Sad: Raiders New AFC West Power

I don't think you get it. This team won a lot in spite of Alex.

Alex is a fine acquisition as a rental at the right price. They paid him like he's going to lead this team with his play, and well that's not going to happen.

I'm not mad, just tired of the same old narrative from Arrowhead and the same homers buying into the bullshit every year.

Clark has shown that he will cave under fan pressure and people refuse to exercise it.

They would rather trend around .500 and settle for maybe going to the playoffs every once in awhile.

Can't handle being a real winner.

Ditto

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guest 303Chiefs

The goal is to win man. Did you ever play sports? Alex has won here. It has been a bad season but that last two years were good (comparatively speaking). Quit crying and bitching because we don't have a great QB. Get over it or find a new team. It is going to be a while.

The old, "get a new team of you don't like it," saying is hilarious. If the goal is to win then WHAT THE FUCK GOAL ARE THE CHIEFS PLAYING TOWARDS?

I would think a franchise with a goal to win wouldn't let probowlers decay while they continue to start back up qb's. You would think a team who wants to win would use #1 draft picks on best player available instead of weak ass shit projects. You would think a franchise who wants to win would go after the best free agents and make it happen instead of making excuses and letting people use them as bargaining chips.

Don't tell people to get new teams because you've been a Chiefs fan for longer than most have been alive and they dislike the constant state of next year this franchise is.

The old, "get a new team of you don't like it," saying is hilarious. If the goal is to win then WHAT THE FUCK GOAL ARE THE CHIEFS PLAYING TOWARDS?

I would think a franchise with a goal to win wouldn't let probowlers decay while they continue to start back up qb's. You would think a team who wants to win would use #1 draft picks on best player available instead of weak ass shit projects. You would think a franchise who wants to win would go after the best free agents and make it happen instead of making excuses and letting people use them as bargaining chips.

Don't tell people to get new teams because you've been a Chiefs fan for longer than most have been alive and they dislike the constant state of next year this franchise is.

Smith is not a backup QB. And I don't take other franchises' word for it. He was playing like a starter when he was benched and was winning executing what he was asked. He played like a starter here in these two years and he's still top 32 even if you include real backups.

Now, is he good enough or a franchise quarterback? I'm not making those claims.

Guest 303Chiefs

Smith is not a backup QB. And I don't take other franchise's word for it. He was playing like a starter when he was benched and was winning executing what he was asked. He played like a starter here in these two years and he's still top 32 even if you include real backups.

Now, is he good enough or a franchise quarterback? I'm not making those claims.

It doesn't really matter. I'm convinced we could have Tom friggin Brady and this snake bit franchise would still lose.

I don't think you get it. This team won a lot in spite of Alex.

Alex is a fine acquisition as a rental at the right price. They paid him like he's going to lead this team with his play, and well that's not going to happen.

I'm not mad, just tired of the same old narrative from Arrowhead and the same homers buying into the bullshit every year.

Clark has shown that he will cave under fan pressure and people refuse to exercise it.

They would rather trend around .500 and settle for maybe going to the playoffs every once in awhile.

Can't handle being a real winner.

No dude, this team was a consistent loser before Alex. It was pretty much the same team that won two games and picked first in the draft. Alex was a big part of the turnaround. I don't think we can win a Superbowl with him or anything but, we can win with him and that is good enough for me. I agree that we need to draft a QB. However, take a look around. It is very difficult to find a good one. The really good ones win multiple Super Bowls. The current rules are set up for this happen over and over. The league is designed for it's biggest star quarterbacks to shine. I would prefer to win while I wait for one. I do not like the Browns way of constantly trading everything for quarterback prospects over and over while creating a continuous culture of losing.  

I do get it. We are probably more likely to win a Super Bowl this way then we are to land that Superstar QB in the draft and win one that way.Neither way is very likely. Star QBs only come around every 5-6 years and there is a lot of luck involved in acquiring one. You need to be realistic and start looking at things the way they truly are. 

Stop expecting anything man. The goal this year was to win a playoff game and that goal is still not out of the question. This team hasn't done that yet. In fact, they LOST one in spite of Alex.  

No dude, this team was a consistent loser before Alex. It was pretty much the same team that won two games and picked first in the draft. Alex was a big part of the turnaround. I don't think we can win a Superbowl with him or anything but, we can win with him and that is good enough for me. I agree that we need to draft a QB. However, take a look around. It is very difficult to find a good one. The really good ones win multiple Super Bowls. The current rules are set up for this happen. The league is designed for it's biggest star quarterbacks to shine. 

I do get it. We are probably more likely to win a Super Bowl this way then we are to land that Superstar QB in the draft and win one that way.Neither way is very likely. Star QBs only come around every 5-6 years and there is a lot of luck involved in acquiring one. You need to be realistic and start looking at things the way they truly are. 

Stop expecting anything man. The goal this year was to win a playoff game and that goal is still not out of the question. This team hasn't done that yet. In fact, they LOST one in spite of Alex.  

Who said thats the goal? Win a playoff game. Must be your goal.

Who said thats the goal? Win a playoff game. Must be your goal.

It was my goal for this year and it was probably most realistic fans goal too. Do you know how long it has been since we won a playoff game? That is clearly the next step. This team needs to learn how to win a playoff game. Pro Bowlers and talent are great but, that's just "potential" in the end and "Potential" means you haven't done shit. 

