Broncos game

It's good to know that at least one side of the line (the more important one) is holding up. Smith evidently did get a good amount of pressure, and had to break out of the pocket several times. When he did throw, why all of the incompletions?

Short completions in a West Coast Offense don't bother me: It's supposed to work that way, and that's what opens up 80 yard touchdown completions late in the game. However, why was the completion rate so low (sub-55%) and coupled with such a low yards per attempt (4.1 yards if excluding the one 80 yard completion)?

It still burns me that the NFL pulled the prime time Chiefs game for next week (although I get why they did that). The only game left on their schedule that could possibly be slotted to Sunday evening would be their week 17 matchup against the Raiders, and that will only happen if both the Chiefs and Raiders reach that game in a win-and-in scenario. At that point, it wouldn't matter, as the Raider games are locally broadcast anyway. I imagine that next year I might break down and get the NFL's Game Pass.

There was one where Wilson tried to one hand it. There is one where he darted it into the ground because there was nothing else. And I believe there was a deep attempt where he was trying to throwaway where I think you gave up on it so it was obvious he was throwing it away, not just being inaccurate (which he can be). The others were standard misses you there by pressure, WR, or by Smith. I didn't see very many drops.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great week to be a Chief fan....

Need to get back to .500 next week.

Hopefully our fan base got their swagger back?

w

It really bugged me how people said that we had no chance to beat them but then when we did they said it was because of the defense or because Manning was getting old. Seriously, before the game started we knew that the defense could play well and we knew that Manning was old but still we had no chance? Obviously we had a chance and we took it.

It's funny that the game that people gave us a chance was the first game against them and with Charles we lost and partly due to Charles we lost and due to that defense we lost. Yes, a big part of that was Smith, but we already knew that. I'm talking about our strengths didn't do well.

It really bugged me how people said that we had no chance to beat them but then when we did they said it was because of the defense or because Manning was getting old. Seriously, before the game started we knew that the defense could play well and we knew that Manning was old but still we had no chance? Obviously we had a chance and we took it.

It's funny that the game that people gave us a chance was the first game against them and with Charles we lost and partly due to Charles we lost and due to that defense we lost. Yes, a big part of that was Smith, but we already knew that. I'm talking about our strengths didn't do well.

Strengths didn't do well for about 5 straight weeks. That was the concern. Then the Chiefs got a couple wins against what was supposed to be inferior competition. Nobody was going to give KC the benefit of the doubt against the Broncos. The team stepped up a bit. The offense remains a major concern though going forward. They have to score more TDs.

Strengths didn't do well for about 5 straight weeks. That was the concern. Then the Chiefs got a couple wins against what was supposed to be inferior competition. Nobody was going to give KC the benefit of the doubt against the Broncos. The team stepped up a bit. The offense remains a major concern though going forward. They have to score more TDs.

I understand, but I did not give them a chance against Green Bay or Cincinnati. I'm posting like an optimist and I didn't give them a chance in those games. But as far as the Broncos, people knew that Manning could be knocked out. People knew the defense once in a while plays great and most the time plays "good." Sometimes, they don't. Didn't think anyone should make the Chiefs the favorites on the road, of course. We rarely get blown out and I saw people predicting that. Usually when we lose, it's usually by 7-10 or at worst, by 10 to 14 which is a minor blowout, but not a major one.

The point is, I don't like people using known variables as the reason why a team upset the other when before they didn't think those known variables even gave them a chance. If it's known nonvariable like just a really bad offense against a really good defense, then that's when you don't give them a chance, unless the defense is unbearably good. The defense we have is not unvariably good, so that's why I didn't give us a chance against Cincinnati even though Cincinnati will blow the game here and there.

The Chiefs were always capable of beating saltlick, but they had a problem of beating themselves.

Would never count out KC beating itself.

The Chiefs were always capable of beating saltlick, but they had a problem of beating themselves.

Would never count out KC beating itself.

Truth. Let just fake it until the second round of the playoffs, please?!!! A man can dream, however unreasonably, can't he?

Archived