Sad: Raiders New AFC West Power

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think you get it. This team won a lot in spite of Alex.

Alex is a fine acquisition as a rental at the right price. They paid him like he's going to lead this team with his play, and well that's not going to happen.

I'm not mad, just tired of the same old narrative from Arrowhead and the same homers buying into the bullshit every year.

Clark has shown that he will cave under fan pressure and people refuse to exercise it.

They would rather trend around .500 and settle for maybe going to the playoffs every once in awhile.

Can't handle being a real winner.

Really if the truth were known we don't know how to be much above 500..

Oakland will be a .500 team this year. They are much better than last season, but hardly a powerhouse.

Finally a voice of reason!! Yes...Oakland looks better. They also beat some bad teams. Who have they defeated that would make you go "Whoa...watch out for Oakland." ? Gotta put it in perspective. Better does not mean they are suddenly on the verge of being a dynasty.

Raiders have good young talent.

Cooper is the Real Deal and Carr looks much improved this year.

Credit should go to Jack Del Rio as the Head coach....He is making a difference.

Raiders are going to be competitive, as are the Chiefs.

w

I don't get it. You hate the owner, the GM, the coach and the players. You hate this franchise. Why are you here? Find a team you like and support them. That is what a fan is.

Haven't you heard? It is not about you. ;)

(In case you didn't follow the conversation before, I said what you said and then added that if he doesn't care and doesn't like the team and doesn't seem to draw any real enjoyment from the team and only says negative things here, it doesn't give value to him or us. To which he responded that it wasn't about us as to why he posts. To me, a blog would be more fitting for him then if he doesn't care for discussion. His entertainment is not watching the team but rather to see how people respond his negativity.)

Raiders have good young talent.

Cooper is the Real Deal and Carr looks much improved this year.

Credit should go to Jack Del Rio as the Head coach....He is making a difference.

Raiders are going to be competitive, as are the Chiefs.

w

Del Rio is a super jerk. Broke Otis Taylors nose in a lockerroom altercation.

Haven't you heard? It is not about you. ;)

(In case you didn't follow the conversation before, I said what you said and then added that if he doesn't care and doesn't like the team and doesn't seem to draw any real enjoyment from the team and only says negative things here, it doesn't give value to him or us. To which he responded that it wasn't about us as to why he posts. To me, a blog would be more fitting for him then if he doesn't care for discussion. His entertainment is not watching the team but rather to see how people respond his negativity.)

So true. I can't wait to watch us play again.

I still am having trouble equating wins against three 2-6 teams and a Geno Smith led Jets team as Oakland now being a "power" team. Who have they beaten that makes you think "Wow...Oakland is the real deal?" Okay....they no longer lose to the bottom feeders. Congrats on being a mediocre team instead of totally sucking. It's a step up but come on...

I still am having trouble equating wins against three 2-6 teams and a Geno Smith led Jets team as Oakland now being a "power" team. Who have they beaten that makes you think "Wow...Oakland is the real deal?" Okay....they no longer lose to the bottom feeders. Congrats on being a mediocre team instead of totally sucking. It's a step up but come on...

Ex-fuckin'-zactly!  They probably won't get to .500...again.

Incidentally, do we want the Steelers to beat the Raiders this week or the Raiders to beat the Steelers? Has anyone looked at the remaining strength of schedule for those two teams? If you think we have no chance at the playoffs, disregard that belief. I'm just talking hypothetically.

Incidentally, do we want the Steelers to beat the Raiders this week or the Raiders to beat the Steelers? Has anyone looked at the remaining strength of schedule for those two teams? If you think we have no chance at the playoffs, disregard that belief. I'm just talking hypothetically.

To answer my own question, I suppose we'd want the Steelers to lose more because we have two shots at hurting Oakland's WC chances and we'd need those wins to even be thinking about tie-breakers. If the Steelers and Raiders end in a tie, that would be great. Again, I'm hypothetically speaking about playoffs. Not saying we are going.

Incidentally, do we want the Steelers to beat the Raiders this week or the Raiders to beat the Steelers? Has anyone look at the remaining strained the schedule for those two teams? If you think we have no chance at the playoffs, disregard that belief. I'm just talking hypothetically.

We always want the Raiders to lose. That part is simple. 

The Chiefs should only care about the next game. It won't matter what other teams do if they don't take care of business. I think they have a chip on their collective shoulders. That is good. They should not have lost the game against Chicago. That was a total collapse. 

We always want the Raiders to lose. That part is simple.

The Chiefs should only care about the next game. It won't matter what other teams do if they don't take care of business. I think they have a chip on their collective shoulders. That is good. They should not have lost the game against Chicago. That was a total collapse.

That's kind of my thing, though. As much as we hate the Raiders, we should want the Chiefs to make the playoffs and for that, we might need them to help eliminate the Steelers. The goal isn't to get the Raiders the worst record, it's to make the playoffs. When the Raiders play any non-AFC team or non-contending team or a team that has clinched, we obviously root for them to lose.

Guest dhitter

That's kind of my thing, though. As much as we hate the Raiders, we should want the Chiefs to make the playoffs and for that, we might need them to help eliminate the Steelers. The goal isn't to get the Raiders the worst record, it's to make the playoffs. When the Raiders play any non-AFC team or non-contending team or a team that has clinched, we obviously root for them to lose.

Sorry KCSL...

I cannot under any circumstance root for the Raiders to win. I hate them and their trash talking, circus costume wearing, rioting, battery chucking fans. Would the Hatfields root for the McCoys under any scenario known to man? I kinda doubt it. For me the disdain runs too deep to make exceptions.

Guest Okiechief1

They have the potential to be good but they aren't there yet. Defense isn't good and to many stupid mistakes for me to call them good or even a power yet. We'll see if they take the next step over the next couple years.

Carr to Cooper has the potential to be hell though.

Archived