shows how good of the team Dallas is if they can overcome three interceptions from Cassel to only lose by 7.

Someone remarked that Smith is Cassel so we would see how Smith would do with Dallas. I think Smith would've won that game and when I say won, I don't mean he'd be the person to do it. I just think that he wouldn't throw three interceptions, especially if he were the back up quarterback just trying to keep his team afloat while the starting quarterback was out.

No, this is not some ringing endorsement of Smith. I know that some people want to make out anything I say as one, but it isn't.

Those are some mighty big assumptions there.

Cassel took some shots that Smith never takes.

Yeah, but we all assume one way or another and I'm assuming that Smith plays his average self behind that line. That team is better, IMO. He could of course lose behind it but they don't play the same game if he were QB.

Archived