Bring Back Marty as GM

Guest Okiechief1

I like Marty as a coach. The guy is 72, and been out of the NfL for a decade and hasn't coached at all in 5 years. I think Marty had offers a year or two after SD he just chose not to. I just think he is done and doesn't want to be in the grind anymore and probably is just enjoying retirement.

Side note, Clark consulted Marty before be hired Reid and Marty liked the hire.

No idea of who cause I don't think either one is going anywhere unless they walk away on their own before their contract ends.

I think it takes time to develop a team, and Dorsey has the ability. Dorsey has made mistakes, but he is talented, and will grow into the job. I don't think you benefit from moving away from him now. Give it a little time. He isn't Pioli. He fits with the culture. It probably will get better. 

I think it takes time to develop a team, and Dorsey has the ability. Dorsey has made mistakes, but he is talented, and will grow into the job. I don't think you benefit from moving away from him now. Give it a little time. He isn't Pioli. He fits with the culture. It probably will get better. 

I have no evidence of talent. Its like all the guys from the Patriots. Pats keep winning and Pack keeps winning when all the great assistants leave. Those Front Offices and Coaches have Talent.

anybody that really appreciated Marty knew that he was forever the teacher and motivator. He could really coach a player up...not really GM material. The age factor also comes into play . I like the idea of Marty having Clark's ear but other than that I just say no.

anybody that really appreciated Marty knew that he was forever the teacher and motivator. He could really coach a player up...not really GM material. The age factor also comes into play . I like the idea of Marty having Clark's ear but other than that I just say no.

How old was Reagan as President?

Not sure what Reagan going from Gov to Prez has anything to do with Marty going from a long since retired coach to an active GM, but as long as it makes sense in your mind, your good.

Age issue!  Marty may not be the guy but age is not automatically the issue. Reagan was OLD

The age thing is not as significant as the type of job it is. If he was A 72 yo retired GM coming back, I don't think age is an issue. Reagan was the top executive of our most challenging state going to top exec of the country. Seems like a step up rather than a complete career change.

The age thing is not as significant as the type of job it is. If he was A 72 yo retired GM coming back, I don't think age is an issue. Reagan was the top executive of our most challenging state going to top exec of the country. Seems like a step up rather than a complete career change.

DH..I for one have had about enough of you for now..

bringing all that 'reason' and 'context' shit to the board today...

Wow. You should run for office. Wisdom beyond opinion. Insight beyond vision.

Guest 303Chiefs

I happen to think Marty would be an excellent GM. He knows talent, coaching and player.

How insightful. Thr Hunts don't have the ballsack to hold nuts let alone the ability or will to do what it takes to build a winner.

Guest 303Chiefs

73 years old. Never been a GM. Not a good idea.

Lol, like it would matter. This team is terribly ran from ownership to gm to coaches to players to the ball boys and probably to the crew that mows the field.

Archived