Sad: Raiders New AFC West Power

Let me know when you have an effective plan to change the thinking inside One Arrowhead.....Hunt already played his cards that Reid and Dorsey are both coming back in 2016....That means that Smith will be back too, barring injury.

Also, Re-read my post, I prefer Smith over Carr for now....Who knows about the future....Its the NFL

w

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me know when you have an effective plan to change the thinking inside One Arrowhead.....Hunt already played his cards that Reid and Dorsey are both coming back in 2016....That means that Smith will be back too, barring injury.

Also, Re-read my post, I prefer Smith over Carr for now....Who knows about the future....Its the NFL

w

Really? Smith over Carr?

Stop it.....Carr shows promise...Whoopy Do...

Smith showed promise

Andrew Luck showed promise....

QB's are very much dependent of Head Coaches their team....

Let's give Carr & the Raiders time to win a division and a couple of playoff games...

w

Stop it.....Carr shows promise...Whoopy Do...

Smith showed promise

Andrew Luck showed promise....

QB's are very much dependent of Head Coaches their team....

Let's give Carr & the Raiders time to win a division and a couple of playoff games...

w

Alex showed a little. His physical tools have never been great.

Carr is the total package. IMO

• 1 month later...

They were 7-9. I missed it by one game. 

Like I said...they have some nice pieces to build around. What remains to be seen is this franchise's ability to "build" on it's success. Remember it was just a few years ago the Raiders were 8-8 (2010-2011). I think everyone hailed their arrival back then too.They went on to win 11 games in the next three years. Del Rio is a great rah rah guy and can get his guys to play. But he is not a great Xs and Os coach. If he can't contend in the next two years he is gone like every other coach.

Even the crown jewel pieces of their team now has question marks. Cooper drops a lot of passes. Carr really tapered off in the 2nd half of the season. Mack sometimes disappears from games and often misses tackles. 

I think Oakland is at a real crossroad and whether their arrow is pointing up or down will depend a lot on this year's movements. To be continued...

Alex Smith was in top form this year. There were moments when he was not so good, but he came on strong at the end. The key with Smith has always been to give him enough time. When he is not given adequate protection, his accuracy suffers. This is not only true with Smith, it is true with 90% of all quarterbacks in the NFL. Smith ran for close to 500 yards this season. The running yards came at ideal moments in games. He ran for first downs on occasions. 

Carr could end up being a better QB. He has the tools to do so. Alex Smith has defied father time. He is getting better. If Smith can avoid big hits, he could play for a number of years in the NFL. His style of play frustrates opponents. I recall playing Denver, and Jake the snake Plummer just killed KC with the bootleg. Its nice to be on the other side, watching other teams have to deal with it instead of the Chiefs. 

Comparing Alex Smith with Carr (or any other player in the league for that matter) is useless. Its apples and grapes comparison when evaluating Alex Smith's worth. The closest thing this year has been Peyton Manning, who clearly has lost his fast ball. Manning should be much worse than Osweiler, but in the game yesterday, Osweiler relinquished the spot to Manning, who led Denver past San Diego. Alex brings that same kind of moxy that is impossible to define on a stat sheet. 

Sure glad this thread got bumped. Amusing to read how wrong the Negative Nellies were. Admirable for Cali and fanatic to eat their crow. Only liquid still sloshing around... :P Can't believe we swept those powerhouse Raiders!

They are coming. Headed in the right direction fit the first time since grudeb.

Carr Mack and cooper are gonna give us some battles.

Archived