Grading the Kansas City Chiefs new offensive line: Pleasantly surprised

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched him dominate in the run game. He allowed the first sack and a few pressures after that. He is getting better.

I don't think so. He hasn't allowed a sack all season. Some stat guy needs to check it out but, I am pretty damn sure I am right. He definitely didn't give one up yesterday. 

I don't think so. He hasn't allowed a sack all season. Some stat guy needs to check it out but, I am pretty damn sure I am right. He definitely didn't give one up yesterday.

Taylor whipped (98) him for a sack and a few pressures.It's ok Mugsy.

He's showing promise. He dominated in the run game.

He's definately proving me wrong. I declared him a bust.

Ps- draft another top lineman this year and we will have a solid 3 foundation: Jeff Allen is strong at guard

The Chiefs only allowed one sack, and they won the game Sunday. I did  not watch, so I cannot comment on the individual play. I can only say it was a better outcome than I anticipated. Grubbs was out, and the lineup had to be shuffled around. Allen replaced Grubbs, and Reid played RT, from the reports I heard. The fact is they did not get Alex Smith killed, and they came out on top. I don't have anything bad to say about the Chiefs this week. They did what they were supposed to do. 

Jeff Allen is okay at Tackle, not very good at guard.

His play says promise, but not enough to ignore mass injury concern. I'd move on.

Fisher is a good Right Tackle. They've got a solid guy at Center.

A trade for a LT and a solid FA or 2 at G goes a long way for this squad.

This was Dorseys theory. He missed on Grubbs. And Fulton did not progress. Allen should stay at tackle.

http://overthecap.com/calculator/kansas-city-chiefs/

I just did a cut Grubbs in 2016 to see how it would affect the cap for KC. They gained $1.1 M by cutting him. That does not sound right, but if it is, then Grubbs may be one and done with the Chiefs.

Here is my thoughts on Grubbs. His mad across the line caused Peterson to be pressured 45 times so far this year. 

Jeff Allen is okay at Tackle, not very good at guard.

His play says promise, but not enough to ignore mass injury concern. I'd move on.

Fisher is a good Right Tackle. They've got a solid guy at Center.

A trade for a LT and a solid FA or 2 at G goes a long way for this squad.

Allen is good at guard and OK at tackle.

Fisher is good at LT and he will be affordable. How much better are you going to get?

I am against trading picks for players at this point. We need to build through the draft. 

Eric Kush - C - Texans
Texans signed C Eric Kush.

Per Roto World

So this guy never got picked up by anyone until now? Wasn't  the brass thinking he was a potential starter?  Maybe Chiefs no nothing about o-line talent? Harris starting at LT for Broncos..after injury yes...but still? 

Eric Kush - C - Texans

Per Roto World

So this guy never got picked up by anyone until now? Wasn't the brass thinking he was a potential starter? Maybe Chiefs no nothing about o-line talent? Harris starting at LT for Broncos..after injury yes...but still?

I think the biggest problem is the offensive line coach. And maybe Andy Reid's loyalty to him.

Eric Kush - C - Texans

Per Roto World

So this guy never got picked up by anyone until now? Wasn't the brass thinking he was a potential starter? Maybe Chiefs no nothing about o-line talent? Harris starting at LT for Broncos..after injury yes...but still?

They were smart enough to draft a center and dump him. Not sure what your point is here. If they thought he was a stud, he would still be here.

Archived