Broncos game

Guest holmes4six

Every game we play against the broncos, it seems we are timid/ scared. We need to come out and be the bullies right from the get go in all 3 phases. Sutton better unleash the hounds and Reid better not call plays that consistently lose yardage. I just hope the chiefs watch that Indy game film and realize they need to be physically dominant and stick up for each other. We all know the broncos will try there usual shit. I also guarantee the broncos will take a 15yd personal foul and put Smith on his back. This is where I want to see the chiefs punch them back!

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wanna beat a Peyton Manning led team, you play them physical. They set up a short rub route, you make the receivers pay for it. You blitz Peyton early and you make damn sure you put his ass in the dirt, personal foul or not. Later on you fall back into your mixed coverages and zone blitzes and reap the rewards. Bill Belichick is the master at this.

You wanna beat a Peyton Manning led team, you play them physical. They set up a short rub route, you make the receivers pay for it. You blitz Peyton early and you make damn sure you put his ass in the dirt, personal foul or not. Later on you fall back into your mixed coverages and zone blitzes and reap the rewards. Bill Belichick is the master at this.

I agree for the most part. Blitzing will work against Kubiak's defense but, to stop the short passing game you need your d-line to knock down passes consistently. It's not just about disrupting receivers. This is how Seattle beat them in the Super Bowl. They practiced batting passes and actually backed off the pass rush to do this. They beat Manning's ass worse than any other team ever in that game. 

Guest Okiechief1

I agree for the most part. Blitzing will work against Kubiak's defense but, to stop the short passing game you need your d-line to knock down passes consistently. It's not just about disrupting receivers. This is how Seattle beat them in the Super Bowl. They practiced batting passes and actually backed off the pass rush to do this. They beat Manning's ass worse than any other team ever in that game.

They also limited yards after catch. Where the wr caught it is where they were tackled.

I'm more worried about our offense against their defense. Under Reid the offense has only gone over 17 points once. Being - 6 in the turnover battle hasn't helped nor have we had a game where we didn't turn the ball over at least once during that time frame.

They also limited yards after catch. Where the wr caught it is where they were tackled.

I'm more worried about our offense against their defense. Under Reid the offense has only gone over 17 points once. Being - 6 in the turnover battle hasn't helped nor have we had a game where we didn't turn the ball over at least once during that time frame.

They miss "pot roast" Knighton bad.... We need to line up in the I-Form and pound the rock up the middle.... West behind Sherman for once this year.... Let's use that pro bowl FB all day.... 

Guest holmes4six

I couldn't have said it any better. Win or lose...lay a beat down. Its time for the chiefs to fight! I like the eye formation with Sherman being the battering ram. I would love to see ward come in and get laid out!

That does seem to be the formula. The Chiefs defense have played Manning pretty good before, even when Crennal was the coach; they just never can produce enough offense at the time.

That does seem to be the formula. The Chiefs defense have played Manning pretty good before, even when Crennal was the coach; they just never can produce enough offense at the time.

Nailed it. And we get defensive. Play not to lose and well, you know how that turns out.

How many times have we had big leads and blown it? More than I care to count..

I understand the overwhelming pessimism based on the Chiefs underperforming this year, but did you guys watch the first game?

FIVE turnovers is the only reason Denver was even in that game and it took a miracle ending for them to win. 

Add to that the fact that they barely squeaked by Baltimore, Cleveland and Oakland

Their offense hasn't scored 30 all year. They are a fraud and if every break hadn't gone their way, they could easily be just another .500 team.

If we can shit the bed and they still need a fluke play to win, imagine what could happen if we actually played at or near our potential.

Guest Okiechief1

I understand the overwhelming pessimism based on the Chiefs underperforming this year, but did you guys watch the first game?

FIVE turnovers is the only reason Denver was even in that game and it took a miracle ending for them to win.

Add to that the fact that they barely squeaked by Baltimore, Cleveland and Oakland

Their offense hasn't scored 30 all year. They are a fraud and if every break hadn't gone their way, they could easily be just another .500 team.

If we can shit the bed and they still need a fluke play to win, imagine what could happen if we actually played at or near our potential.

Yep

Andy called a very balanced game as well. Hope he doesn't forget we had some success against them the way he called it.

That's been the formula to beat any elite QB through the years. And yet they are still elite. Takes talent, will and execution.

I like your post, and agree about the first game. It just seems like the players for the Chiefs need to be mentally stronger to deal with what's happening during the game. There have been games when they are confident and executing well, but can get down on themselves easily, and make mistakes.

This happens especially when they play the Broncos. I think the Chiefs are phyiscally capable of beating the Broncos, I'm just not sure how mentally capable they are.  Regardless, I really hope they play to thier full potential in this upcomig game.

The only time that came out as an option for me for taking my daughters to a local event was during the game. The games in which I had to watch the whole game replayed, we lost. The games I either started on time or caught up during the game, we won. So hopefully I get home early.

That's been the formula to beat any elite QB through the years. And yet they are still elite. Takes talent, will and execution.

Execution by and far. The biggest reason Belichick is the greatest coach, perhaps ever, is because he is a defensive genius and his teams nearly always execute his plan. I'm not just including the Brady years. The man has been doing it for 30 years.

Denver has good guards, Mathis, and Vasquez, but not much else on their offensive line. Their center, Matt Paradis is below average. Forget about their Tackles. Their Tackles aren't very good, but Manning gets rid of the ball too soon for them to be of any importance. Manning thinks fast, and passes fast. His average pass release time is in just 2.33 seconds. This is hardly time enough for a player to come around the Tackle. 

The answer is up the middle. Poe was coming off an injury, and did not play much. He hasn't been as effective this year as in the past. I would hope he has had time to recover. Jaye Howard is the starter. He can get pressure up the middle. One key is for the Chiefs to rotate Howard and Poe in order to get constant pressure up the gut. Getting pressure up the middle can be defeated by running the football. So, the Inside linebackers really need to step up. Stop the run. Force Manning to pass. Get pressure up the middle, where you can get in his face quickest. Finally, the secondary needs to cover closely. If the Chiefs can breathe down the backs of Denver's receivers for greater than three seconds, the odds are greatly increased that Manning will either throw the ball away or turn the ball over. What kills is missed assignments or blown coverage. Manning will find the most open player, and deliver the ball at the optimum time. The Chiefs will have to anticipate, and be in the right spot. If the pass is complete, the remaining defensive backs better get there in time to shorten the play. YAC is a huge part of their offense. 

Archived