London Game vs. Lions Game Day Thread

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So your point was? KC can do this against real NFL Teams? See 5 losses. Every team would make that same point. Only if?

This team is about to be 3-5 before the bye when it should have been 5-3 (defensive collapse against Broncos - most offensive points yielded to the 2015 Broncos by a defense; defensive collapse against the Bears - one of only two teams to allow 12 or more points in the fourth quarter), and could have been 6-2 (game-losing fumble by Charcandrick West). I'll concede the road losses against the Packers and Bengals as being bad losses, but then those are 6-0 teams for a reason, and only in the Packers game were the Chiefs truly non-competitive.

Yes, "Only if" doesn't turn losses into wins, but the Chiefs' "Only if's" have been a little more unusual than those of many other NFL teams. You might have emotionally disconnected yourself from the team, and it's your right to do so, but at this point I doubt anything would make you believe the Chiefs have a chance at the 2015 post-season.

Against the Chiefs, the 2013 Indianapolis Colts needed 24:18 to comeback from a 28-point deficit in the Wild Card Playoff. The Lions started their drive with 12:34 to play after the Chiefs had responded to the Lions' opening score with a 31-point run.

3-5, a bye, and some time to heal. After that:

@ Denver

@ San Diego

vs. Bills

@ Oakland

vs. Chargers

@ Baltimore

vs. Browns

vs. Raiders

The 4-2 Jets are likely to enter week 12 at 7-3. They have a relatively easy back end of their schedule.

The 4-3 Steelers are likely to enter week 12 at 6-4. Their schedule's back end is brutal.

If the Chiefs can reach week 12 with a 4-6 record, they'll have a strong position from which they might win out and make the pre-season. If they exceed expectations and manage two road wins against the Broncos and the Chargers, they might even buy themselves some breathing room.

The Chiefs gave away three games already this season and you guys are talking playoff possibilities?

We already talked about the team being done. We've already talked about Reid sucking, Smith sucking, the defense sucking, etc. We also talked about the season being done without Charles. Why not want to talk about something else?

We have all off-season to talk about the next year. In fact, if we are as out of it as you think, we have other weeks to talk about. I don't understand the rush to do so when we have all talked about it already.

Enjoy the games and don't worry about the playoffs. If the Chiefs get there, it will be a bonus. Playoff talk should be shelved for now. Charcandrick West, and some of the young players are getting a chance, and doing well. The Chiefs are starting to play exciting football. They play Denver after the bye. It should be fun. The four game slide after the Denver game was hard to take. It looks as if the Chiefs now have it out of their system. We will know more after the away game with Denver. 

Woooo boy the Lions are a special kind of awful

No idea what the fuck they were thinking when they hired Caldwell

They weren't. The Chiefs may have made the wrong decision with Reid, but they were thinking. I think the Lions made the same wrong decision as the Niners did. They wanted to win the PR battle, stay out of the news. People felt that Detroit needed discipline so they hired him. They did pretty well for themselves first year, like us. Maybe in the off-season, they felt accomplished enough and cheated (playoffs) instead of motivated?

or what were they thinking by firing three offensive coaches before you leave for a game overseas

Maybe they wanted to fire Caldwell but wanted to remove the other culpable parties and say "see?" The problem is the timing of the removal just gives Caldwell another excuse for not having enough prep time in the new system.

If he is as bad as they say, they could've just given him the bye week with the new offensive coaches and then fired him after the Green Bay loss that would follow.

Enjoy the games and don't worry about the playoffs. If the Chiefs get there, it will be a bonus. Playoff talk should be shelved for now. Charcandrick West, and some of the young players are getting a chance, and doing well. The Chiefs are starting to play exciting football. They play Denver after the bye. It should be fun. The four game slide after the Denver game was hard to take. It looks as if the Chiefs now have it out of their system. We will know more after the away game with Denver.

I agree with everything you said. I haven't been through this thread but your post is spot on imo. I'm just happy I get to watch another Chief's win online later

Guest 303Chiefs

Caldwell is a fired man walking, and he deserves it. But the Chiefs played outstanding today, take nothing away from their execution, they were crisp as hell.

Crisp because of the voided areas the bad defense they were playing gave them? That was due to bad defense not great offense...

Enjoy the games and don't worry about the playoffs. If the Chiefs get there, it will be a bonus.

Yes. Enjoy the ride. Even bad football is better than no football. We will have no football in two months and won't get it again for nine more.

First Half San Diego. Three starting OL left game in the 1st quarter including left tackle. Rivers 19-22 157 Yards 2tds at the half despite injuries.

Coaching...Rivers     Adversity?

Did you watch the game, or did you just pull up the stats?

I don't understand why Rivers would be held up as some remarkable example of a quarterback when it looked to me like whoever was on the offensive line was doing their job pretty well on the highlight videos. Rivers had time on the key throws. Let's not pretend that his line was as bad as what Smith had to deal with in the Chiefs' five losses. And Rivers' production did drop off in the second half. What Rivers did against a defense that is in the league's bottom-fourth in total offensive yards allowed per game and points allowed per game isn't exactly impressive.

Maybe if Smith was playing against more bottom-of-the-barrel defenses like that of the Lions, he would have more 45-point games.

Guest BroncoStud

Crisp because of the voided areas the bad defense they were playing gave them? That was due to bad defense not great offense...

Dude, you can only line up and play against the opponent in front of you each week.  Yesterday the Chiefs dominated the opponent in front of them, you can't complain this week.  They played very well.

Archived