I'm not supporting any more banners. This season has been disappointing but we need to ride this out. 

BTW, Clark has gone out of his way to show he won't cave under fan pressure. He just said Reid and Dorsey will be here in 2016. 

Who cares he is a loser. He has no clue. He is a HUNT>

Where is this temper tantrum really going? What is the end game? You think the fans can make him sell the team or something? Do you think anyone actually cares what people with this perspective think? It's obvious the guy is trying to win. If you can't see that then you are a moron. 

Where is this temper tantrum really going? What is the end game? You think the fans can make him sell the team or something? Do you think anyone actually cares what people with this perspective think? It's obvious the guy is trying to win. If you can't see that then you are a moron. 

No temper. No expectation. Reality.

If you argue for your limitations, chiefs in this case, you get to keep them.

Live your fan life and I will live mine.

If there are no expectations, there shouldn't be an emotional reaction. Resignation and calm talk happens with no expectations. Being happy about wins over bad teams is a response to no expectations because the neutral response to an objectively positive thing is being happy. No expectations would result in the same response to a loss to the Chicago Bears as it would to the Packers.

If there isn't an emotional reaction, something else must explain your posts. It is not some beacon of light to post negative things that someone posts every year. It's not something special to be on a high horse about expecting a championship while claiming your anger comes from no expectations and is not a tantrum.

We are all reading your posts, it certainly seems that there were expectations that you're upset about. We can all talk about reality and we can all be upset about that reality, it just seems the strength of which you post that reality comes from emotion.

If there are no expectations, there shouldn't be an emotional reaction. Resignation and calm talk happens with no expectations. Being happy about wins over bad teams is a response to no expectations because the neutral response to an objectively positive thing is being happy. No expectations would result in the same response to a loss to the Chicago Bears as it would to the Packers.

If there isn't an emotional reaction, something else must explain your posts. It is not some beacon of light to post negative things that someone posts every year. It's not something special to be on a high horse about expecting a championship while claiming your anger comes from no expectations and is not a tantrum.

We are all reading your posts, it certainly seems that there were expectations that you're upset about. We can all talk about reality and we can all be upset about that reality, it just seems the strength of which you post that reality comes from emotion.

I could care less what others think. Express my opinion. Think what you want. I dont need to defend my opinion because all of us have one. This is a forum to express opinion. Remember you are entertainment for me. The Chiefs not so much.

I could care less what others think. Express my opinion. Think what you want. I dont need to defend my opinion because all of us have one. This is a forum to express opinion. Remember you are entertainment for me. The Chiefs not so much.

If you could care less, that means you care a little. That way you could care less than you do. If you couldn't care less, that would mean you had no care and could not care less.

Besides, it's not just logical grammar. If you couldn't care less, then you wouldn't defend yourself here. If it is just expressing an opinion and not discussion, than you should just have a blog.

Amongst the things discussion board talks about is how and why people post. When someone comes on and posts a lot of negative posts, a question of their emotion naturally comes up. It's part of a message board. If you say people should accept your opinion then you should accept people wondering about your emotion or thought process in posting a series of negative posts when you say you have no expectations. No one said you should not post your opinions here.

Are you mad that the Chiefs won the last couple of weeks? That's what it sounds like to me. 

It sounds like you gambling all of your personal fandom on sucking this season, getting a top 10 pick, and drafting a QB.

Why on earth would you do that to yourself???? I believe you do have an expectation and that is it. 

Let me go back to my initial question... 

Did you ever play sports? 

Are you mad that the Chiefs won the last couple of weeks? That's what it sounds like to me. 

It sounds like you gambling all of your personal fandom on sucking this season, getting a top 10 pick, and drafting a QB.

Why on earth would you do that to yourself???? I believe you do have an expectation and that is it. 

Yes at very high levels. No I dont care what you think. In fact you win this discussion. You are so correct and other should simply realise that. That goodness we have you!

Note: You are also entertainment. Thanks for showing up.  Enjoy your day.

Yes at very high levels. No I dont care what you think. In fact you win this discussion. You are so correct and other should simply realise that. That goodness we have you!

Note: You are also entertainment. Thanks for showing up.  Enjoy your day.

I don't know why this question ever gets asked. Everyone you meet at a High School Reunion is working at a Forbes 400 company and is happily married, and everyone you converse with on an Internet Sports Forum has played sports at a very high level.

For reference, I don't, I am, and I haven't, and I'm perfectly happy at doing well in the most important of those three. And it doesn't really matter if you believe me.

Yeah he was really resilient to that invisible pressure

Lmao you have no clue

You are "Frank the Tank" dude. You are leading a streaking marathon by yourself. Go ahead and keep trying to rally the troops. it is funny to watch.

ferrel.jpg?quality=100&w=1360

I don't know why this question ever gets asked. Everyone you meet at a High School Reunion is working at a Forbes 400 company and is happily married, and everyone you converse with on an Internet Sports Forum has played sports at a very high level.

For reference, I don't, I am, and I haven't, and I'm perfectly happy at doing well in the most important of those three. And it doesn't really matter if you believe me.

Because if you played sports you might understand that a team would never intentionally try to lose. It's hard for me to believe someone who played sports at a high level would root for his team to ever lose. 

Archived