Game thread!

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're assuming Smith fares any better in an offense he hardly knows.

I think they play it safer with him maybe? We're all making assumptions and I watched the interceptions as well as the corner touchdown again and I feel there's enough to go by to say that neither one likely does what the other did. Smith doesn't get three INTs,including the pick six and he doesn't get that corner TD. I guess I should clarify that I wasn't saying for a fact that it would definitely go Smith's way. And we we can't say that Smith never takes risks and then don't assume the safe passes that he does get with a clean line that extends drives and assume the bad INT plays would still be there.

this is pitiful...the o-line is still shite...

and eric fisher taunting?

I don't mind that penalty. He was taunting because the other player was trying to bend our player's leg after the play was over. I don't mind a penalty when it is in defense of a teammate. I see it as a good thing. In fact, when a player does not come to the defense of his teammate, I think he is a chump. 

Throwing less picks isn't exactly playing better.

Not being able to move the ball at all is about as bad.

And I'm saying that he would be able to move the ball with that line and receivers. Not saying he would move it like Romo. Or like Eli, or like Peyton. Or like Brady. Or like Rodgers. But enough that we couldn't say that he would definitely lose that game.

But overall, I guess what I'm really saying is that when the poster said that we would see how Smith could do based upon Cassel, I think that's wrong. Different game plan would produce a different result with a different quarterback.

The O-line played well enough to win. J Mac and Charles out - good victory. 

I like Allen at RT and the Canadian Doctor at RG. 

Andy Reid should not have listened to the fans. LDT is the best player at RG. He just needs the experience. Fulton is not good enough, and   n e v e r   will be either. I cannot believe it took this long to get Allen back into the lineup. Maybe moving Fisher to RT lit a fire under his butt. He has looked better every since moving over there. Stephenson showed me enough to explain why I dogged him early in his career. He sucks. 

Glad to see Jeff Allen play well. I hope he restarts his career. 

And I'm saying that he would be able to move the ball with that line and receivers. Not saying he would move it like Romo. Or like Eli, or like Peyton. Or like Brady. Or like Rodgers. But enough that we couldn't say that he would definitely lose that game.

But overall, I guess what I'm really saying is that when the poster said that we would see how Smith could do based upon Cassel, I think that's wrong. Different game plan would produce a different result with a different quarterback.

They are both bottom tier QBs and it's like arguing if you prefer fart or poop.

Alex is going to be in KC for two more years. At a minimum, he is here through this year, and next. I would like the Chiefs to bring in a young quarterback and groom him. This is an ideal situation. Alex can finish his career, and lead up to the next player. I hope it happens. I doubt it does. 

Alex is going to be in KC for two more years. At a minimum, he is here through this year, and next. I would like the Chiefs to bring in a young quarterback and groom him. This is an ideal situation. Alex can finish his career, and lead up to the next player. I hope it happens. I doubt it does.

My priority in wishes would be as follows:

1. Somehow make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl (don't care how - AFC collapse, etc.) this year. Prefer it with Smith, but wouldn't complain either way.

2. When that doesn't happen, draft a QB that is good for the future.

3. Make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl (don't care how) next year. Don't care with who.

4. Good transition from Smith to next, whoever/whenever that is.

I think it shows how good of the team Dallas is if they can overcome three interceptions from Cassel to only lose by 7.

Someone remarked that Smith is Cassel so we would see how Smith would do with Dallas. I think Smith would've won that game and when I say won, I don't mean he'd be the person to do it. I just think that he wouldn't throw three interceptions, especially if he were the back up quarterback just trying to keep his team afloat while the starting quarterback was out.

No, this is not some ringing endorsement of Smith. I know that some people want to make out anything I say as one, but it isn't.

Smith is better than Cassel...  Smith may not move the ball that well, but he doesn't turn it over much either, Cassel is a turnover machine.

PIT was playing a third string QB, but the Chiefs were missing JC and their only good receiver.  That's a lot of missing offense and although West made up for some of the rushing game, they were lucky to score as much as they did.  Maybe this will get some of the Denver loss taste out of their mouths.

The most you can ask of a football team is that they win their football game. They did that. No points for style in the NFL. How it happened is irrelevant tonight. Be happy with the victory. Its obvious this season we can't take anything for granted. A win is a win and it is better than a loss.

The most you can ask of a football team is that they win their football game. They did that. No points for style in the NFL. How it happened is irrelevant tonight. Be happy with the victory. Its obvious this season we can't take anything for granted. A win is a win and it is better than a loss.

I wish we had the Bears and Vikings games. But yeah, I'm happy we didn't lose this one or the Texans one. 4-3 would look so good. I'd say the Broncos, too, but that's greedy (yes, we should be greedy).

I wish we had the Bears and Vikings games. But yeah, I'm happy we didn't lose this one or the Texans one. 4-3 would look so good. I'd say the Broncos, too, but that's greedy (yes, we should be greedy).

By the end of the season, one win against the Broncos might have been worth more than two wins against a couple of NFC teams.

By the end of the season, one win against the Broncos might have been worth more than two wins against a couple of NFC teams.

Yes, but I'm not thinking about the division crown. I understand AFC tie breakers, but if we lose to the Vikings and Bears and beat to the Broncos we might not even tie anyone. Beat Chicago and Minnesota, we might sneak in without tie-breakers.

Yes. Win is a win no matter what.

Lets not get too excited here though. The Chiefs aren't facing a 3rd string QB and a bad D every week.

My priority in wishes would be as follows:

1. Somehow make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl (don't care how - AFC collapse, etc.) this year. Prefer it with Smith, but wouldn't complain either way.

2. When that doesn't happen, draft a QB that is good for the future.

3. Make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl (don't care how) next year. Don't care with who.

4. Good transition from Smith to next, whoever/whenever that is.

Why do we have to have a transition between Smith and the new QB? People talk about grooming a QB. He's not going to learn anything from Smith. Put the new guy in immediately and start building around him.

Archived