Only Positive Takes Thread

I know. Got to dig deep, but we need some positivity.

West: he really looks like our next starting RB.

Oline: Much better. Only one game, but I saw Alex pump fake deep and then find a shorter WR. We have not had time to do that.

Run defense: The Dline is really playing well and it shows in the run defense compared to last year.

Maclin injury: Believe it or not, this helped us get some passes spread around. Albert and Connely were dropping everything for a while, but settled in and looked pretty solid. It was good for them and good for Smith.

Smith: With a little protection he looked good even without his stud WR. Like it or not, he is top 10 in passing. That is with terrible protection. With some good line play, he could easily move up from #9 to approach top 5. TDs are low right now, but so are INTs.

Hali: He finally got to the QB. Maybe he is no quite done after all. It is a big step in the right direction.

The Chiefs have overcome a deep rut, and seem to be on the verge of turning this thing around. If they can protect Alex, and the offense can win a few plays, the defense should overwhelm the Lions. If they can win without Grubbs, it will be a sign this team is maturing just in time. 

Guest appalachianchief

I'm all in with this team I said, before our Chiefs lost to the Bears that this team would go 12-4 or 11-5. Well obviously 12-4 is not going to happen but 11-5 is!! Chiefs win out and make the playoffs. No how's that for positive GO CHIEFS!!

Even though I don't like the QBR stat and Smith had a few bad throws or missed receivers, since this is the positives thread, Smith got 100 out of 100 today.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400761516

Stafford, with two picks, multiple sacks, and a meaningless garbage time TD got 78.1 in a 45-10 loss, but whatever.

As of now, ahead of the Kansas City Chiefs in the Wild Card Race:

5. Jets (4-2, playing against the Raiders)

6 & 7. Steelers (4-4) and Raiders (3-3, playing against the Jets) (the Steelers will fall to seventh place if the Raiders win)

8. Bills (3-4, bye week)

9. Dolphins (3-4, bye week)

If the Raiders win today, the Jets will be only 1½ games ahead of the Chiefs. The Steelers are now only a half-game ahead of the Chiefs after dropping their home matchup against the still-undefeated Bengals only a week after ceding their head-to-head tiebreaker against the Chiefs. The Bills and Dolphins are likewise a half-game ahead.

After the start that the Chiefs had, this is hardly a terrible situation. Enjoy the bye week.

Poe looks close to 100%.

Houston addressed the criticism and showed up.

How about Sean Smith vs. Megatron???

We are better with Mauga in there.

Alex showed heart for the first time this year imo. 

Eric Fisher looks like the first overall pick should look. He is playing at a pro bowl level.

Poe looks close to 100%.

Eric Fisher looks like the first overall pick should look. He is playing at a pro bowl level.

Agree. Nice take. Great game today with a great chance to work. The more run heavy play cslling really balanced us out. Great called game. Good for them.

Poe looks close to 100%.

Houston addresses your criticism. No one else is criticizing him.

Fisher looked ok. His run blocking was stellar. Pass pro avg.

Alex Smith looked competent and average, something we haven't seen him get to in a while.

The O-line was solid. Eric Fisher is having a great year.

Charcandrick West is what I thought he was, for yet another week.

The defense didn't find new ways to give up huge chunks of yards and looked solid.

If this wasn't a thread that was limited to positive comments, I might point out that the Chiefs were playing possibly the worst team in the NFL today. 

The Broncos just limited Aaron Rodgers to 3 yards per action play, and his offense put up 10 points (while giving up 2).

I getting dogging the Chiefs for earning a meaningful win in what appears to be an earnest attempt to turn the team around, but how exactly do you justify the Packers' performance today. Aaron Rodgers is the NFL's best quarterback today, right? Didn't Alex Smith perform much better against the same defense? Does that mean nothing?

(Yes, of course that means nothing, because saying anything positive about Alex Smith means nothing in the eyes of people who have decided that Alex Smith is not a Franchise Quarterback for the reason that Alex Smith is not a Franchise Quarterback. Round and round and round we go. Meanwhile, the Packers are sitting at 6-1.)

Guest 303Chiefs

The Broncos just limited Aaron Rodgers to 3 yards per action play, and his offense put up 10 points (while giving up 2).

I getting dogging the Chiefs for earning a meaningful win in what appears to be an earnest attempt to turn the team around, but how exactly do you justify the Packers' performance today. Aaron Rodgers is the NFL's best quarterback today, right? Didn't Alex Smith perform much better against the same defense? Does that mean nothing?

(Yes, of course that means nothing, because saying anything positive about Alex Smith means nothing in the eyes of people who have decided that Alex Smith is not a Franchise Quarterback for the reason that Alex Smith is not a Franchise Quarterback. Round and round and round we go. Meanwhile, the Packers are sitting at 6-1.)

Apples to oranges man. That was weeks ago and Denver had two weeks to prepare for Rogers not mention they were at home. The Denver d we saw was not the same Denver d they have going forward. Same players but better play at this point.

Apples to oranges man. That was weeks ago and Denver had two weeks to prepare for Rogers not mention they were at home. The Denver d we saw was not the same Denver d they have going forward. Same players but better play at this point.

Sure, and while Rodgers > Smith, can we take this as a sincere reason for Smith producing little in Week 10 or if he produces for it to be a good game? Or are we going to say Smith got 77 yards because he sucks? Or say he got > 77 because Denver's D was off?

Guest 303Chiefs

Sure, and while Rodgers > Smith, can we take this as a sincere reason for Smith producing little in Week 10 or if he produces for it to be a good game? Or are we going to say Smith got 77 yards because he sucks? Or say he got > 77 because Denver's D was off?

Smith will not put up numbers against that D in Denver. He had the home crowd in KC last game and the season was still high hopes. He even had JC, although, he's been a lost cause this season. Fumbling and injured like a rook.

You forgot, "Smith got more than 81 total yards because his runningbacks took more heat off of him than Rodgers' did."

When was the last time a Smith offense was held to less than 150 total yards? (Note: Smith's offense was held to 151 total yards by the Broncos during week 13 of 2014.)

Smith will not put up numbers against that D in Denver. He had the home crowd in KC last game and the season was still high hopes. He even had JC, although, he's been a lost cause this season. Fumbling and injured like a rook.

I didn't say he would put up numbers. The number is 77 or more. 3.5 yards per throw or better. Two offensive TDs.

I will even remove garbage time for you. I believe our offense will get better numbers before garbage time.

Archived