The new offensive line

The Chiefs / Steelers game was not televised in my viewing area so I had to listen on the radio. I did note that Fisher is back at left tackle and Allen is at right tackle. Morse is at center and Grubbs at RG and LDT is back at LG. This is another major reshuffling of the OL with Stephenson the odd man out. Personally I thought Stephenson was absolutely terrible against Minnesota and Green Bay.

Anyway my question of those who watched the game on television, did it seem to you like this was a better offensive line than the one we have been using the last three weeks? I would appreciate input.

The Chiefs / Steelers game was not televised in my viewing area so I had to listen on the radio. I did note that Fisher is back at left tackle and Allen is at right tackle. Morse is at center and Grubbs at RG and LDT is back at LG. This is another major reshuffling of the OL with Stephenson the odd man out. Personally I thought Stephenson was absolutely terrible against Minnesota and Green Bay.

Anyway my question of those who watched the game on television, did it seem to you like this was a better offensive line than the one we have been using the last three weeks? I would appreciate input.

It would appear run blocking was better. However, Andy didn't give Charles 22 carries or he may have had 200 yards.

To the eye, it was fractionally better.

I thought this was the best lineup all year.  Fisher got a 15 yard taunting penalty for giving an earful to a guy the tried the twist West's knee after a tackle.  I was nice to see.  This is the best combination we have right now.  I would like to see the same group again next week.  IMO we have our starters now let's let them gel.

By the way, Smith and Hali played really well.  There were quite a few dropped passes in the first half, but the WRs settled in and played well in the second.  Berry had a pick, but still struggled breaking up deep passes.  Smith and Peters were very good other than the 2 PI penalties. 

West was a monster.  We found out RBOF.  Davis was 3d string even with Charles out.  And he was unproductive on kick off returns.  He will not be here next year.

Guest Holmes4six

The o line did look better. I believe the whole team played better right after that skirmish. The team got fired up and showed Fire and heart. Good on fisher for sticking up for his team. This is what we need.

Archived