Don't need to go 2-14 or have a top 10 or 5 pick to get one. Dalton, Carr, Bridgewater and Wilson were all taken late first or later.

If the UC declare then one or two are gonna fall. Take one, let him sit for a year, build the team around him and then turn him loose and see what happens.

I am one of the biggest proponents of drafting a franchise qb. I've said it the 14 years I've been here. We've never even tried. All I'm saying here is if Alex is their guy, and all that's "missing" is a line, then do it.

How many times have I heard, " all Alex needs is an OLINE!"

Well damn, give it to him.

I lean towards no, but not for the reasons of most. 9 out 10 first round QBs aren't worth having, but I am guess this guy is in the expensive years of his contract and will be looking for a Brinks truck to pull up in front of his house in a couple years. I have no idea if that is true, but if he had 4 years left on a reasonable contract, he probably wouldn't be on the block.

Go into the draft with a first round pick and only pick a QB if he is the BPA. BPA, period is want I want. Our needs now may not be our needs in 2 years when this guy is really coming on.

Archived