Broncos Acquire Davis...Elway is so much better than Dorsey!

Broncos acquired TE Vernon Davis and a 2016 seventh-round pick from the 49ers in exchange for a sixth-round pick in 2016 and an additional sixth-round pick in 2017.
Davis, 31, has been in and out of the lineup for San Francisco this season, securing 18-of-29 targets for 294 yards and no touchdowns. He hasn't scored a TD since Week 1 of the 2014 season. Still, Davis has looked dynamic in open space when given opportunities and will give the Broncos a needed inside-the-numbers presence between Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders. Owen Daniels has looked all out of gas at age 33, while the Broncos fancy Virgil Green as a block-first tight end. Davis has a better chance at sustaining low-end TE1 value in Denver than he did with Colin Kaepernick. 

LIKE I SAID IN AN EARLIER POST....Elway is the reason for SUCCESS in DENVER! Continues to HAUNT KC.

Guest 303Chiefs

The broncos do whatever it takes and pay the bill later, the chiefs are scared of their own shadows and will fight the chargers for last place in the AFC West

Haha but at least the Hunts are solid owners and Good people. That sure wins a lot of football games. Oh oh and don't forget your good old nestalgia feelings of the old days of being a Chiefs fan. Get a new team of you don't like it say the old men. Fucking pathetic...

Haha but at least the Hunts are solid owners and Good people. That sure wins a lot of football games. Oh oh and don't forget your good old nestalgia feelings of the old days of being a Chiefs fan. Get a new team of you don't like it say the old men. Fucking pathetic...

It is the definition of insanity to keep coming back and expecting different results or it's masochism to know that the results are going to be bad and keep coming back. Otherwise, if you're coming back to us to tell us what's going to happen and you haven't come back to the team, then I don't really get what the value is to be here either for you or for us.

It is the definition of insanity to keep coming back and expecting different results or it's masochism to know that the results are going to be bad and keep coming back. Otherwise, if you're coming back to us to tell us what's going to happen and you haven't come back to the team, then I don't really get what the value is to be here either for you or for us.

You are so hilarious. Thanks again. Here a question...Maybe its not about you?

I know you don't like the negative takes from some, but in a shorter less negative way to say it,

the chiefs always sit on their hands. It would be nice to see them surprise and make a move once in a while.

Guest okiechief1

Joe Staley and Joe Thomas are on the trade block.

I'd send a pick for either one, even thougn Alex sucks. Both are great pieces.

Thomas is on record saying he doens't want to leave Clevland so  hypthetically even if we did make that move I doubt he is going to be real thrilled about going from one losing team to another.   I'd do it for the right price though. 

The broncos do whatever it takes and pay the bill later, the chiefs are scared of their own shadows and will fight the chargers for last place in the AFC West

Sending a 7th rounder to the Niners is hardly a whatever it takes and their really isn't much of a bill for it.  They essentially got a free rental for 9 games.   Good move though and maybe a change of scenery will do him good. 

Guest 303Chiefs

I know right? As if I am a Chiefs fan to please these dudes....seriously. I don't owe them anything.

I guess I should really blame my parents for allowing me to be a Chiefs fan in the first place, certainly won't promote it to my children. Guess I have a choice too, but oddly enough it's hard to kick an addiction.

I know right? As if I am a Chiefs fan to please these dudes....seriously. I don't owe them anything.

I guess I should really blame my parents for allowing me to be a Chiefs fan in the first place, certainly won't promote it to my children. Guess I have a choice too, but oddly enough it's hard to kick an addiction.

Ever try to go without? Its pretty hard to isolate yourself from the Chiefs if you are still a fan.

Guest 303Chiefs

Ever try to go without? Its pretty hard to isolate yourself from the Chiefs if you are still a fan.

Uhh yes...like every week. That urge to check the score and the twinge that maybe they can win and turn things are is always in the back of my mind. Thing is that I am a very loyal person and I don't give up on people or things I hold near and dear easily. Being a fan of this team is testing all that. Won't even bring out the Charles jersey from the closet bc I'm too ashamed to be seen in public with it on, and my wife keeps reminding me how much money I wasted on something I never wear.

Sending a 7th rounder to the Niners is hardly a whatever it takes and their really isn't much of a bill for it.  They essentially got a free rental for 9 games.   Good move though and maybe a change of scenery will do him good. 

I was not referring to this trade in particular, the broncos never sit and wait

I know you don't like the negative takes from some, but in a shorter less negative way to say it,

the chiefs always sit on their hands. It would be nice to see them surprise and make a move once in a while.

I don't mind negative takes. What I mind is when people act like they don't care (no expectations) and then they come on here and post negatively emotionally and say they don't care and then post negative. If one didn't care, one wouldn't post.

Vernon Davis hasn't been worth a fiddler's fuck in two years.  Sure, Pey-Pey will make him look better, but it's not like they just picked up Gronk for a seventh rounder. 

Relax.

It's because he has a QB who can't read a defense to save his life...  This should be a good deal for the Broncos.

If it isn't about the people you post to, then just blog it. It's a discussion board, it's about talking to other people. If one knows the Chiefs are losers and does not care to discuss with other people about it, then why the hell is one on here?

Besides, I wasn't talking about you. Sounds funny for you to say it wasn't about me when you're responding to a post that wasn't about you.

No one is talking about being a Chiefs fan to please anybody. I was just saying it was a waste of time to post when you don't ever believe your team will ever do the right thing and you don't care what other people say. What people say doesn't make my life, but I do discuss it.

Guest Chieftain

There are some people who will find any reason or excuse to complain. This signing is not going to be the difference between Denver winning or losing the super bowl.

Will the signing of Vernon Davis be good for Denver; maybe. The Broncos really miss Julius Thomas, I think he will be a minor upgrade over Daniels and Green.

Did I wish that he went to the Chiefs instead of the Broncos? Yes.

Vernon Davis will be a free agent at the end of this year. He started holding out for a better contract two years ago. I'm not sure that he's as motivated by the game as he is by his pocketbook.

The Broncos seem to have given up the kind of picks associated with one-year rentals.

I picked up Vernon Davis in every Fantasy League where he was available, but I certainly wasn't going to drop Travis Kelce to open up the roster spot.

KC is 3-5, and we are concerned about the short term in order to do well in the playoffs? Playoffs? What playoffs? 

Vernon Davis has done nothing in the past two years. He may turn it around in Denver, but what says he would do the same in KC? 

KC could be 9 - 7, but could also end up as a 7 - 9 team. They play @ Den (probably a loss), Oak and SD twice (may split twice), Bal (probably a W), CLE (probably a W), Buffalo (probably a W). That earns them a 5 - 3 record in the second half, which would put them at .500 for the season. That is likely not to send them anywhere, but looking to draft in the middle each round. 

Oakland, KC, and Pittsburgh could end up tying for a 9-7 record if all goes the right way. I have no idea which team/teams would be in the playoffs if KC beats Pitt, Pitt beats Oak, and Oak beats KC (twice). 

The key for the Chiefs would be to forget about yesterday, and concentrate on now. Playoffs? Playoffs? We're talking about playoffs? Nope. If it happens, it will be a charity event. The Chiefs have no business, absolutely zero business drafting Vernon Davis. Denver? It made all the sense in the world. 

Why is Elway so much better than Dorsey? What has he won as a GM? They hardly have any home grown talent and their team is aging. I get this move as they as they are going all in but, I don't see Davis being the difference that gets them over the hump. 

Archived