Broncos game

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed emotions. Enjoying the win but Alex Smith showed me nothing today that got me excited. We have Maclin who was almost non existent. We have one of the best young TE's in the game in Kelce who was limited to near non existence. I understand Denver has a very good defense. But the offense was handed short fields all day long and did little with it. It's obvious Manning is hurting somehow. I have never seen him look that pathetic. Better to burn out than to just wither into a shell of what you used to be. Manning will not retire on top of the mountain the way Elway did.

Fix the offense Andy!!!

Guest 303Chiefs

Manning's mind can still make the reads, his body can no longer make the throws, it's pretty obvious.

A few of the int's were drastically underthrown due to what you said. I'm glad we won but if we played a full game against Brock I'm not sure it would have been so one sided.

Mixed emotions. Enjoying the win but Alex Smith showed me nothing today that got me excited. We have Maclin who was almost non existent. We have one of the best young TE's in the game in Kelce who was limited to near non existence. I understand Denver has a very good defense. But the offense was handed short fields all day long and did little with it. It's obvious Manning is hurting somehow. I have never seen him look that pathetic. Better to burn out than to just wither into a shell of what you used to be. Manning will not retire on top of the mountain the way Elway did.

Fix the offense Andy!!!

Fix the offense Andy!!!

We had a lead. I'm assuming that's why we decided not to throw the game away. Reid, was smart with this one. He ran the ball when needed and killed time. 

A few of the int's were drastically underthrown due to what you said. I'm glad we won but if we played a full game against Brock I'm not sure it would have been so one sided.

They aren't garbage time playing Brock if he started and had a gameplan tailored for him.

They got 13 points off a surprise element when the game was over. Not really impressive.

Reid and Smith played it smart.  With the lead of several scores, all the Chiefs had to do was play it safe and use time.  If the Donks had been within two scores, then it would have been too conservative, but as the game turned out, all that could beat the Chiefs were turnovers and Reid sure didn't want to see a repeat of the first Denver game this year.  Why throw downfield with a three score lead in the second half?  What made it look bad was that Denver has a very good run defense and the Chiefs best option was to play run heavy.  I don't fault Smith nor Reid for this one.

Fix the offense Andy!!!

I won't claim Smith played well, that Maclin/Kelce was used optimally, that Manning was near 100%, that Reid called the game optimally or managed the clock well, but no blowout win over Denver is mixed. It's just good, teamwise, not great or perfect.

Dude shut the fuck up with your gloom and doom!! Did you even watch the game? Peyton played terrible because of pressure. Brock came in for garbage duty the defense backed off, he had not taken the hits so of coarse he would stand tall but he was intercepted and sacked 3 times and should have been 4 if Houston would unload on a QB instead of just wrapping up. Hell any time AS11 get yards and scores when we are behind all you hear is how that's garbage time. Fucking double standard bullshit from fair weather fans drives me crazy!! Chiefs won, Chiefs Dominated, end of fuckin story and I don't give a shit about who was playing QB for Denver!!

Lots of short passes. Miller had his moments but Reid held up. Left side of our offensive line played well. Fisher, Allen and Morse are keepers

It's good to know that at least one side of the line (the more important one) is holding up. Smith evidently did get a good amount of pressure, and had to break out of the pocket several times. When he did throw, why all of the incompletions?

Short completions in a West Coast Offense don't bother me: It's supposed to work that way, and that's what opens up 80 yard touchdown completions late in the game. However, why was the completion rate so low (sub-55%) and coupled with such a low yards per attempt (4.1 yards if excluding the one 80 yard completion)?

It still burns me that the NFL pulled the prime time Chiefs game for next week (although I get why they did that). The only game left on their schedule that could possibly be slotted to Sunday evening would be their week 17 matchup against the Raiders, and that will only happen if both the Chiefs and Raiders reach that game in a win-and-in scenario. At that point, it wouldn't matter, as the Raider games are locally broadcast anyway. I imagine that next year I might break down and get the NFL's Game Pass. 

This is the Game Manning gets knocked out injured and out for the year. Still think Denver can beat KC with their back up. In fact the backup may be better than the current Manning. Knocking Manning out would make my season!

See ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This win likely saved Reids job. I think he would have been gone had KC lost and continued to lose.

I get frustrated with him, too, mostly about not letting someone else do the playcalling. Clock management as well. But he wins because he's good, maybe not good enough, but good. So yes, if he were worse and couldn't win, he wouldn't be here. Again, I get frustrated with him too and do not claim him to be the best coach. Winning rightfully keeps his job. Losing would rightfully lose it.

It's good to know that at least one side of the line (the more important one) is holding up. Smith evidently did get a good amount of pressure, and had to break out of the pocket several times. When he did throw, why all of the incompletions?

Short completions in a West Coast Offense don't bother me: It's supposed to work that way, and that's what opens up 80 yard touchdown completions late in the game. However, why was the completion rate so low (sub-55%) and coupled with such a low yards per attempt (4.1 yards if excluding the one 80 yard completion)?

It still burns me that the NFL pulled the prime time Chiefs game for next week (although I get why they did that). The only game left on their schedule that could possibly be slotted to Sunday evening would be their week 17 matchup against the Raiders, and that will only happen if both the Chiefs and Raiders reach that game in a win-and-in scenario. At that point, it wouldn't matter, as the Raider games are locally broadcast anyway. I imagine that next year I might break down and get the NFL's Game Pass.

Short completions are the bread and butter of the Bill Walsh west coast offense. The idea is that a six yard pass is easier to obtain than a 6 yard run. I'm with you there. We had a west coast guru years ago that coached with Marty named Paul Hackett. This was how he ran the offense. Short competions do not bother me as it brings the linebackers up which opens up lanes for the tight end.

On another subject, whatever happened to Albert Wilson and Chris Conley???? Particularly Wilson?

Guest Grizpapa

Anyone? All I saw was a stat line, and Smith's late completion to Charcandrick West.

Pass Pro was marginal.

They had Demetrius Harris blocking Von Miller way too many times.

There were also several plays (that weren't options) where Miller was unblocked.

Guest Grizpapa

A couple were throw aways.

A couple were bad throws.

There was at least one drop by Kelce.

One drop by Wilson in the endzone, where it didn't look like him an Smith were not on the same page, he turned late for the ball and only put 1 hand out to try to make the catch.

Guest Grizpapa

A couple were throw aways.

A couple were bad throws.

There was at least one drop by Kelce.

One drop by Wilson in the endzone, where it didn't look like him an Smith were not on the same page, he turned late for the ball and only put 1 hand out to try to make the catch.

And there were 2 that were batted down at the line.

Archived