Grading the Kansas City Chiefs new offensive line: Pleasantly surprised

They were smart enough to draft a center and dump him. Not sure what your point is here. If they thought he was a stud, he would still be here.

What a team does means a lot more than what they say. In fact, what they say is usually subterfuge, One year the Chiefs were looking for a Center, and in that draft, the Colts picked three of them. KC ended the draft with none. 

Another thing, when a player gets cut that player is not necessarily a bad player. Teams like to go with the guys they have. They are more comfortable with the players in their own system. Eric Kush seems to be a good guy. I am happy for him, and his family to get another shot in the NFL. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eric Kush - C - Texans

Texans signed C Eric Kush.

Per Roto World

So this guy never got picked up by anyone until now? Wasn't  the brass thinking he was a potential starter?  Maybe Chiefs no nothing about o-line talent? Harris starting at LT for Broncos..after injury yes...but still? 

He signed with Tampa the day he was cut. Not sure how long he stayed there?

What a team does means a lot more than what they say. In fact, what they say is usually subterfuge, One year the Chiefs were looking for a Center, and in that draft, the Colts picked three of them. KC ended the draft with none. 

Another thing, when a player gets cut that player is not necessarily a bad player. Teams like to go with the guys they have. They are more comfortable with the players in their own system. Eric Kush seems to be a good guy. I am happy for him, and his family to get another shot in the NFL.

True but Kush is not a good player

NOTE: Pats played with only one of their starters at o=line today. Won. Brady rolls on despite injuries.

So what? We almost beat San Diego a couple of years ago with one starter playing out of the starting 22 and he was a FS (Kendrick Lewis). San Diego had to win that game to get into the playoffs. Then, they went on to beat Cincinnati in the Wild Card Game. 

NOTE: Pats played with only one of their starters at o=line today. Won. Brady rolls on despite injuries.

So what? We almost beat San Diego a couple of years ago with one starter playing out of the starting 22 and he was a FS (Kendrick Lewis). San Diego had to win that game to get into the playoffs. Then, they went on to beat Cincinnati in the Wild Card Game. 

Yeah.

Brady > Smith. Belicheck > Reid. NE Receivers > KC Receivers. Most of KC's opponents > Washington. How do our linemen grade out versus NE's starters this week? Specifically for pass protection.

People who said they didn't want an elite QB = 0.

People who said Smith was elite = 0

People who said that KC was as good as the wins over the Patriots and Seattle = 0.

People who said that Smith didn't need to play better = 0

People who said that this line didn't need to play better = 0

The fact that elite Brady can beat a bad to ok Redskins team, not really relevant to us. I know it's supposed to say that Brady does more with less, but was that a question we need to prove here? Brady is better than Smith, Smith is not elite, it would be nice to have an elite QB, Smith needs to play better than he has and at the beginning of the year did not play his norm. What's the point needing to be proved that hasn't already been proven? Smith needs an oline and he doesn't have one. Smith has his limitation that doesn't make the line look better, but weren't we in consensus here anyway?

Yeah.

Brady > Smith. Belicheck > Reid. NE Receivers > KC Receivers. Most of KC's opponents > Washington. How do our linemen grade out versus NE's starters this week? Specifically for pass protection.

People who said that KC was as good as the wins over the Patriots and Seattle = 0.

The fact that elite Brady can beat a bad to ok Redskins team, not really relevant to us. I know it's supposed to say that Brady does more with less, but was that a question we need to prove here? Brady is better than Smith, Smith is not elite, it would be nice to have an elite QB, Smith needs to play better than he has and at the beginning of the year did not play his norm. What's the point needing to be proved that hasn't already been proven? Smith needs an oline and he doesn't have one. Smith has his limitation that doesn't make the line look better, but weren't we in consensus here anyway?

I agree completely. What is up with, if we only had Brady? If we only had Rogers? Yes, the Oline what not be as important. HTF do we get Brady or Rogers? We don't. Even if we get the #1 overall pick, we will not get Brady or Rogers. We will get get Tannehill or Stafford. We still need an Oline. Let's get a franchise QB. I'm in. It doesn't mean that pass rushers don't matter. If you agree that pass rushers matter, then you have to agree that Oline matters.

Yeah.

I remember Kansas City defeating Brady and the Patriots. I think it was only last year. 

The issues with the Chiefs go deeper than personnel issues. The Chiefs have some holes on this team, but every team in the league has holes. The problem is the coaches have not addressed viable solutions to cover the deficiencies, and players have not made enough plays. A team takes on the personality of the coach. The Chiefs tell a story about the coach much more than they do about individual players. I hope Andy can get it back together. I saw this coming long before the tide turned. He is just not in it this year. I think the players have taken it personally, and the leaders are rising to the occasion. 

I am very disappointed in the efforts. The OLINE sucks. Sure, that is an issue. Not the only issue. 

The Chiefs' fan base is the first fan base I've seen that thinks it lost during a bye week because winning teams elsewhere in the league overcame adversity during a non-bye week.

On a slightly unrelated note, the 49ers' fan base is the first fan base I've seen that thinks that it lost during a non-bye week when it won starting the backup quarterback.

The Washington Redskins lost because the Patriots' defense held them to 3 points outside of garbage time. This is not really newsworthy.

Archived